Author Topic: My latest batch  (Read 5117 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: My latest batch
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »
What gave it away..... :shy:

You're quite close to Niall actually. Will ask him if he knows anyone willing to foster two of these guys. (That is right isn't it? I'm still half asleep now!)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 09:36:29 AM »
We're from Canterbury, JS...  :shify: Bit sleepy this morning?  :evillaugh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 09:25:51 AM »
Only just read this thread - what lovely cats! Whereabouts are you, Julie? I can ask Niall if he knows of any safe feral places if he's close to you.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 09:19:35 AM »
Well I keep telling myself they are safe at least, because if they'd stayed where they were they wouldn't have lasted long - in a garden about 100 yards away from the Canterbury ring road.  :doh:

I could split them into 2 pens but only have one room (bathroom) I can use you see. And no way to maneuver the pens so they couldn't see each other at all. A bit pointless I feel.  :innocent:

Reluctantly I had to change their pen last night as it had got to the state where I couldn't clean it anymore with them inside it. They sling litter around everywhere and poo and stinky clay had dried on to the bars. It needs to be taken into the yard and jetwashed. No choice but to get the gauntlets out and grab them and put them into a nice clean pen. But that idea was that not well received!!  :rofl: The black one who I thought would be the calmest did his best to puncture my gloves. The howling would have turned the dead in their graves.  :doh:

So I just don't know about these 4... I really don't.  :-: If a safe farm or stables home comes up I will grab it as it's got to be better than potentially being stuck in my bathroom for months.  :tired: :(

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 08:57:51 AM »
My advice would be to split them in to two pens in seperate rooms with other folks interacting with them and leaving a radio on also helps - I remeber the first 5 we had oh the joys all tamed down eventually infact we now have one back from a friend who downsized her house and we got Oscar back he is a soft lump nopw but I remember the claw marks being present for quite a while

We also used a lot of catnip to drug the darlings and make them approachable - we grow our own nip and dry it in buches they love the stuff

Another thought if you think they are older perhaps Zylkene may hlep - I have Indie on it and I notice when she is due her next capsule on food - We also have Sam who isn't on it and he is certainly more feisty but we have hope as he is mixing with the other clan cats and seems to be making new friends - Indie is still in her pen as she is due to be speyed next week and Sam only being done a week don't want any accidents!

I think they are all wonderful but the little black one is my favourite   :Luv2: - do they have names yet
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 18:38:54 PM »
It would lessen the time but would what you get to spend with them have more effect? Fingers crossed you can find some else to work with them :luck:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 10:41:21 AM »
True - maybe if you could find someone to take the other two it could work?
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 10:39:27 AM »
Well I could Desley but then that would also split in half the time I can spend with them.  :tired:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 10:26:28 AM »
Could you split them into 2 cages Julie?
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 00:54:14 AM »
Well they might be cute but they are also not making much progress at the moment. It really is like living with a cage full of rattle snakes.  :tired: Every time I look at them, my thoughts about their true age go up. Baring in mind feral kittens usually appear smaller than their true age due to a poor nutritional start, they could even be as old as 5 months.  :shocked:

Maybe if it were just one or perhaps 2 of them, I might be within a chance. But 4 in one pen just set each other off like dominoes.... hissing, spitting, striking out.  :doh: It doesn't take much to get them spooked. The neighbour flushed his toilet while I was feeding them from my fingers and one got scared and lept on the bars of the cage and spat at me, that upset the others and before I knew it all 4 were scrambling around like cornered rats and throwing themselves at the pen bars.  :(

We had a chance of a feral home for them but due to the large amount of foxes around I passed on that. They are too small to stand their ground against a fox.  :scared:

So... if anyone has been thinking about having a go at taming some ferals, do let me know. We can supply a cage, all food and vet back-up plus gloves in case of accidental escape and I'll even throw in a bottle of gin to drown your sorrows.  :rofl:

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 13:06:29 PM »
 :Luv2:  they are gorgeous   :hug:
Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 20:35:30 PM »
Gorgeous little ones Julie, if anyone can bring them round it's you  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 22:26:10 PM »
Those gingers look real devils and all the best for the taming  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 19:52:08 PM »
Now comes lots of fun and games and lots of treats for these beautiful hissy little poppets!

I know folks will think I'm mad but Zylkene has worked on both Sam and Indie - in fact Sam was in the lounge last night - we like our ferals to be a bit older for taming at about a year!

Good luck and the black one has my vote - I am a black cat junky -  :Luv2: :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 19:36:52 PM »
Ah, seems like my Elliot has some nephews over there!!
My neighbour recently told me wild kittens will always stay wild, hope not with this cuties
Every life should have 9 cats

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 18:56:48 PM »
Aww, bless them. Good luck with taming them
Please spay your cat

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 14:07:32 PM »
They are all gorgeous :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 13:12:51 PM »
Actually the black one, Bonnie, is perhaps the quietest so may be that he/she will come around a bit quicker.  ;) They all dash about and hiss when you approach the pen, but if you stand your ground and remain very calm and use slow movements, all of them will eat food from your finger tips now. Bonnie took to it first and the rest have slowly followed.  :naughty: It does take a nerve of steal though as they are pretty awesome when they throw a strop.  :rofl:

Still... it's about gently pushing the boundaries and winning trust, isn't it? :shy: As I said to Liz on another thread recently, you only need 2 fingers to hold a Mars Bar so you may as well sacrfice the rest to a good cause.  :innocent:  :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 13:00:01 PM »
Oh I love the spikey haired ginge on the right  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 12:52:56 PM »
Aw best wishes for the taming process Julie, they look a right bunch!  :evillaugh: :Luv: :hug:

I actually love the little black one in the middle, so cute and wary looking!  :)

ps...Every litter should have a little black one, and every hooman should know just how special they are!  :Luv2:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »
There's actually 4 kittens but you can't see the other ginger as he/she's buried under the others. Feral kittens do that a lot... they think if they can't see you, then you can't see them. So it's always a competition to be the one underneath.  :evillaugh:

Names were chosen by Pudding... Russell, Bramble, Barley and Bonnie (black one)

The black one does look a tad smaller, but there isn't a great deal in it, Trigger. It's more to do with Bonnie trying to 'blend in' and hope no one notices.  :evillaugh:

I think they look at least 3 months to me, maybe more. And they are very spitty. So that could be me sorted for foster kittens for some time!  :innocent:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 12:37:51 PM »
They're certainly cuties  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »
What I want to know is this.... Is there someone with a strange sense of humour who follows around stray pregnant queens and 'issues' a black kitten free with every litter?  :shify:

:evillaugh: how fabulous is that !  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »
awwww, just gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 12:33:36 PM »
Julie they are gorgeous  :Luv2:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »
but aren't they gorgeous :Luv2: do they have names?

and is it the piccie, or is the black one half the size of the other two?

and when it comes to rehoming, perhaps you ought to consider including a black kitten free with every purchase ;)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
My latest batch
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
We have been trying to make room to get a mum and kittens in for the last two weeks. They had been living in someone's garden in the central Canterbury area. Finally we found some room this week and the kittens came to me.  :naughty:

Unfortunately they are much bigger than we'd hoped so it could be a long process bringing them round.  :tired:

What I want to know is this.... Is there someone with a strange sense of humour who follows around stray pregnant queens and 'issues' a black kitten free with every litter?  :shify:

Link to CatChat