Author Topic: LONG OVERDUE NOAH UPDATE AND PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 49378 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: LONG OVERDUE NOAH UPDATE AND PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2009, 09:03:37 AM »
Having not shown much interest in the Turbo Track since the first couple of days, Noah has learned how to push the balls over the hills! Seemed a bit flummoxed pushing them under tho ...  He does play a lot in the night so must have been practicing! :)  Just ordered Da Bird, fur attachment, straights for the Turbo Track and a honeysuckle squirrel from the Purrs shop.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:19:22 AM by Fire Fox »
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2009, 22:58:19 PM »
so Noah wees where he shouldn't and is rewarded with a new toy :shify:

let's hope he doesn't make the connection :evillaugh:

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2009, 22:55:02 PM »
Yes this sounds right and I now have a lovley new big bed but Ducha still steals my pillow and Franta also pops up and down and lies on it the other side , just as with the old bed.....sigh

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2009, 22:42:02 PM »
I now have a regular furry visitor on and off all night, sleeping between my feet or behind my knees rather than on the wide open space beside me! :Luv: Might be because my side of the heated blanket is on all night setting and the other side isn't? Also had our first (hopefully last) wee out of the tray when very bad slave did not clean the tray quickly enough. :censored: Have ordered a Dragonfly toy as penance; next purchase to be a second litter tray!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2009, 21:10:07 PM »
:rofl: It's great to hear Noah's steady progress towards his rightful dominant place  ;)
...yes, soon he will discover how soft and comfortable pillows are :evillaugh:

Especially the one you lie on  :rofl:

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2009, 21:08:13 PM »
:rofl: It's great to hear Noah's steady progress towards his rightful dominant place  ;)
...yes, soon he will discover how soft and comfortable pillows are :evillaugh:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2009, 19:41:59 PM »
how sad to think that all these endearing new things he is doing will be driving you nuts in a few more weeks :evillaugh:

:rofl:

It's great to hear Noah's steady progress towards his rightful dominant place  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2009, 19:40:38 PM »
awwww bless him, he sounds to be really settling in  :Luv2: :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2009, 18:38:49 PM »
how sad to think that all these endearing new things he is doing will be driving you nuts in a few more weeks :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2009, 18:19:35 PM »
Oh Firefox - you have indeed "arrived."   You are now, a proper Meowmy.  Never will your bed be quite the same again.....  :rofl: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2009, 16:45:06 PM »
Fab news! Looks like he has found his true bed at last!  :naughty: :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2009, 12:55:26 PM »
More progress to report! This morning while it was still dark  >:( I received my first furry visitor! Noah stayed on my bed for two and a half hours, we had a cuddle and then he settled down by my legs. I say 'settled' but actually he was intermittently having a very thorough wash and pouncing on the appliqued ribbons on my duvet cover!! :rofl: Last night he played football for ages with a ball of tin foil.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2009, 18:25:04 PM »
So glad he has taken to the chicken wings, my lot wont entertain them!  :tired:

He sound's like a real character!  :Luv2: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2009, 17:31:44 PM »
 :evillaugh: :rofl:  He sounds well happy!  :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2009, 23:48:54 PM »
noah sounds a lovely terror  ;D

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2009, 22:17:54 PM »
Awwwwww, i'm so pleased that Noah is coming along so nicely and has his forever home  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2009, 20:58:46 PM »
You may have read on another thread that my little experiment with a chicken wing was a resounding success! He purred loudly before I'd even got it into his bowl and then promptly devoured it. As Noah much preferred to eat raw meat on my cream rug rather than the washable laminate, I folded the rug in two. Very funny solo play this evening, sticking his head inside the two halves of the rug and pouncing on nothing along the rolled edge! :rofl: I think a chicken wing might just be the thing to keep him still long enough for a photo opportunity ...
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2009, 12:14:09 PM »
Aw! What fun he is having....So glad this lad has landed on his paws with such a loving, attentive meowmy!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2009, 22:00:32 PM »
Bless him! What a a big brave boy he's turning out to be  :Luv:  I personally think the Purrs shop is a no brainer - the best toys, good prices, very reasonable p & p charges (determined by weight of order), quick deliveries and best of all every penny profit goes to help cats less fortunate than ours  :)

Will have to let Tan know about MSE so she can see where the extra revenue is probably coming from!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2009, 21:55:21 PM »
Mousie is a mouse of many talents, he can be dragged, flown, flicked... It's much smaller than you'd imagine and I have no idea what it is about him but both of mine literally go crazy for him. 

