Author Topic: URGENT Anyone able to take in two oldies - owner wants pts due to house move!!!!  (Read 8333 times)

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
So sad   :'(  RIP oldies
Run free xx

and their past owners  :censored: :censored:
Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Lesley - we moved to bigger premises this year, which doubled the number of cats we could help and we are still having to turn people away, it really doesn't matter how much space you have, we cant help them all. But remember, we help as many as we can, and while we can't help them all, we make a difference to the ones we do, and we arent the ones who let cats like these down, that is down to other people, we just have more compassion which is why it hurts more that we cant help.
Gillian - unfortunately most vets rely on rescues, and if a rescue can't step in, and they can't find a member of staff/client to take a cat on, then they have to pts, as they have nowhere for them to go. My vet says there has been such an increase in cases like this this year, and she is having to pts more of them because of how full the rescues are, and she has at least 3 rescues on her books.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
I do hope so Sue cos its just so unfair that two healthy cats are not wanted after living with someone for so long  :'(

RIP you Two Oldies and just ask for thePpurrs cats on the Bridge and they will love you and look after you forever

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Oh Lesley.  It's all been said - however large your house or heart, you can't care for them all, and keep them all safe.   :hug: :hug:

Am so sad for these two.   :( So many of us would do anything to keep our babies with us for the longest possible time.  How awful for these little souls not to be wanted enough by their owner.   What goes around.....

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
I sickens me how heartless people can be. I hope when they are old they rot with bedsores, cancer and every imaginable pain both mentally and physically  >:( - scum  >:(

I totally agree with this  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I think Angie hit the nail on the head with the last few words  :(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Lesley, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to sound critical. I have the utmost admiration for vet nurses and people like yourself who do so much to help so many cats. It is absolutely not your fault or theirs that these little ones didn't make it. I am angry with the owners and people who continue to breed.

It's okay I know you're not being critical :hug:, I'm just "tender" at the moment.  If space and money were no object, time would not be an obstacle either :wish:

The sad reality is that if you had loads of space and loads of money you'd still  not have enough!
remember we can only save the ones we can, its just sad that we are the ones that grieve.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Lesley, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to sound critical. I have the utmost admiration for vet nurses and people like yourself who do so much to help so many cats. It is absolutely not your fault or theirs that these little ones didn't make it. I am angry with the owners and people who continue to breed.

It's okay I know you're not being critical :hug:, I'm just "tender" at the moment.  If space and money were no object, time would not be an obstacle either :wish:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
I'm sorry, I feel so bad that I couldn't help these cats, or find someone else to help them, I'm ranting a bit but this dilemma has happened to me too many times in the last week and it gets to you after a while.

Not your fault Lesley  :hug: but I can certainly understand it getting to you  :hug:

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Lesley I know you must feel awful but you are not the culprit in this - I know that celia hammond have taken on two lots of 50 from just two homes in the last month - I don't know the answer I wish I did but while ignorant people carry on letting animals breed out of control there will always be this problem  :hug: to you for everything you do do

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
I don't understand, though, why they didn't have longer to find a home/rescue place for them.

The trouble is - how long do you wait - in the last seven days I could have taken in probably 7 cats who were desperate for somewhere to go; one woman phoned me asking to take her kittens and it turned out she had 20 kittens and god knows how many un-neutered adults (luckily another rescue was able to help here) - but where do I put them, how long do I have to keep hold of them and where do I find the money to pay for them.  Melissa developed tonsilitis this week so that cost my over £60 and that is just one.

The stark truth is that there are too many cats in need and not enough people to help - there are more people willing to give up on their pdets than there are good samaritans to take them in and until the core problem over over-breeding and over-population is dealt with, this will carry on happening.

I'm sorry, I feel so bad that I couldn't help these cats, or find someone else to help them, I'm ranting a bit but this dilemma has happened to me too many times in the last week and it gets to you after a while. :sorry:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
Unfortunately, the PDSA is not a rescue in itself and, though the Nurses go above and beyond their duties trying to find homes or rescue places for the cats and kittens that are handed in to them they do not have the space to keep them for any length of time and the Vets that work at this particular Centre are not as compassionate as the Nurses are unfortunately (or at least in my experience).  I know these nurses did their utmost to find these cats a place but everywhere down here is so full.

