Author Topic: I am a cruel and wicked dad  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: I am a cruel and wicked dad
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 18:18:12 PM »
She seems to have recovered although she was damp for some time  :shy:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 18:18:53 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 14:54:54 PM »
:no no: scarying Alice  :P

Hope she poops in your shoe in retribution  :evillaugh: (not really but you know what I mean)  :rofl:

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 14:52:30 PM »
Me too. Former cat (Uncle M) was very hard of hearing towards the end of his life and he LOVED the hoover because he could hear it! He'd get out of his chair so I could hoover his cushion and watch very closely in case I missed a bit... Monty Munchkin, on the other hand, hates the hoover with a vengance so I can only hoover when he's out. I usually resort to using the dustpan & brush rather than disturb him.

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 22:09:10 PM »
I tro SO hard to hoover around cats - ie wait until they go out/upstairs/whatever - Alice and Clapton are both terrified. Last fFriday, I ended up sweeping the wood floor in the basement so as not to upset her. This week I had decided I was going to vacuum - I felt a bit mean but it was her choice to run outside into the pouring rain - she could have gone upstairs - I did it as quickly as possible and just went out to bring in one drowned rat cat - I feel like such a meanie  :shy:

What a wee shame!!   :evillaugh:

We really spoil our cats don't we?  I've seen me not hoover a certain room if my 2 boys are asleep in the room  :Crazy:  I know who's in charge in my house.....and it ain't me!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 21:10:05 PM »
Meanie!  Jaffa and Mosi both hate the hoover and hide in the bedroom as soon as I bring it out.  They sit on the windowsill in there.  If I go into the bedroom they will tolerate it as long as it doesn't go too near them.  I always make sure they're awake though as I can't bring myself to start it up when they're asleep!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 10:27:32 AM »
It depends on Charlie's mood (and he is very moody!) Sometimes he will run away and others he hits it

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 10:16:39 AM »
My lot all just head for the hills as soon as they see the hoover appear.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 09:32:48 AM »
oh dear, poor scaredy of the hoover cats  :scared:

thankfully Schui is deaf and I just hoover round him whilst he sleeps through it, Byron will move, slowly, I don't think she's that bothered
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »
Knowing you Mark I am certain that you will make it up to them.  My Smudge was always scared stiff when he heard the dustbin wagon but nothng seems to upset Bonnie apart from fireworks.

Mary  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 16:34:19 PM by maryas »
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 21:56:56 PM »
Ted is scared of the hoover too, he jumped into the blinds and pulled them down the other day. I dont know why he thought he could run through the window lol
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 21:56:07 PM »
One advantage of deaf cats, they are oblivious to me hoovering - Norman is only partially blind, so I think he can see it, but they are both oblivious to the noise.
Please spay your cat

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 21:50:25 PM »
Well, as Dave still refuses to go out properly and me living in a shoe box there's not much waiting till he goes away but I do warn him and show him the vacuum cleaner in the hope he will go to his hiding spot but he never does. Always seems to come as a complete surprise when I turn it on.  :-:

I did feel bad the day I left it plugged in, I've got a little cylinder vacuum with the on/off button on top. Well I was just dropping off to sleep and on it came scaring the crap out of both of us.  :evillaugh:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 21:34:05 PM »
Aww poor Alice and  :naughty: you. You should know cat slaves are not allowed to hoover until instructed to do so  :evillaugh:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I am a cruel and wicked dad
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 21:02:36 PM »
I tro SO hard to hoover around cats - ie wait until they go out/upstairs/whatever - Alice and Clapton are both terrified. Last fFriday, I ended up sweeping the wood floor in the basement so as not to upset her. This week I had decided I was going to vacuum - I felt a bit mean but it was her choice to run outside into the pouring rain - she could have gone upstairs - I did it as quickly as possible and just went out to bring in one drowned rat cat - I feel like such a meanie  :shy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat