Author Topic: Cat Fights  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Re: Cat Fights
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 14:44:41 PM »
Is the new cat neutered ?,  if not that will probably be the main cause of him being so nasty.   If he is neutered it sounds like a case of 'top cat' where this new cat is fighting for his rank in the group of cats,  it sounds like he wants to be top cat and the others are not too keen.  I dont know what you can do other than what you have suggested and that is calmly talking to you neighbour and explaining the situation to her,  you shouldnt have to put up with vet bills like that if it is her cat that is the agreesive one.   Hope it works out OK  :hug:

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
Cat Fights
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 14:38:57 PM »
A few months ago our next door neighbour got a Lodger, and with her she bought 3 cats.  we live in a small close and there are now at least a dozen cats within the close so the territory is a bit crowded!  All the cats have always got on though and theres never been any problems.  Shes recently started letting her cats out and her tom cat Zeus is, frankly, vile.  Hes regulary seen attacking other cats, he sh*ts on the decking outside our front door  >:(  and has so far cost us over £200 in vet bills from attacking my 2 lads.  My poor Harry has got a really nasty puncture wound on his tail and is in agony.

I realise theres not alot I she can do but I was planning on knocking on the door this evening and (calmly) explaining the situation to her.  Is there anything she can do to stop his behaviour because I'm afraid if he attacks either of my boys again my patience may run out and she'll be getting the vet bills through her door!

I just can't understand why all the cats got on before (and of the dozen cats at leats half of them are neutered toms) and now this one cat is really upsetting the apple cart.

Link to CatChat