Lost & Found Cats > Sorted Lost and Found cats

One of my ginger boys is missing - we're devastated - home now!

(1/3) > >>

Gill (sneakiefeline):
So pleased he is home  ;D

Mice are not even the slighest bit clever, they are stooooooooooopid and Lupin will agree  :innocent:

Sue P (Paddysmum):
Aw Jo - I suspect it's not a case that you didn't bond with them - you were just afraid to open your heart in case it felt like you were being disloyal to Tipsy.  Now, you know (if ever you really doubted it) that you do love these two little furbabes who've joined you.   :)

When Ross was a nipper (rather than the grand old age of 16 months like wot he is now, we used to get him to come to the sound of a dog whistle.  Now however he just ignores that.   :evillaugh:

The two of ours were sat under my car last night where a small field mouse had taken refuge.  The pair of them came in around an hour later with the filthiest dirtiest front paws I ever did see.    :shify: I leave you to draw your own conclusions (as did I) but I do hope the little mouse was too clever for them   :doh:

Jo43:
I have never felt such relief and this was 2 wee cats we got 6 weeks ago and I didn't bond with cause I was still grieving for my sweet Tipsy.  Funny how you become attached.  I am going to take your advice and only let them out when we're around supervised.  He is still nervous and he is only coming out at night when my 6 year old has gone to bed.  He doesn't seem to like children and noises, our house is not quiet!

Sam (Fussy_Furball):
I agree with everything Sue said.  My lot are all allowed out when I'm around.  If I'm at work they are in (usually sound asleep) and they are all kept in at night.

I have always trained my lot from a very young age to come when they are called ... they all come to the kissey squeaky noise I make.   When they were young I would call them and make sure they actually came into the house .. they would get a little treat and then be allowed to go straight out again if they wanted.  This way they got used to coming to the call and to coming into the house ... it's no good them coming but running off the second you go to pick them up lol.

If I don't see them for an hour or so they are called so I know where they are.

I'm so pleased your ginger ninja is back home safe and well  :hug:

Sue P (Paddysmum):

Am so very relieved for you all, Jo.  I know only too well how it is when cats go missing, having lost two without trace, and one to an RTA.   :hug: :hug:

Our ginger boy disappeared for more than a day, the other day, and like you we were devastated.  Thankfully, he too showed up the following night.   

I suspect in this instance, your little lad took fright and went to ground somewhere until he felt it was safe to come out.  The good thing is, he didnt go far, and he had the sense to come home and to show his face when a familiar family memebr was out looking for him.  I think you can take huge comfort from that, as it sounds like your little lad has some strong common sense.   :hug:

I thoroughly empathise with your dilemma - our last but one cat lived until he was 20, and we only knew one instance where he stayed away from home overnight in all that time.  Then we had Mac, and we lost him to an RTA at just coming up to a year old.  If you choose to let your cats out (and I say that as one who does, even though I'd really rather keep them as indoors, or with a properly cat proofed garden) then it's a risk you have to accept, although to be honest, I think as you say, yours just got a fright, and didnt feel confident enough to show himself once the initial fuss died down.  The fact he didn't go far, and was able to make his way back to safety is a very big plus point.

My OH reacted just as yours did.  So sending a hug for him too, as no doubt his nerves were in shreds.   :hug: :hug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version