The fur attachment doesn't really do it for my two, it gets a 6/10 compared to Da Mouse which is 11/10. 

I had a spare da mouse in my make up case for ages, one day a week or so ago Riley was on the bed and spotted him and was desparately trying to get him.  I hid him and carried on doing my make up but for a week after Riley was obsessed with the make up case as he was looking for Mr Mouse.  He even started chewing the corner of the case to try and get him - it's one of those metal flight case type things!  :doh:

It's made out of a brush type material and is teeny but very attractive to cats apparently!

:rofl: Cats are so funny! Noah just chased around after the laser pointer, and as he cornered on the rug he caught the (fire) door which is propped open with a huge rubber wedge. The door started to close and Noah's back end leapt in the air. Instead of scooting off in fright as I expected he crouched low and stared at the wedge with his head on one side, then started patting it with one paw!! :Luv:

I am not the only one recommending Purrs shop on MSE, but I do keep posting links to or recommending YouTube to see how the toys work. Once you have seen the Turbo Track or Da Bird you are going to want one!!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 21:55:50 PM by Fire Fox »
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2009, 21:45:07 PM »
I am recommending Purrs shop regularly on the MSE forums, as the customer service is very good and the toys unique in the UK!

Tan will have you struck off Purrs for trying to drive her into the ground  :evillaugh: She said a few days ago that shop orders had gone 'ballistic' and it's probably thanks to the good recommendations on MSE as that site has a mahoosive following!

Seriously though,  :thanks: for the positive recommendations  :hug: The more toys that are sold the more dosh goes to cat rescues ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2009, 21:00:11 PM »
Mousie is a mouse of many talents, he can be dragged, flown, flicked... It's much smaller than you'd imagine and I have no idea what it is about him but both of mine literally go crazy for him. 

The fur attachment doesn't really do it for my two, it gets a 6/10 compared to Da Mouse which is 11/10. 

I had a spare da mouse in my make up case for ages, one day a week or so ago Riley was on the bed and spotted him and was desparately trying to get him.  I hid him and carried on doing my make up but for a week after Riley was obsessed with the make up case as he was looking for Mr Mouse.  He even started chewing the corner of the case to try and get him - it's one of those metal flight case type things!  :doh:

It's made out of a brush type material and is teeny but very attractive to cats apparently!

Here's Lukey after having captured him  :naughty:

Has Mr Mousie possessed him?  :Crazy:

Riley straining like a pit bull terrier!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2009, 20:41:37 PM »
Yes mousie, you just pull along the floor but his fur is a bit rough and wasnt sure it would be good for Noahs paws...but as you know there are so many oother toys and definately unique to the UK  ;D

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2009, 20:36:23 PM »
Sounds like it's all going well  ;D If you're getting Da Bird and pole then you  MUST (yes - bold, italic AND underline) get a 'Da Mouse' attachment, my boys go mental for it!

:rofl:
I thought about Da Mouse as Noah has a mouse very similar that he likes to bat around, but thought I might get the furry tail-like attachment instead as it would be softer? Do you just pull Da Mouse along the floor? Whatever I order next, it's unlikely that this will be my last Purrs shop purchase!! I have my eye on the Rattle Pongs and also some straight extensions to the Turbo Track. I am recommending Purrs shop regularly on the MSE forums, as the customer service is very good and the toys unique in the UK!
Lulu's Catbook

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2009, 20:24:08 PM »
Could da mousie be a bit small for his paws?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2009, 19:33:55 PM »
Sounds like it's all going well  ;D If you're getting Da Bird and pole then you  MUST (yes - bold, italic AND underline) get a 'Da Mouse' attachment, my boys go mental for it!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2009, 19:31:07 PM »
Just to think this little lad feels like playing again after what he'd been through is an absolute tonic!  ;D  Can't wait to see the piccies.  ;) :evillaugh:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2009, 18:57:34 PM »
Hi all! Noah is now playing more but still not for long each time: this afternoon he was chasing in circles and pouncing on nothing which was very funny! His foster mum says she has never seen him do that, I think it's because he has a big open space to play in. He has been naughty for the first time trying to scratch on one of my oak doors, and miaowed at me when I told him off. :Luv2: Noah has two cardboard scratch boxes that he uses daily but maybe he needs something vertical as well?

