Author Topic: Poor poor Noah - graphic pics: BUT HAPPY ENDING!  (Read 44857 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Poor poor Noah - graphic pics
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 00:02:28 AM »
You mean to say he could actually walk with feet that bad?  :Crazy: :'( Are they open wounds or overgrown callases?

The poor, poor mite.  :( But I am sure they'll be a race to adopt him.  :Luv:

Nothing surprises me about the RSPCA. They still haven't visited the suffering cat I reported 2 weeks ago. Somebody, somewhere in the media must surely pick up on all this failure of duty and expose them.  :scared:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 23:03:24 PM »
The poor poor baby ... I am so happy that you have caught him and he is getting, treatment, love and the chance of a forever home when he is better.

In a way I'm pleased the R**** didn't managed to catch him as we all know how they would have treated him ...  they would have justified it by saying "it was the kindest thing to do for the cat!" He probably wouldn't have even made it to the vet just be "dealt with" in the back of their van  >:(

God bless you and your team for helping this special little boy and I'm sending lots and lots of love and get well son vibes for Noah  :hug:

:get well:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Felix Felicis

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 21:57:40 PM »
Poor little Noah, hope you get well fast   :Luv2:
He looks lovely under all the mess, sending lots of love and big hugs  :hug:

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 21:37:38 PM »
The R**** are shameful sometimes, so very lucky for this little one that you managed to get him instead. His paws look shockingly painful.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 19:21:07 PM »
Poor little sod  :'( is there a collection for his vet care?

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 16:25:04 PM »
Yes well we're putting together an evidence file and writing to them and to our HQ as well to show them what we're really up against (sometimes we read the Cat magazine which CP supporters get and it paints a more happy picture than what we're actually facing).

I think the RSPCA's excuse was that Noah was so timid that they said to contact them when the lady had caught him. We went staight round with our experienced trapper and got him straight away... we origionally thought that we would have to PTS, but our wonderful vets knew deep down that he'd turn it around and they were right! We take all our trapping cases there and they really are amazing!

I'll keep you all updated on his progress!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 15:38:00 PM »
Poor little baby, he is safe now. :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 15:16:07 PM »
Poor littel Noah!  :Luv2: I'm glad he's going to be getting the treatment he needs for his poor little paws, what he must have been suffering.  >:(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 15:09:13 PM »
Oh my god, i have never seen anything like this before - poor poor, little boy- it looks incredibly painful.
I am so pleased you have him and he will be well looked after now till his forever home.
He looks such a love too  :Luv2: :Luv2:.
I totally agree with this from dabs - pepole need to know more about the RSPCA - They are total  :censored: :censored: :censored: with their policies -yet they are always sending out letters asking for donations - well, i rather give my donation to better cat charities that actually help !

I am horrified at Noah's suffering and that the RSPCA allowed it to happem, I thought they were to relieve the suffering of animails not contirbute to it!  :censored:

I am afraid that if that was me, it would be graphic pictures and a stern letter of complaint to the top bod, If no joy there, then the local press, The sooner the public wake up to the fact that the RSPCA are a waste of space the better.

I would love to hear thier excuses on this one! Grrr.

But at least he is safe now and knows some warmth and comfort.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 15:09:36 PM by bunglycat »

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 13:29:46 PM »
OMG... that poor poor baby.  So pleased to hear though that it is treatable and that he will be ok :Luv2:  he will be such a lovely boy when he is well again.

Good luck with the treatment and give little NOah some extra :hug: from all of us here.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 13:13:51 PM »
Oh Noah  :(

Words fail me  :'(

Just so glad that he is safe with you now

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 12:50:59 PM »
I am horrified at Noah's suffering and that the RSPCA allowed it to happem, I thought they were to relieve the suffering of animails not contirbute to it!  :censored:

I am afraid that if that was me, it would be graphic pictures and a stern letter of complaint to the top bod, If no joy there, then the local press, The sooner the public wake up to the fact that the RSPCA are a waste of space the better.

I would love to hear thier excuses on this one! Grrr.

But at least he is safe now and knows some warmth and comfort.
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 11:21:14 AM »
Oh the poor baby  :( :hug:  His poor paws must hurt.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 11:13:45 AM »
I have never seen anything like that before  :'(

poor little baby  :'(

Thank goodness you have him now, it doesnt surprise me with the RSPCA...they are a waste of space sometimes !!

So with medication will his paws heal and not get like that again ?

