Author Topic: You must remember us!  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: You must remember us!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 08:32:59 AM »
Well I tend to remember places that I've trapped cats in and sometimes specific kittens who have had exceptional problems, such as little Princess from 2007 whose eyes where completely glued shut with the flu when we picked her up and within hours of starving to death.  :( I remember her, despite her being black, because even the vet was amazed we pulled her through.  :)

But asking someone who fosters kittens if they remember a black one is a bit like asking Mr Delmonte if he remembers planting a peach tree.  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 08:19:08 AM »
So familiar Julie and one of the reasons I give my rescues such outrageous names  :rofl: so hard to remember the people especially when you`ve been doing it for 20 years.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 08:13:06 AM »
:-) I tend to remember cats more than people!! IT can be nice to have an unexpected update on a foster though, even when it is embarrasing cos you can't quite remember who they are at first.
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
You must remember us!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 22:22:56 PM »
This is one only other rescuers/fosterers will understand.  :sneaky:

Tonight while wandering up the ailses in Tescos, I was flagged down by a young couple. They knew me very well... I didn't have a clue who they were. :tired: A full five minutes of me being polite and saying yes and no, I figure they must have taken one of my kittens.  :sneaky:

Eventually it dawns on them I don't quite remember them or the kitten they had from me.  :shify: They say to me... "You must remember Sparkie. He was one of the two black kittens you had up for rehoming".  :tired:  :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat