Author Topic: Think we're having to re-home Woody  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Think we're having to re-home Woody
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 19:16:55 PM »
Good luck with the prospective homes

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 14:39:33 PM »
Thanks you guys  :Luv:

It's actually wierd cos even though I feel bad for ourselves, I feel better now we've made the decision and now we can just concentrate on getting a great home for him - there are already a couple in the pipeline... will let you all know...

He's such a wonderful boy and been through so much (starved, kicked in the face, burned) and so the person who adopts him will be so very lucky. It felt the same when we re-homed another foster who had deformed back legs, but she found herself in a lovely indoor home with a kind child, other cats, a gentle dog and the run of the place so I know it can work out really well

Ahh maybe not so much of a failed fosterer yet!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Maisy

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 08:00:39 AM »
I know how you feel. We took on my sister's cats when she went abroad, and they are making our cat's life a complete misery! However, although I have advertised them in several places I am finding absolutely zero luck in finding them a home - and have pretty much been told I am unlikely to at this time of year.  :( :(

Good luck with rehoming him - he is gorgeous!  :Luv:

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 22:25:57 PM »
You are doing absolutely the right thing- it is so hard but putting the cat's feelings before your own is the kindest thing. We were in exactly the same situation a few months ago and had to rehome Mojo after trying for 6 weeks to make it work and falling deeply in love with him! He made the other cat's lives miserable though and chased them out of their own homes at any opportunity. He is now in a home where he is pampered as an only cat and it makes me realise that this really is the best for him!
I hope you find him a lovely home xxx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 20:36:38 PM »
Sorry it hasnt worked out with him  :(  but your being brave and putting the cats feelings before your own, giving them the home lifes they both want  :hug: :hug:

Almost word for word what I was about to write - it may be absolutely gutting but sounds like you're doing the right thing  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:55:34 PM »
I am sorry things aren't going to work out, but you have given him the chance and sometimes that is all we can do. It is hard when they are such a wonderful cat and you want to keep them, but you know you can't. Good luck in finding him a home
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:27:15 PM »
Sorry it hasnt worked out with him  :(  but your being brave and putting the cats feelings before your own, giving them the home lifes they both want  :hug: :hug:

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Think we're having to re-home Woody
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 20:05:00 PM »
He just will not leave Katie alone and he keeps chasing her and making her life a bit rubbish. We know what we have to do, but it's so hard, I just want the best home for him...

If anyone wants a loony cat who just loves life then drop us an email!!!!!!!

He looks as if butter wouldn't melt but he's a cheeky so and so really! How do I let him go when I know it's or the best, but don't want to  :(
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat