Author Topic: funny tastes for a cat?  (Read 4112 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: funny tastes for a cat?
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 08:59:53 AM »
As of yesterday, I've discovered that Poot would eat fudge, if I let him!  He was going mental trying to get at it, for some bizaare reason  :Crazy:  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 16:44:50 PM »
I've not noticed anything else that Rajah likes other than his cat food although he does like to bite the bread or rolls through the plastic, but give him a piece of bread and he's not interested.  He will also take or leave chicken, turned up his nose completely at shrimp, although to be fair it was marinated in thai curry paste.  :sick:
Pam

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 15:32:45 PM »
A few weeks ago, I was eating some Sainsbury's wine gums and Kylie was poking her nose around. I thought I would let her sniff one so she would leave me alone. She sniffed, then licked and carried on licking for a couple of minutes until I took it away from her  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 13:44:09 PM »
Dear, departed, Uncle M would eat everything and anything with the rare exception (tomato was about the only thing he wouldn't eat). He was another one who was fond of popadums (and prawn crackers). The Munchkin isn't one for hooman food (other than chicken) though he does love the shredded duck from local chinese.

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »
Years ago, a friend got two ckittens from a farm cat litter - one of them went bonkers for raw cabbage, loved it, as well as other veggies!   

Molly's a fussy bug'r and doesn't have any peculiar tastes (drat) - but she  likes BBQ spare ribs from the Chinese - it's one dinner I know that the both of us look forward to settling down to in front of the TV together.   :evillaugh:

She also loves mashed potatoes and gravy, and yes, I have been known to waste some 'crackers' spread with Philadelphia cheese - just so she gets to lick the cheese off the cracker. :Crazy:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 19:38:49 PM »
Amber has pretty sensible tastes but Chilli will eat most human food. She particularly likes potatoes and peppers, but only if cooked.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 15:15:43 PM »
My lovely tabby, Sebastian (passed away some years ago) used to love poppadoms, so much so that when I told our local curry house, they used to give me a doggy catty bag to take home for him :)

Milo would love it if our curry house did that, Milo adores poppadoms, he will drag the bread basket off the table to get to them.

He also eats, muffins, yogurts, biscuits, pretty much anything.

Jess is a lot more selective.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 15:16:05 PM by Leanne »

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 14:17:53 PM »
Honey likes toast - but she doesnt mind if the bread isnt toasted yet, she will whip it out the toaster before I've had a chance to toast it  :evillaugh:

And what about Joe and the baked beans  :evillaugh:

(I'm sure I posted this last night :Crazy: unless I didn't click post)

So Gillian gets Toast,  Baked Beans and Tomato Soup cooked for her !,   I am V jealous,  all I get in the morning is a paw round the head and a get up Mum noise from all 10 of them !

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 07:03:18 AM »
Honey likes toast - but she doesnt mind if the bread isnt toasted yet, she will whip it out the toaster before I've had a chance to toast it  :evillaugh:

And what about Joe and the baked beans  :evillaugh:

(I'm sure I posted this last night :Crazy: unless I didn't click post)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 22:36:10 PM »
Dont believe all you read,poor Honey is forced to give Gillian breakfast in bed each day  :rofl:

LOL! you sussed it Teresa - and I don't really mind that the edges of the bread are nibbled a bit before it gets to me - its the way the butter looks so incredibly smooth that worries me!   :evillaugh:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 21:46:39 PM »
Little Girl (rip) loved rasins... and would attempt to take fingers off to get them.

Penguin loves anything salty, crips, peanuts etc but he will taste test everything given a chance. Oh and bread is not able to be seen by Penguin, he'll either eat through the bag to get to the bread or he'll pee on it.

Strawberry full fat yogurt is a fave with Lirael & Gizmo. Smoke loves ham but not bacon.

One of the bunch did taste test a batch of cheese cakes I made ;)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 21:21:04 PM »

Dont believe all you read,poor Honey is forced to give Gillian breakfast in bed each day  :rofl:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 19:31:58 PM »

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 19:17:11 PM »
Ahhh yes I have a cheesecake fan here.

Sweet Cinnamon porridge - yes it's already flavoured, and is delicious. I get mine from Sainsburys, but it's available in Tesco too.  :wow: ..... http://www.ocado.com/catalog/images-hires/49471011_H.jpg?identifier=0d9473fce9be2ff1e3a3ea8912d9dac6

Or you could just do regular porridge and add a couple of spoons of cinnamon sugar, available from Waitrose. It's also delicious  :) http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Cooks-Ingredients-Fairtrade-Cinnamon-Sugar-Waitrose/43241011?parentContainer=SEARCHcinnamon%20sugar

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 19:02:19 PM »
Belle looooves custard, Meeko loves cheesecake and mayonnaise, other 2 don't have any odd tastes that I can think of

Den, where do you get sweet cinnamon porridge? Is it already flavoured?

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 18:29:53 PM »
Yogurt, blueberry muffin, custard, cream (squirty only), salad cream, tartare sauce, cherry and vanilla cake, pickled onion monster munch, caramalised onion houmous, porridge (specifically sweet cinnamon flavour), ice cream, dog food (boy, does he love that!), hay, dog hair, rabbit hair, toe nail clippings.

I have a slighty odd cat  :scared: he also likes all fresh seafood except Tuna .. Yet he will eat Tuna flavoured cat food.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 18:13:18 PM »
I remember last may when we were having a new kitchen fitted all Our stuff was in the living room in boxes etc, i got Up one morning to find a half chewed Battenburg cake! It was Pippin as she has also been caught stealing a blueberry muffin! Patch loves yoghurt and will not leave u alone whilst your trying to eat one! xx

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 18:10:37 PM »
My lovely tabby, Sebastian (passed away some years ago) used to love poppadoms, so much so that when I told our local curry house, they used to give me a doggy catty bag to take home for him :)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 17:34:21 PM »
When I got Amber she removed the spare rib bones from the bin after a chinese meal (they now go straight out to the bin just in case) and she seems to like any chinese food.
Dad used to try and give Mogs the end of his sandwich she soon persuaded him that dry bread wasnt her idea of fun (shes not his dog) and she would rather have his prawns and he could eat the dry bread. Being a push over thats exactly what he did  :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 17:05:24 PM »
Poot loves poached egg, sweetcorn, peas, toast and marmite, you name it, if I'm eating it, he wants it - he doesn't always get it mind you  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 15:56:04 PM »
All sorts of odd tastes with our lot,  Daisy loves Marshmallows,   Ruby Red Loves Salad and Vegtables,   Ripley loves Papadoms,    Teabag has a right obession with bread and Gracie Dirty Face goes mad if she hears you crak an egg open,  she is all over you until she gets some.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 15:51:37 PM »
If we make cornoil cupcakes Mia goes crazy - we give the the wrappers all over the living room floor as she pulls them out of the bin to slobber over  :rofl:

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
funny tastes for a cat?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 14:43:32 PM »
Rajah has developed a really strange love of late.  Fruit cake, can you believe, is top on his lists of must eats, and he will guzzle every crumb of my raisiny, curranty, datey home made fruit cake if I am not careful.  However, no-one else in the family will touch it apart from him and i, so suppose I should take it as a compliment.

What strange things do your cats eat?
Pam

Link to CatChat