Author Topic: Fostering cats in the cheshire area  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Fostering cats in the cheshire area
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
Can't speak for other rescues Helly, but this time of year is horrific. Many fosterers or cat workers are away on holiday themselves, which leaves the rest of the organisation doing double workload. With us, all new fosterers need to be visited and 'inducted' into procedures. Sort of like a little day school.  :evillaugh: Then they need to be equipped with stuff... food, hygiene equipment, some carriers and basic meds. If they are to have a pen in their garden, that pen needs to be purchased and built and hooked to electric. The list goes on...  :Crazy:

So while on the whole rescues are desperate for fosterers, they do take time and finances to set up. Sometimes, as it is with us from time to time, we struggle to find the money to finance a new fosterer. Sometimes we can't spare the time to properly introduce one.  :tired:

I am sure someone will get back to you and scoop you up when the dust settles.  ;) :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 10:30:21 AM »
it's such a pity when offers to help seem to go unacknowledged

but I suspect it's a vicious circle - the busier rescues get the less time there is to check phone messages and e-mails :(
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline HellyB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:51:12 AM »
Still no joy on this have left messages on answering phones but no one has got back to me.  There must be cats out there that need fostering somewhere in the cheshire area?

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 15:47:55 PM »
have a look at the catchat site - links below. They have lists of rescue by area.

Offline HellyB

• Adult Cat
Fostering cats in the cheshire area
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 13:45:22 PM »
Im thinking of starting to foster cats i live in the cheshire area can anyone give me any info on this ie where to join etc.  Thanks

Link to CatChat