He is interested in the Turbo Track but I haven't seen him play with it much, tho I am sure he does overnight! As soon as I get paid I am ordering Da Bird from Purrs shop and also this Dragonfly toy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V99Ln1pLUtM&feature=related
I need my best friend to come over so she can take pictures while we play: it's just impossible to get a non-blurry action shot with a mobile phone in one hand and a toy in the other!
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2009, 14:32:38 PM »
How's everything going with Noah FF? All great progress I hope!  ;D :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2009, 16:50:34 PM »
He sounds like he's settling in just fine  :Luv:  :Luv2:

Don't count your chickens yet with worktops though  :shify:  I thought I was onto a winner with Poot, until he learned what they were exactly 2 months after he came to live with us  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2009, 16:05:04 PM »
he sounds pretty settled!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2009, 16:03:49 PM »
Hiya!

Noah remains largely superglued to the sofa but as of yesterday was given access to the rest of the flat. He has explored over multiple forays, returning regularly as if to check that everything was ok - very cute! Unfortunately if I attempt to follow him for a photo-opportunity he hightails it back in to the living area. :-: He didn't sleep with me last night, and was upset for a couple of hours this morning after I vacuumed so there is still lots of work to be done. He's started to play in short bursts, both with me and solo which is funny to watch - he has a felt fish that he hugs with his front paws and kicks with his back legs! :) Noah is absolutely adorable, very affectionate and well behaved - doesn't attempt to go onto the kitchen worktops or scratch anything other than his scratching box: all in all I am a very lucky slave!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 16:05:41 PM by Fire Fox »
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2009, 13:23:58 PM »
Hope the gorgeous man is becoming more confident as the days go by!  :Luv2: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2009, 19:44:44 PM »
Pictures can wait, Noah is the most important thing right now  :hug:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2009, 19:43:32 PM »
Apologies to all for the absence of pictures. Noah has graduated from the storage unit to sitting beside me on the sofa most of the day, which is lovely but no good for photos as he is effectively camoflaged! :rofl: The few times he has been off the sofa he has been very camera shy, and even retreated under the sofa again for a brief period this evening. I've also noticed Noah has a 'safe zone' which doesn't include the kitchen end of the room so have moved his feeding bowl up to encourage him to explore.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »
Hehe - good luck with the camera!

Great news about how he's getting on! Don't worry about the crying at night, my Katie does is sometimes and when we first got her we thought she was crying through distress or something, but every time we went through to comfort her, she was playing with her mouse so we think that she's almost singing to herself and is happy  :Luv2:

J xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2009, 11:05:35 AM »
Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it's OK if when you post pictures, I can use some of them in the next newsletter for the branch as he has SO many fans waiting to hear how he's getting on!

Give him lots of hugs from us all here at Adel CP - we love you Noah!

J xxx

Yes of course you can use any photographs - today's mission is to work out how to use my digital camera and upload pictures (not very technical  :-[).

We had lots of cuddles and purring yesterday, but Noah seemed too distracted by new sights and sounds to want to play much. He did briefly retreat under the sofa when I opened the windows for a bit of air - not impressed by bus engines, a dog barking, the clock tower chiming or a group of men shouting! But he emerged quickly after each fright and seems to enjoy watching the world go by. I *think* I was awoken at 4am by miaowing, but when I came out to Noah he was on the sofa and didn't appear to be distressed at all. A little more :Luv: before I went back to bed: not sure whether he was bored, lonely, hungry or cold ... seems fine this morning.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 11:09:53 AM by Fire Fox »
Lulu's Catbook

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2009, 20:37:15 PM »
 :evillaugh:  His favourite mouse had moved eh?  Wonder how that happened.....   :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2009, 18:52:47 PM »
He will be bossing you around in no time  ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2009, 17:21:55 PM »
Awwww, it will be like he's lived with you forever in no time at all  :hug:  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Link to CatChat