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 11:10:41 AM »
We have a feral called Rogue with this he has always limped and we had a biopsy done last year as we thought it was cancer as did our vets but it came back as plasmacytic pododermatitis

This is treatable with steroids, unusally Rogue currently only has this in one pad and it cleared its seld up - if comes back periodically always accompanied by a limp

Rogue is no where near as bad as Noah but the condition is treatable with steroids and creams.  Rogus is still indoor/outdoor but whn he starts limping we ground him for a week

I'm sure now is good care Noah will come on in leaps and bounds he is a cutie for sure  :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 11:00:10 AM »
Noah is a babe! (I called a cat Noah last year when I took him and his littermate; Jinx off a free site and temporarily cared for them.They both live a good life with my cousin now and are spoilt rotten!)

Please keep us updated - he looks a sweetie!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 10:51:16 AM »
So glad you guys got to this little one.

I'm sure you'll find a happy home for him in no time!

:hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 10:45:50 AM »
Poor baby. It is so heartbreaking that cats can suffer like this and "people" don't seem to have a scrap of humanity in them to help  :( - I'm sure he will be right in no time but my heart is breaking for what he and others like him have to suffer  :'(

Is it this? - plasma cell pododermatitis? - http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_plasma_cell_pododermatitis.html

On the bright side is they say cats are rarely in pain - although with raw wounds it must hurt?  :'(

I hate the RSPCA - they are useless and collect money under false pretences that should be going to charities that actually help animals!  >:(
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:57:03 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »
JUst spoken to someone who's dealt with Noah - It's actually a virus that causes this problem and someone on the estate has been trying to catch his, but he was in so much pain and terrified. The R**** had been called 3 times and hadn't done anything (and would have PTS anyway).

He had to be bathed under anasthetic but as soon as we put him into a pen with a warm bed and food he just could not stop purring and hasn't stopped since! He'll be in the vets for another 2 weeks whilst we get the steroids started and he may have to have an operation to remove some excess skin. They'll always be tender and may leave sopts of blood occasionally, but it's totally manageable.

His FeLV and FIV came back negative and so it looks like this is his only issue... we'll just wait and see!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 10:39:44 AM »
Its strange, when I was fostering I managed not to get too atached to any of my little "guests".  That was 20 years ago .... Now I seem to be much less detached.  And Im only seeing pictures and reading the cats stories.....

We have our two rescued "oldies" Chloe and Mr T and I suppose if desperate we could take in more but Im sure Chloe and Mr T would prefer us not to.  They dont seem very keen on the one or two visitors we have had.

I do wish Noah all the love he deserves and hope his forever-home isnt too long in coming :) :Luv2:
People Power Works!!!

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 10:34:58 AM »
Oh the poor poor sweetheart...i've just dried my floods of tears, to think what he has had to bear.... :'( :'(

Just asked Z (whos scowling at my crying from his seat next to me)if he wants a 4th member of the casa koscha rabble, Noah is adorable.  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 10:30:07 AM »
Oh my word, the poor little love  :( I have heard of the paws problem but never seen it and the case I heard of did heal eventually.  I'm sure he won't be waiting long for a home
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 10:27:55 AM »
That poor, poor baby, thank god he was found when he was, and he will now get all the love and treatment he needs. I do hope he isn't waiting too long for a home, and that he recovers quickly.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 10:26:06 AM »
It's a very rare illness, but it is treatable (for the life of me the name escapes me!) We have had a cat with the same illness a little while ago but it wasn't nearly so advanced as Noah's case.

They will heal given time and lots of tlc and he'll always have to have a nice, softy carpetted home, but if he's like the other cat he should make a full recovery. His fur will hopefully go back to white given time. We're in it for the long haul with this one, but actually he'll probably be re-homed quite quickly as we get so many indoor homes and also people like me who's heartstrings get pulled x

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 10:20:14 AM »
he made me cry  :(.  poor little boy
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:14:54 AM »
That poor, poor little cat :'(  He looks so sad.  Waht a fortunate thing for him that he has you to care for him.   :hug: :hug: to him and to you.  I fear he is going to be a cat who "haunts" me for a while ..... Can his paws be helped?  Ive never seen or heard of anything like that before.   :'(  Please let us know how he gets on......
People Power Works!!!

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:14:10 AM »
Oh my god, that poor little baby. What a brave little man. WELL DONE for giving him another chance

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Poor poor Noah - graphic pics: BUT HAPPY ENDING!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 10:07:13 AM »
Well this little scrap is Noah, found on an estate (one we're very familiar with), the R**** 'couldn't help' and so we were called in.... we're collecting evidence for a case as we think there are other cats in the area suffering, but it's so hard to prove...

This is Noah when he first came in... there is some white fur under there somewhere!

Cleaned up a bit...

His burst paws... he'll always need an indoor home becuase of illness which causes his paw pads to burst - he's been out in the cold for God knows how long - can you imagine the pain he's been in?

He's showing himself to be a little sweetie who we thought would have to be PTS as we thought he was feral, but once he had some tuna and pilchards he was purring away!!!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 15:17:45 PM by Christine (Blip) »

Link to CatChat