Author Topic: covcats -Oh well....  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: covcats -Oh well....
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 10:03:28 AM »
We are still hoping to catch the 4th kitten. The ladys hubby is at the hospice today and tomorrow so think she will not try until Friday.
She was very concernd about them being released back to the site as she would not be able to continue feeding them for much longer at her age.

They think mum cat was dumped with a dog who found a new home by jumping into the boot of someones car when they were out walking their dog. Having said that she is not a happy bunny this morning so we shall have to wait and see.

So if anyone has any feral locations in the midlands......

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 09:28:31 AM »
Im being thick here Angie but whats TNR ed, and what happened to the 4th kitten?,

Think it means trap neuter release, they stay feral, but cannot breed any more.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:19:53 AM »
Good luck with her - is she a feral, or do you think just a dumped domestic?
Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 22:39:54 PM »
Im being thick here Angie but whats TNR ed, and what happened to the 4th kitten?,
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
covcats -Oh well....
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 22:22:35 PM »
I have been trying to trap 4 kittens in Church Lawford, a small village between Rugby and Coventry. the call was that an 80year old woman and her hubby were feeding these kittens. The mum cat had been dumped with a dog. The kittens were about 8/9 weeks. They requested help from CP in Rugby over a month ago and had not heard back. When they chased up last week they were told that when the kittens were old enough they would be TNR'ed.

Anyway kittens 3- 4 months old. we got 3 over the weekend.

Got call 9pm tonight, they had trapped mum. Oh well, so full one more can't really matter and problem solved for good.
Just got back with her and moved cats around (meaning one in my study and wanting fuss all the time!).

Anyway, she is very heavily pregnant so there goes another spanner in the getting the number of cats down. :'( OH extremely pissed off and thats without knowing she is extra to the 4 I was taking in and that she is pregnany.  :'( :'(

Link to CatChat