Author Topic: Homes needed for two cats whose owner has recently died  (Read 1376 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Homes needed for two cats whose owner has recently died
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:05:06 AM »
It's one of those days today.

Have had a lady on the phone, given my name by RSPCA, looking for a home for two cats who belonged to her mother who passed away suddenly two weeks ago.

Lady cannot take cats on as she lives on a busy main road and cats are used to going outside.

Both are black and white neutered males "Felix" type cats, one is 5 years old, one is 6.  They can be split if necessary, they are up-to-date with flea and worming treatment but don't know about vaccinations so best to assume they are not vaccinated.

They are presently in the deceased owner's council flat which has been emptied, so they are on their own in there and the key is supposed to be handed back on Friday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am beginning to feel completely useless and out of my depth on the rescue side down here.  :'( :'(

I would love to be able to just ask for foster support for these two, but unfortunately my finances are stretched to the limit with the ones I have here at the moment so would not be able to provide financial assistance to any potential fosterers so I think this route is out of the question.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Link to CatChat