It is so hard in rescue at the moment, as Angie and Mark pointed out, we cannot help them all no matter how much we try.  The PDSA kindly phoned me yesterday and asked if I was a registered charity because if I was they were nominating me as their charity to go forward to receive funds from their Charitable Trust as I am the only one who ever responds to their pleas help.  I was very grateful for them considering me and I am thinking of registering for charitable status but it doesn't make me feel any better that I couldn't help these two. :'(

With regard to their names, I don't even know if the owner gave the PDSA their names.  I know that the little 11 year old I picked up the week before was not left with a name by the callous relatives who left her there >:(.  The children in my streeet have named her Melissa. :Luv2:

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
Perhaps because, as Mark suggested earlier, the alternative (being abandoned to die) was marginally worse. I don't understand, though, why they didn't have longer to find a home/rescue place for them.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
What I want to know is how can a vet agree to put two healthy cats to sleep?  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I thought of you this morning when I read that Michelle and how you would do anything on earth to make Issey well  :hug: and people like this without any heart or soul will just PTS without a 2nd thought  >:(

It is beyond me to understand how people can have pets for so long and not feel anything for them.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 14:39:39 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Makes Me so  :censored: angry

I wold give anything for Issey not to die and then theres people like this who couldnt give a  :censored: about their cats

:censored: :censored: :censored:

RIP sweet cats....I'm so sorry You werent loved enough and I hope something really nasty happens to your owners... :censored:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
This is so sad  :'(  - I really do not know how these people can look at themselves in a mirror or sleep at night.

RIP little ones - play hard at the Bridge xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
can we put names to these two poor cats, Lesley?

I don't like to think of them as just another two anonymous casualties of human selfishness :(
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
This is awful. Their owner needs to be put to sleep for even considering this. >:(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
How awful!  >:( :(

RIP Two sweet oldies....on Rainbow Bridge there is no racism...you are full of youth once more x

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :'(  :'(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
I'm so sad to hear this, it breaks my heart. RIP little ones.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I sickens me how heartless people can be. I hope when they are old they rot with bedsores, cancer and every imaginable pain both mentally and physically  >:( - scum  >:(
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:14:17 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Oh dear what was their crime?

:RIP: :candle:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I can't believe it, poor babies

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
Unfortunately, these two were unable to be saved :'( :'(

:RIP: little ones, I hope one day your owner gets the same treatment from their relatives :censored:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I am beginning to believe in the maxim that if a cat is owned then the owner has the right to pts if they want.

Sadly I think this is going to start happening. We can't be the only rescue in the country that is full to bursting - to the point of even having to suspend the waiting list as it is so long  :(
The only positive I can see from this is PTS is better (marginally) than turfing a house cat out to fend for itself  :(

Why don't people think before they get pets?  >:( - a really good reason to refuse to home at xmas unless there is a good reason.

And another reason why I have zero time for anyone that allows cats or dogs to get pregnant. I hope they rot in hell for their selfish decisions.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
But why bloomin have a cat if they have no committment to them for all of their life grrrrrrrrrrrr

I am in a bad mood too hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss spit.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
I am beginning to believe in the maxim that if a cat is owned then the owner has the right to pts if they want.

All this emotional blackmail by them putting the burden onto rescues who cannot cope with the volume of strays (probably dumped in the first place) let alone the ones with owners is disgraceful.

I am tired of feeling bad and guilty for something that is not my responsibility while over stretching myself by having too many cats because people cannot be bothered to look after their pets or at least ensure they DO NOT BREED from them!!

Am I having a bad day..... OH Yes (though not cat related for a change... >:()

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
How can people be so heartless. It makes me so cross.   >:(

When I came down from Scotalnd 8 years ago I brought my then 3 cats with me in the back of the car. They wailed pitifully all the way but leaving them behind was not an option.

Any chance someone local could take them in temporarily until a rescue place becomes available?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
It's such a callous thing to do.  How'd they like to be dumped due to age or lack of interest? 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Misa was taken to be pts at 4 years old, thank you to a vet for saving him .

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I'd cut off my right arm before I'd part with my little old Ginger Imposter.  I hope these two can be found a home.   :(

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Very best of luck with this Leslie, my heart goes out to you  :hug:  I rescued my Pep as he was just going to be pts within the week at 17 and there really was no need other than his owner was now too busy, she never even shed a tear apparently :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
This is so sad......how can you have cats for 15 years and then just want to kill them  :'( :'(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Fingers crossed for this lovely pair....and yet again the owners never cease to amaze me!!!  :( :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:52:38 AM by Bazsmum »

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
PDSA have just been on the phone.  Owner has been in with two cats, 15 year old ginger and 13 year old female, wanting them pts as she is moving house and can't or won't take them with her :censored:  Has had them since they were kittens :shocked:  (Let's hope she's not downsizing and has a couple of teenagers who won't fit in the new home :censored: :censored: :censored:

PDSA have tried all local rescues but no one has room, including me though it makes me feel so guilty to say no to such needy cases.

Is there anyone anywhere that can help these two poor babies and we can try to arrange a transport link if necessary.

Link to CatChat