Author Topic: NOT HAPPY, AGAIN  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: NOT HAPPY, AGAIN
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 19:09:59 PM »
I have to say one thing....

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hope you get your carrier back Ela

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 16:33:01 PM »
Ela, I would say I'm far from materialistic. Books are not only knowledge givers, they are story tellers and someone has taken time to weave a wonderful tale for people. I class them as entirely different to other objects.

I agree with you though - taking the carrier is an appalling way to behave.

Mark, I just feel that there's absolutely no point going over old ground with that one - it will get everyone riled and won't get the cage back, causing attention to be drawn back to the person in question. And let's face it, that's all they wanted anyway. ;) So why do it?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 22:46:40 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 15:45:03 PM »
To me my possessions are not important.  But when someone has something that belongs to a charity it is a different matter as I did not pay for it, having said that over any year I do pay for loads but that is a different story.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 15:44:13 PM »
I remember someone losing a cage on loan to a former member of purrs?   - I don't think it was ever returned

Mark don't even go there  ;D, some of us have long memories, don't we Leslie?

Very long memories, but very, very good friend on Purrs. :Luv2:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 15:28:35 PM »
Books are classed as quite important in our house. We never through them away and will only give themaway if we know they're going to be kept not binned!

Finally! A kindred spirit. People don't understand why I don't lend mine, why I pay a fortune to take them with me whenever I move, why I don't feel the house is complete without them all out there, on display (I don't care if some see this as clutter, that is their perception) and where I can run my fingers over their spines, remember the stories and the things that were happening in my life when I read them the first time, and the joy they have given me since!! I hate parting with books and will only do so to a good home!

That is so like me with my books especially as i have quite a few signed copies - kept in a glass bookcase seperately from the others that i read over and over again.
I love my books !!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 15:17:47 PM »
Hmmmm....I think we ought to move away from this one, Mark. Sadly, there are people that are so ensconced in other parts of their life they overlook things like borrowed items from other people, or rescues.

Tough - not returning is as good as stealing. Especially when people are reminded. I don't see why rescues should accept losses. These things have to be replaced at the expense of vet bills, medications etc. Theft is theft. I would be speaking to the police personally. If someone had a genuine reason to overlook, fair enough  but a genuine reason to me would have to be serious illness or death.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 15:07:37 PM »
Books are classed as quite important in our house. We never throw them away and will only give them away if we know they're going to be kept not binned!

Finally! A kindred spirit. People don't understand why I don't lend mine, why I pay a fortune to take them with me whenever I move, why I don't feel the house is complete without them all out there, on display (I don't care if some see this as clutter, that is their perception) and where I can run my fingers over their spines, remember the stories and the things that were happening in my life when I read them the first time, and the joy they have given me since!! I hate parting with books and will only do so to a good home!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 16:29:53 PM by JackSpratt »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 14:56:02 PM »
Hmmmm....I think we ought to move away from this one, Mark. Sadly, there are people that are so ensconced in other parts of their life they overlook things like borrowed items from other people, or rescues.

I lent somene a book (years ago now) by one of my favourite authors at the time, and when I asked him for it back months later he just said "oh, I've lost it" and looked at me like that was enough of an explanation. Surfice to say, I never lent him a book again! (Books are classed as quite important in our house. We never throw them away and will only give them away if we know they're going to be kept not binned!)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 16:29:25 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 12:35:13 PM »
Still, with her new life in her big house in London her uncle left her and being so happy now, how could you expect her to think of a trifle like a much needed kitten cage?  :tired:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 12:21:16 PM »
I remember someone losing a cage on loan to a former member of purrs?   - I don't think it was ever returned

Mark don't even go there  ;D, some of us have long memories, don't we Leslie?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 10:58:44 AM »
I remember someone losing a cage on loan to a former member of purrs?  :shify: - I don't think it was ever returned.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 16:30:00 PM »
We actually have loads but it is the principal and the fact that if everyone did it would would soon not have any.

Damn right Ela. It's a philosophy I share too. There is way too little responsibility and honesty today and I will make damn sure that people know they CANNOT pull that type of c**p around me. Here endeth the lesson *spouts an evil grin*

it's bad enough when they pull this with me, but to do it to a charity, grrrrrrr, send 'em my way.... they'll leave with thier heads spinning.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 15:45:07 PM »
o add insult to injury - you would think they would be grateful to get their cat back 

Quite right, The shop closes in 15 mins and it is not there yet. What I may do is ring next week and say I will collect, it is very near Lidl and also Stuart has to go down their road to collect some cones (traffic cones he has stored). I should not have to collect but am determind to get it back. We actually have loads but it is the principal and the fact that if everyone did it would would soon not have any.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 15:07:51 PM »
To add insult to injury - you would think they would be grateful to get their cat back  >:(

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 14:35:22 PM »
just sounds like they were fobbing you off and maybe hoping you'd let it go but they thought wrong  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 14:19:47 PM »
Fair enough, I just got the impression they didn't sound like they were planning on returning it. Hopefully they will. Not nice to lie either way though.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 13:49:03 PM »
ggrrrr! Why do people steal from charities!!! 

To be fair I would not say stealing, but not returning something ASAP that is rightfully ours and then lying.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
ggrrrr! Why do people steal from charities!!!  :censored:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
NOT HAPPY, AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:41:53 AM »
A few months ago someone found a cat on a car park in town, we had absolutely nowhere to put it (nothing new there then) but the finder said she would take it home with her. She came and borrowed a cat carrier and off she went. A few days later I received a call from someone who had lost a cat and I just though that maybe the cat in the care park could be theirs as in my brain (yes I do have a small one) I worked out that it would be quite easy to get from its home to the car park. Just across a few streets, allotments etc. It ws the cat so the finder gave the cat back in my carrier and asked if the owner could get the carrier to me.  I was advised that the carrier would be taken to the shop for me to pick up ASAP. Since that time I have rang a few times and always told a different story, Mother at doctors (late on a Saturday afternoon) daughter will take it tomorrow Oh! Hasn’t my daughter  took it yet I thought she had. I will take it tomorrow I have heard numerous times. On Thursday I was advised Oh! I thought my daughter had taken it , I will definitely take it tomorrow. (as we know tomorrow does not come:). Today I rang and said I know you will hate me but when will you take my cat basket to the shop please, she said I thought my daughter had taken it. I said no and I heard the daughter in the background say I left it outside the shop, I said ‘did I hear right that it was left outside the shop as if that is the case someone would have taken it’, she replied, yes. I think my voice raised a few decibels and mum said to daughter did you really take it and leave it outside the shop and the daughter said ‘no I didn’t take it’. I was then advised that mum would take it today. So I just replied that If it is not there soon I would be sending her a bill, mind you that will not do much good, will it?

Link to CatChat