Author Topic: Wasting my bloody time again  (Read 1913 times)

MBll

Re: Wasting my bloody time again
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 17:32:47 PM »
Awww dawn thats the worst part of rescue work ...dealing with the MORRONS.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Wasting my bloody time again
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:36:37 AM »
seems that most of the stuff that goes on it down to people being idiots rather than anything else - I can't understand why anyone would want a tom cat spraying everywhere and finding homes for kittens has got to be a pain - good luck DD

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Wasting my bloody time again
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 00:29:45 AM »
Had a phone call today about a mum and kittens that someone had found in their shed.  Apparently 3 cats had been dumped by previous owner, 2 females and a male unspayed/unneutered, usual scenario  >:(  >:(  Anyway, this lovely lady has taken in these babes, initially wanted me to take them and then her daughter has decided she wants to take the mum and a kitten when old enough and give them a home.  I reluctantly went along with this on the proviso, the mum is spayed as soon as she's up to being done.  I was a little dubious as the mum has a tom which is unneutered but apparently the daughter is very clued up on cat welfare  :tired:  The agreement now is, that once the babies are 8 weeks, I will take the remainder of them and the daughter will take the mum and other baby.  I went down to see her today to drop some kitten food off and also to collar another neighbour who has taken in the other female who has also given birth.  He knew I was going and decided to disappear before I got there  >:(  >:(  I'm quite concerned about this neighbour though as he is telling everyone the kittens will be ready to go when they are 6 weeks old and I still don't know what he has planned for the mum cat  :tired:  The unneutered tom sadly hasn't been taken in by anyone, so that was the other reason I wanted to go round there to see if I could get hold of him.  When I went to the guys house, the stench of tom cats was  :sick: so there's no way his cats are done either , I just hope he's keeping them away from the mum cat otherwise she's going to be up the tub again in no time.  I was  :censored: off to say the least that he'd disappeared before I got there, wasting my time and my fuel when I was up to my eyes in it today  >:(  It means now, I will have to have another journey over there in the hope I can talk some sense into him.  I've told the woman to book her tom into the vets to get him neutered, and I'll sort a voucher out for her, and I did see a couple of other unneutered toms on the same road today that need sorting, obviously owned but by who  :tired:  Why are we dealing with idiots all the time  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 00:31:26 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat