Author Topic: LONG OVERDUE NOAH UPDATE AND PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 49379 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: LONG OVERDUE NOAH UPDATE AND PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2010, 15:48:49 PM »
Spammer.... ;) I'm kidding, people should see the amazing work the rescues on Purrs do. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2010, 13:51:23 PM »
Call me a spammer if you will - have posted this on a nother thread but the difference in this boy is just amazing  ;D

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,30920.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2009, 01:18:29 AM »
My card reader takes most sort of memory cards and was from an online shop and about £8 I think. my new camera uses sd cards too and it takes them, bought 2gb cards and a lot less than ruths from same online shop.......send me a pm if you want the addy  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2009, 23:30:45 PM »
I got a 2 gig memory card for mine from Tesco's for a tenner, the memory card reader's I get are from the pound shop....Any probs putting pics on etc. give out a holla....Loads on here to offer help!  ;)

Also in the member's only sects there is a sub sect for any Tech and/or pc probs.....Anything can be asked in there with ref to gaining pc knowledge....We have our resident brain on hand most of the time!  :hug:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 23:34:22 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2009, 18:03:19 PM »
If you get a digital camera they use memory cards and except for Sony ones -most cards are very cheap now.
I got a new camera out of my catalogue ( not overly expensive - its a panasonic one ) - it uses sd cards and they are only around £6 -i was suprised as the fuji i had used to be double that and more.
The fuji is so old now i can''t find any memory cards for it as it doesn''t take all the new formats !

I am not that good -but with a card reader its so easy it does it for you .
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 18:04:05 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2009, 17:09:16 PM »
I am such a technophobe!! :innocent: I really am being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century ... Not long bought a new flat screen TV which no less than three (slightly inebriated) people failed to cable up to my DVD player AND failed to connect wirelessly to my poor old laptop! This weekend I have raided my savings and ordered a shiny new laptop, landline and fixed broadband, which I probably won't be able to fathom either. :-[ I *think* the new laptop has a memory card slot, but as I don't actually own a memory card this is probably not such a big deal ...

Surprisingly I am completely au fait with online shopping.  :rofl:

:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2009, 14:54:47 PM »
You need a card reader Firefox and they dont cost much, under a £10. They have a lead that goes into a USB socket on your lappy or pc and the upload is instant from the camera card thro the card reader.  ;D

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2009, 14:21:01 PM »
Hey hun!!!

Yep, if your dad can email them straight to me, I can pop them onto Youtube and re-size the pics for you! My CP email is homeacat@gmail.com

I'm not sure whether Ruth's done the newsletter, but it can always be added in!

Hugs xxxxxxxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2009, 12:31:10 PM »
Update .... dad been over today and has taken a load of photos and two videos of Noah playing!! ;D I will get over to my parents mid week to sort through the photos and upload the video onto YouTube (no idea how to do that??). It's so frustrating, I don't have a slot on my laptop for the camera's memory card and don't think my mobile broadband is good enough for him to e-mail them to me!!  :-[

If Jen from Adel CP reads this, I can ask my Dad to e-mail the whole lot to you before mid-week if time is of the essence for the newsletter? Otherwise if you PM me your e-mail address I will send something through in the week?
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2009, 14:08:32 PM »
we needddddddddddd some pics pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  ;D

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2009, 02:04:25 AM »
Tosker does all that with a catnip mouse, and growls at the same time - it's great to see how their instincts are still alive and literally kicking when they are indoors

