Author Topic: Baby fur to Adult fur - and teeth?  (Read 1185 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Baby fur to Adult fur - and teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 14:37:49 PM »
Skye is about 7 months, and we got he when she was 5 months, so I guess she's probably got her adult teeth by now - In a way I'm a little dissapointed, I have to confess I'm just crazy enough to want to keep a little baby-cat fang... :-[ :evillaugh: Mind you, they do still look a lot like baby-teeth. I guess they are like people - there's an approximate age-range when teeth come through, but it's a little different for everyone. I'll hold out for that cute little baby-fang :evillaugh:
She's a real wooly-bear with her fur, so not sure what her adult coat will be like. Riley stayed very smooth-furred throughout, only difference now is that it feels a little thicker and denser. If Skye's coat gets any thicker, she really will look like a little bear! :rofl:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 15:28:06 PM »
I noticed my kittens' fur changing a couple of months ago - they're 9 months old now. Less like fluff and more like proper hair.

I've only ever found one tooth and that was a good 4 months ago now I'd say.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:55:24 AM »
I have been noticing lately the touch of Oliver's fur (he is 7 months and half old) was getting more "manly" and less kittenish fuzzy wuzzy that his was earlier.  Probably it happened while he was shedding a lot during the autumn. 

The only tooth change I noticed was over a month ago when one fell out while he was attacking my ribbon while we were playing.  But lately he is REALLY into chewing on things, especially cardboard boxes, I can only imagine some more teeth changes are on their way!!

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Baby fur to Adult fur - and teeth?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 23:41:21 PM »
At about what age do kittens go from their "baby fur" to their adult fur? I can't recall when Riley did this, because there seemed to be very little perceptible change. Skye's coat is halfway between a british blue and a chinchilla, in thickness and texure, so don't know if there will be a big change or not. Just curious as to around when it happens, I suppose!
Also - Riley only seemed to lose two baby teeth around 8 months, so I'm guessing he already had most of his adult teeth, but Skye's still look like baby teeth (though she is quite a small cat, and likely to stay that way as she is in proportion, unlike Riley at her age, who was all ears and feet!) - when will she start losing them (she's almost 7 months), or has she done so already?

Link to CatChat