Author Topic: Thundercats!  (Read 1536 times)

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
Re: Thundercats!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 00:23:23 AM »
Silvie hates thunder and fireworks, she hides behind the settee until its over. November is a horrible month for her :(

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 20:46:29 PM »
My friend has a greyhound, one of three, who is terrified of thunder - among other things!

Cleo was deaf, so she didn't notice things like thunder. Alf tends to look at us, he relaxes once he sees that we are not worried.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 19:46:00 PM »
Oh, and my friend has a German shepherd who reacts like your dog, she hides in the cupboard under the stairs, poor thing!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 19:43:46 PM »
Not really, they glance up & that's about it! They are OK with fireworks too, but jump sometimes for the really loud single bangs.

You can get a calming spray called 'Pet remedy' its for dogs, cats, horses, rabbits & rodents. All the ingredients are natural & it has an immediate effect. It's about £14 at pets at home, but you can get a smaller bottle online.

I've never had dogs, but our neighbours do. Some things can drive them mad barking, while my moggies are chilling! Especially when the owners are out.
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Rebecca

• Adult Cat
    • R M Portraits
Thundercats!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 16:38:44 PM »
The thunder storm we have just had was something else! My dog is hiding under my desk, shaking and dribbling. I don't remember any of my much missed cats doing this. A Burmese Blue used to climb up my legs when there were fireworks but was not bothered by thunder. Does anyone's cat fret?
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mohandas Gandhi

http://rmportraits.co.uk/

Link to CatChat