I enjoy it too - love seeing Noah eat raw meat, and love seeing him play! :naughty: I forgot I'd ordered the crinkle tunnel and got carried away with a kitty kopter, fur rattle pong, sparkler attachment and flashing ball in the Purrs shop! :rofl: I am definitely planning on getting Da Mousey when we have exhausted Da Bird (already well chewed) and Da Furry a bit.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2009, 12:44:26 PM »
Tosker does all that with a catnip mouse, and growls at the same time - it's great to see how their instincts are still alive and literally kicking when they are indoors
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2009, 00:32:58 AM »
Noah has two new toys - the tassel on my new cushion which he appears to be slightly scared of :scared: and slaps down with one paw, and the label on my spare duvet which happens to be trailing on the floor so has been flicked, pulled at and pounced on!  :Crazy: He is currently engaged in 'killing' his valerian cigar - first the usual bunny kicking, but they biting and shaking his head which I have never seen him do before ...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 00:39:41 AM by Fire Fox »
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2009, 23:34:08 PM »
Da Furry wasn't a hit with Lu & Riley but Da Mouse most certainly is  ;D There's actually two in the auction now as Christine has put one in too  ;D There's an aquarium DVD too  ;)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2009, 23:27:04 PM »
We have Da Furry attachment but I am sure you are right we NEED Da Mousey too! :hug: Didn't see one in the auction so I will pop across and check it out ... I also have my beady eyes on a Bugs DVD!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 23:27:40 PM by Fire Fox »
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2009, 17:32:12 PM »
Now he's got the hang of Da Bird you NEED a Da Mouse. There's one in the auction if you're interested  ;)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2009, 17:28:52 PM »
Once Noah overcame his fear of Da Bird we had some serious skids on the laminate and mid-air acrobatics that wouldn't look out of place at the olympics!! :evillaugh: I am having as much fun choosing stuff as Noah is test-driving them - we have a crinkle tunnel on order plus a 'big mouth fish' being shipped from Australia (!). Will also need a kitty kopter, replacement feathers for Da Bird, a sparkler attachment ...

Jen I really will try to get myself into gear.  :-[
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2009, 15:38:12 PM »
Yay! How sweet, your birthday and Noah gets the prezzie!  :evillaugh: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2009, 12:17:02 PM »
Hey, happy birthday Firefox!   :cake4: :birthday 1: :birthday:

Hope Noah gets the hang of Da Bird  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2009, 11:55:57 AM »
Happy Birthday hun!!!!!!!!

The Winter newsletter for the branch is being done in the next couple of weeks and so pics would be really appreicated, but if not, I may copy some of the responses here so that people know Noah will be spending this Christmas being spolit rotton instead of in the snow last year!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2009, 11:37:42 AM »
:birthday:

Firefox :wow:

Hope you have a great day  :) The boys insisted on throwing a mini party held in your honour  :)

You wait til Noah gets his confidence with Da Bird - I bet he'll be flying around after it  ;D

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2009, 11:32:17 AM »
Tan's timing is excellent: Da Bird arrived this morning, on my birthday! :wow: Also received a valerian cigar which has been thoroughly bunny-kicked! Sadly Noah appears to be more scared of Da Bird than anything, only batting with a paw from the safety of under the sofa. And my sitting room has the distinct smell of sick  :sick: tho I can't work out where it is coming from ...
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2009, 09:55:20 AM »
Hi,  i've PM'd you

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2009, 09:29:49 AM »
Hi Shirley - which branch of CP are you near?

You're right that they need neutering asap and trapping if they've not had any contact... let us know where you are and perhaps we can try and sort something from this end x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2009, 18:09:04 PM »
I don't know why i was surprised, really!

My ex's mom and dad have a mom and kittens in their neighbours garden at the mo and when she rang the RSPCA she was told 'as long as mom is feeding the babies, they'll be ok'!!! That was in August and they're still there. I've also phoned CP and a local rescue, no joy. I appreciate everywhere is full, but they need trapping and neutering or there'll be more than a mom and 2 kittens to sort out!

And yes, Noah is adorable xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2009, 17:18:51 PM »
Unbelieveable how the RSPCA ignored the calls!!!

Sadly it isn't unbelievable as we hear stories like it all the time where the RSPCA just aren't interested.

We had a case a couple of years ago where a cat was at a vet with a broken pelvis after being in an RTA. The vet had called them and they mentioned max £60 which obviously isn't enough to treat broken bones. He phoned our branch (CP) and Sharon agreed to take the cat on. The vet (Companion Care in PAH, Canterbury) were very good and said they would only charge us for the expensive metalwork they had to order in and would do all surgery for free  :)

We often hear of people reporting strays, even pregnant ones and they are usually told not to feed them and they will go away  >:( - which is the opposite of our advice which is to check the cat is being fed and try to help.

Anyway, Noah is a special boy  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 17:19:33 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2009, 15:58:49 PM »
Thank goodness for that wonderful vet and yourselves! That poor creature must've been in agony! 12 weeks in the vets!!!!! Unbelieveable how the RSPCA ignored the calls!!!
He's one very lucky boy! Hope he's continuing to do well! xx      :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
Hey Firefox - SO glad about the news and also thanks for the reference for PAH grant  :hug:

Shirley - it was our CP branch here in Adel (Leeds) that found Noah one frosty morning back in March. The RSPCA had been called 3 times but not responded and so our intrepid trappers went off to find a 'sick looking' cat in a council estate in Leeds.

Well as you can see from the pics, what she found was a filty mass of urine and poo soaked fur, cowering in a bin shed in a lady's home. He stunk to high heaven and we just didn't know whether he'd make it (in fact we really did think it would be a one way trip to the vets for Noah)

His paws suffer from a condition that makes them swell and burst if left untreated (perfectly fine if care is taken and a steroid injection given at the first signs of any trouble)

I have to say that although the branch cared for Noah, it was really the WONDFERFUL vets at Baildon that got him better. He was in the vets for around 12 weeks and they didn't charge us full price (a god send!) and took such amazing care of him. They are the ones who gave him a chance and when we though PTS might be the best course, they said they thought he had a chance of pulling through.

Honestly, all at the branch are so fond of Noah and he's got quite a following on here! Forefox is the best owner we could have ever hoped for for him and we're thrilled he's (gently!) landed on his paws!

Jen xxxx

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2009, 16:02:52 PM »
I've only just seen this thread about the stunning Noah and the 'before and after' photos! OMG what on earth had happened to the poor little man?
Whoever it was that got him from before to after should be so proud of themseleves! Just wonderful!

So glad he's found a loving furrever home x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2009, 16:18:58 PM »
I don't believe Noah is doing well at all - I think he's looking so rough Firefox daren't post any photos of him ;)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2009, 15:25:57 PM »
a great update (I won't moan about pics - I'm not one to talk!!)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2009, 15:10:52 PM »
Noah sounds to be doing great!  :Luv:

So he does!  :Luv2:

Adding the pressure (In your own time of course!  :naughty::pic: :print: :rules: :heeee heeee:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2009, 06:57:42 AM »
Hmmmm.  It does sound like he's doing well.  Prob'ly looks like he's doing well too.  Sigh.....   :waiting:  Batteries should be about charged by now?  :evillaugh:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2009, 06:37:43 AM »
Noah sounds to be doing great!  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2009, 00:46:42 AM »
Sorry but I blame you  :rofl: :rofl:

You should check everythiung out before you let men get involved  :rofl: :rofl:

I have a need to see Noah, I cant remeber what he looks like......its just not good enough  :shify: :shify:

He sounds like he is doing really well  ;D

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2009, 00:12:07 AM »
*waits to get told off for not supplying photos* I know I know, you can blame my dad ... we had Noah, we had Dragonfly toy :sneaky: we had technowhiz brother plus digital camera .... but we did not have charged batteries.  >:( I swear the photos are jinxed!

But I will update anyway! I was marvelling the other day with Noah asleep on my lap how settled he is in just six weeks or so. He has met my aunt then my best friend, then my parents AND brother all in one go without disappearing under the sofa or nipping anyone! Noah is turning into quite the chatterbox, and is especially noisy first thing when he wants feeding - if miaowing sat in the doorway doesn't work then headbutting and purring in my ear rarely fails. :naughty:

Noah goes wild for the Original Dragonfly, leaping and pouncing for ten minutes without licking his legs as he's done before. His fosterer thought this might be sensitivity in his paws after too much activity so I don't play too long in any one session but, having read the behaviour guides, I wonder if some was frustration as he was mostly playing with the laser toy? Can't wait for Da Bird to arrive - we also have Da Furry attachment, will get Da Mousey and Kitty Kopter next time as they come so highly recommended.

I am, of course, ecstatic with my enslavement and like to think Noah is getting quite attached to me too, as he gets quite stroppy if I am busy about the flat rather that sitting cuddling! :Luv: It's a mystery to me how such an affectionate and beautiful boy ended up on the streets and a further mystery how, in such a state, he survived that awful snow to be rescued by the wonderful Adel CP.

The final sentence is a genuine message from Noah himself to you all as he just stepped on the laptop!  :rofl:
 mmmmmmmmmmnm
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 00:13:08 AM by Fire Fox »
Lulu's Catbook

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2009, 15:59:14 PM »
Isn't it lovely to hear how his confidence is growing bit by bit.  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2009, 15:46:52 PM »
What a lucky boy Noah is, his Christmas has certainly came early in more ways than one!  :Luv2: :hug:

It definitely has  ;D  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2009, 14:32:52 PM »
What a lucky boy Noah is, his Christmas has certainly came early in more ways than one!  :Luv2: :hug:

Link to CatChat