Author Topic: Loving home needed for Willow and Smudge (currently in Bradford)  (Read 9025 times)

Offline julie10270

• Adult Cat
Re: Loving home needed for Willow and Smudge (currently in Bradford)
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 10:36:27 AM »
Ive tried the slow introductions, kept the kittens in a seperate bedroom which I still do on a night.
I lock them away in their bedroom at about 10pm to give our 2 existing cats a bit of a breather without them.
The first few weeks Cookie would venture down when the kittens had gone to bed but now she doesnt.  She just hunches up on the bedroom window sill, hisses & spits at anything or anyone that dares enter the room.  Its very upsetting seeing her like this.
I keep hoping that today will be the day that she realises that theyre not so bad and gives up being a little grump........but no such luck.

She has always been quite a fiesty cat, although very loving she can have her grumpy moments. Especially if trying to be flea'd or given a tablet (which is a no no.... even the vet has to get a nurse to help him when he has to see to her!)

I have sought advice from Wizz in the hopes that she may recommend something we could do to ease things along, or make life easier for Cookie, but sadly even Wizz said it looks like she isnt going to accept them. 

The kittens are so sweet. They are becoming the most affectionate little kits i've ever had.
Willow the grey one is absolutely stunning, and Smudge is very very cute....she is petite, quite scrawny and looks like a cartoon kitten!

Cats Protection said they will take the kits back into their care once a space becomes available but I would rather keep them until someone comes forward with a home for them.
I want them to go straight to a new home from here rather to a fosterers where they may end up being for weeks, months, possibly years even??
I couldnt bear the thought that they may end up living their lives in a room, not when they have had the freedom of the whole house to run around in.
I am still re-homing them through CPL so that they can do the home visits etc.....

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 10:05:56 AM »
By the way, welcome to Purrs and sorry it is under such difficult circumstances. As you say, you have a responsibility to your resident cats to ensure they are not unhappy. I was wondering if you have tried keeping the kittens separate from your resident cats so that they have a chance to get to know each other 'under the door' so to speak. There are a few good hints and tips on getting new cats introduced into the existing family on this site which you might like to read through. Here's the link:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=4789.0

Obviously if you have tried all of these options and still no success, you may have to rehome the new kittens, but it seems a pity to do that if you have not tried out all the options. ((((((Hugs)))))) on whatever you decided to do. :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 10:09:39 AM by blackcat »

Offline julie10270

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 10:01:37 AM »
thanks for the advice.

I only put my e-mail address on as recommended by the posting "Best way to post re a cat that needs rehoming so we can help all we can" on this forum.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 09:51:07 AM »
Hi Julie, it is really not a good idea to post your personal contact details on the forum. Please go back into that post and delete your email address. If forum members want to contact you they can send you a message through the Private Message facility. If you then want to give them your contact details you can do it that way. This forum can be read by anyone, in fact we have 12 guests on line at present. Any one of these people can be trolls or other undesirables who will add you to spam lists or whatever...

Offline julie10270

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 09:46:25 AM »
Please PM this member or contact via profile.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 10:02:39 AM by julie10270 »

Offline julie10270

• Adult Cat
Loving home needed for Willow and Smudge (currently in Bradford)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 09:42:55 AM »
Hi,

I have two female 15 week old, vaccinated, very playful and affectionate kittens that need to be rehomed together as they are inseparable.
They are not yet neutered due to their age.

I cannot keep them as one of my existing cats hates them and just will not accept them.
My cat Cookie is becoming increasingly withdrawn and her personality is changing each day that passes. She has turned from being a loving cat to one that hisses, spits, growls and goes for the kittens, our other cat and us. She does not want anything to do with us and just hunches up on the window sill behind the curtain in the bedroom.
We have had them for 7 weeks now and there is no improvement in Cookie, quite the opposite. She seems to be on a downward spiral.
I need to find them a home asap for Cookie's sake as she just isnt happy anymore.

I have no choice but to find new homes for the 2 babies.  Im heartbroken about it as I adore these kittens.

They are currently advertised on the Cats Protection (Adel Branch, Leeds) website, so if you would like to give these 2 beautiful little kits a good loving home please let me know and I can give you any details you require, unless you contact Cats Protection directly on: Offering a Home: 0113 2610694 ext: 1

Please please let there be someone who would like to offer them a home?

Willow is a stunning little grey and Smudge is a petite, sweet natured black/white.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat