Cat Rescue & Rehoming > Rescue & Rehoming General

News flashes on forum for needy cats

<< < (2/9) > >>

Tan:
Any cats for the news flash page?  ;D

Gill (sneakiefeline):
 :welcome: Lorraine

I am so pleased you are looking round Purrs cos we are very proud of it.

The items you have sound lovely and the best place for them is probably our auction but as the others have told you, we have just had that.

I have always held out against having two auctions a year for many reasons, but basically time and money and not wanting to detract from the Christmas one.

I will have a think about your items and see what we can do  ;D

The forum opened on 15 Nov 06 and as Tan said it was meant to be a temporary place of residence but no longer , we are here to stay but are a sister site of Cat Chat where all the original 250 people came from.

We do rehome quite a few cats here  but nothing on the scale of Cat Chat and we have a section for cats who were rehomed from here after being advertised.

The shop.....have you seen our shop  :innocent:  Thats run by Tan and we have some fabulush toys in there including the best one in the world........da bird  ;D

Any profit from the shop goes into our Rescue Fund adminstered by Tan and think there is a pay out due from it soon  :innocent:

We also have another special fund called  Busters Fund named after the Late President of Paws Inn, one of our supported rescues, yes Buster was a cat  ;D  This is used for very special things as decided by Tan......she is the accountant LOL. We also have a draw every month where money goes to one of the rescues and also to one of the members, called Save a Life Draw, it has its own section in the place you are trying to get to  :shify: :shify:

We support rescues that have been scrutinized by Tan and I and we have a limit on the number we support and have four indepent rescues who benefit from the auction  , which raises around £2000 now. Oh and then there is the Cat Show finishing on Midsummers Day....that was meant tio be a one off LOL but comes back by popular demand and again money goes to our rescues.

Purrs has become so much more than was envisaged when we started and its a thriving community of people who love cats and dont think there is such a nice cat forum anywhere else  ;D

I do hope you enjoy it here  ;D

Tan:
 :welcome: Hi Lorraine  ;D

Great to have ya with us :)

That's so lovely of you and we would be so very glad of any items donated to help us raise funds for cat rescue :)

We hold an annual auction near Xmas as Julie has said  ;D which would be great place for your items. Each auction goes to a independant rescue each year and the funds help them to help more cats in need :)  We do have various things going on in the year which Gill is in charge of  ;D to raise more money for the rescues and maybe we can do something extra with your wonderful donationed items  ;D

I like to think of Purrs (and it is and always will be my goal as the owner of the site) to be able to help as many needy rescue cats & Cat rescues as possible, to support cat lovers with friendship and advice.   We have a great cat community, always like to keep it friendly where any cat lover can come for advice, support and just cat chatting to like minded people. This is great and as just as important as our rescue support side as the more we have in our community the more suscess and funds we can raise for the needy cats  ;D
I was and still amazed how Purrs has grown over the years (lol, it was meant to be a temp site back in 2006 after catchat's forum had a break) We have grown and grown and now have a fantastic membership with our own online shop.  ;D

In future, i hope to make Purrs a registered charity so will will be able to have gift aid on our donations and be part of Missionfish etc  ;D

Pinkbear (Julie):
Hi Lorraine!  :welcome:

Purrs isn't primarily a rescue forum, it's more a forum of cat lovers to share stories, information and support other cat owners. Purrs does support rescue work through a number of incentives but that's not the main aim of this site. Some members (like me) are volunteers for different rescues but others are simply ordinary cat owners with no links to rescues.  ;)

It's hard to say how many cats have been adopted via this forum but we have had great success in forging networks between different rescues and areas, which has resorted in better distribution of resources. So more cats have been helped and more rescue places better utilised.  :wow:

From time to time we do have different fundraising activities and the takings are shared around the different rescues which have representatives here. For example, just before Christmas is the annual auction where people can donate stuff for sale. Items are donated by individuals as well as companies and the auction seems to grow in popularity each year. You will see the most recent auction section which was in aid of Sunny Harbour cat rescue. We do also have an ongoing fund which raises money through the Purrs shop, the operating profits are also distributed between worthy causes or emergency appeals which come up from time to time.  :)

I am fairly sure Purrs does have an Ebay Missionfish account going but Gill or Tan would know more about that. Anyway, that would be the best way to raise money via goods donated.  :naughty:

I'm sure Gill will tell you more but I was around and spotted your post and thought I'd chip in.  :evillaugh:

Lorraine Twyman:
Hi Gill
I am looking over the forum here and although new I am finding this a fantastic place with lots of good work here.

How long has this been going for and how many cats are rescued through this forum?

Also I dont know if this is the place to ask - but how will I donate things for fund raising.
I import Swarovski crystal and make cat collars - I would like to donate a kitten collar and a cat collar to raise funds and also maybe a silver plated swarovski bracelet and ankle chain?
Let me know
Lorraine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version