Author Topic: How many grown ups does it take for how long to catch one abandoned kitten?  (Read 3062 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Well the last time I picked up a dumped kitten was when she was thrown out of a speeding car in front of me on the A38.  :censored:

She ran across the carriageway with me in hot pursuit and then she must have decided that I was not that bad after all and just sat in a trembling heap.

It was the nasty man in the truck who decided to shout abuse at me and give me this strange 2 fingered salute that the little one was not happy about.

But we called her pickle as she was rescued from one and came into us for safety and for some strange reason never left.  :Luv2:

However the next dumped kitten after that, pickle brought home with her last year. A little 6 weeker followed pickle home one day. Slightly easier that running across carriageways!

>:( >:( >:(  :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Well the last time I picked up a dumped kitten was when she was thrown out of a speeding car in front of me on the A38.  :censored:

She ran across the carriageway with me in hot pursuit and then she must have decided that I was not that bad after all and just sat in a trembling heap.

It was the nasty man in the truck who decided to shout abuse at me and give me this strange 2 fingered salute that the little one was not happy about.

But we called her pickle as she was rescued from one and came into us for safety and for some strange reason never left.  :Luv2:

However the next dumped kitten after that, pickle brought home with her last year. A little 6 weeker followed pickle home one day. Slightly easier that running across carriageways!

Well done ang, have a well earned cuppa.
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
She's gorgeous!   Could just picture the scene, but know how worrying it must've been given the busy road, and so glad you managed to get her.  Well done the man who owned the car  :wow:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
What happened to your post Ang?  :shify: You fall asleep on the tab button!  :evillaugh:

What a little stunner she is....I love her Felix markings!  :Luv2:

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
Sounds like she gave you a real run for your money Angie ;)

What have you named her, "Mini" perhaps?

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat

yes shes a lovely little girl. OH had her on his lap when i went down yesterday. she has been kept sep. at the moment though she seems well enough. has used litter tray and that was ok.
she did sleep a lot yesterday but i guess all the stress of the chase must have worn her out - it certainly did me! :rofl:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Glad you got her in the end, although I woudlnt mix her yet.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
glad you got the wee one Angie.....  they do like to keep you on your toes!!  lol ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Well done Angie!  :hug: :hug:

She looks lovely.  :Luv: But she does also look as slippery as an eel. Yes, I can imagine the scenario in my head.  :innocent: I often worry the Rozzers will arrive and ask what I'm doing when I'm up to these kinds of games.  :-[

Never actually had to go digging in a car engine for a kitten before, though. So I think you trumps me.  :evillaugh:  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Isnt she just sweet  ;D

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
OK, can't beat that. 6 Adults and 2 and a half hours.

Really worrying as the road she was next to is the main one running through Balsall Common and Traffic zooms down it so a lot of time was spent trying to keep her away from the front. We had to go though 3 gardens eventually when she bolted for the engine of the car. The bemused owner came out after about 30 mins of 6 adults crawling round his car and opened the bonnet for us.
One of the gents with us managed to get her via the front wheel arch and pull and I then through an old sheet over them both :rofl:

Now flead, wormed and eaten. She seems in good health and mum cat was very curious as to all her crying. Just deciding whether to risk letting her mingle with mum and kittens who are about the same size as her though younger looking by a couple of weeks.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
*Cue the Benny Hill music*  :evillaugh:

Were waiting!!!  :print: :waiting:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Having played this game myself I can tell you our record is 7 neighbours from one street, over the course of a 4 hour chase along gardens, starting at midnight in December. What a caper that one was!!  :Crazy:

Not a enjoyable sport though, is it Angie?  :tired:

Did you win? Hope so! Lets see the prize, then!  :pic:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
I take it you got the kitten then Angie?

Best Wishes to Judith for a speedy recovery  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
How many grown ups does it take for how long to catch one abandoned kitten?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 17:15:34 PM »
What a day!
Took Judith down hospital this morning after a fall. Came back and just had time for a coffee when mum comes round.

Made us some tea, sat down to drink it and then the phone call.

Kitten been crying in the car park of a block of flats all day. Next to a main road.....

didn't think I'd need the trap but when I got there it was in the middle of the undergrowth (OK it was only a 4ft strip of bushes but they were BIG bushy bushes with prickles......).

Link to CatChat