Author Topic: PLEASE PHONE STOP RINGING.  (Read 1564 times)

Offline likabu

• Adult Cat
Re: PLEASE PHONE STOP RINGING.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »
Welcome to the Autumn season.

Kittens and young cats abandoned as the novelty wears off/ kids back at school/ kittens couldn't be sold.

And on top of that the 'I've been feeding a stray all summer and it now wants to come into the house/it's getting too cold outside for it/my cats don't like it/ it's broken it's leg - can you come and fetch it'  calls.

Neuter, Neuter, Neuter - and did I forgt NEUTER!!!!

:'( It's terrible.

The mobile CPL van was outside my local Pets at Home yesterday with big banners advertising free neutering vouchers.  It had been advertised in the local newspaper throughout the week aswell.  I sat in my car for over 25 minutes waiting for my Nan and they didn't have a single person go over to them  :(.

Lisa

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 21:49:15 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you Ela. September always seems to be a bad month, I always find a lot of people emigrate in September too.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 13:33:44 PM »
And on top of that the 'I've been feeding a stray all summer and it now wants to come into the house

I just dread the morning of the first frost as I know what kind of calls I will be getting. If only they had found out my number when they first thought the cat a stray, by then it would have either found its owner or gone on to find  another loving (hopefully) owner.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 08:56:01 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 13:24:39 PM »
Welcome to the Autumn season.

Kittens and young cats abandoned as the novelty wears off/ kids back at school/ kittens couldn't be sold.

And on top of that the 'I've been feeding a stray all summer and it now wants to come into the house/it's getting too cold outside for it/my cats don't like it/ it's broken it's leg - can you come and fetch it'  calls.

Neuter, Neuter, Neuter - and did I forgt NEUTER!!!!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
PLEASE PHONE STOP RINGING.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:36:09 PM »
Since 8.10 this morning it has rung and rung. I have lost count of the number of cats and kittens that have been found in various car parks or walked into peoples homes. Total nightmare. Fortunately all but two callers have been reasonable and will help us until we can do something. As if we haven’t enough cat baskets Donna even had to buy another as she was already in town but had to go to a cat park to pick one kitten up. Just now another has been found wondering in a car park that is off a very busy road and  is used by the football crowd that are starting to arrive. Fortunately although that caller is going to the match she will now take it home and we will talk later when she gets back from the match.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Link to CatChat