Author Topic: My cat has lost some of his hair on his lower tummy  (Read 1866 times)

Offline roxford

• Kitten
Re: My cat has lost some of his hair on his lower tummy
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 17:35:03 PM »
Thanks Ela for the advice, I never knew I had to treat my home too, but going out tonight so I will see if I can buy some of staykill.

Ross

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 10:08:59 AM »
his pinkish skin.

I think a vet check would be prudent just to rule out Ringworm

I assume you do flea and worm his frequently with the good quality products. Also the house will need treating with Staykill or Acclaim
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline roxford

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 20:17:51 PM »
Thanks Rebecca!  ;)

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 20:14:24 PM »
Yes it makes a difference! He's probably got a bit of flea allergy (itchy rash even after the fleas are gone) going on and it's made him overgroom that bit to try to stop the itching. If he seems uncomfortable or it doesn't start getting better soon the vet will be able to help.  :Luv: Hopefully he will be re-furred in time for Christmas!
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline roxford

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 20:12:24 PM »
Hi Rebecca

Yeah it's def a new patch as I would have noticed it before. It is quite a large patch and is quite pink but there is no rash or scabbing. He has been licking it but thought he was just cleaning. He did have fleas up until last week, he is a clean house cat but he must have caught them from my friends visiting who own outside cats. Not sure if this would make a difference?!

:innocent:

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 20:04:24 PM »
Hiya Ross

First, are you sure it's a new bare patch? The reason I ask is that with a cat with a particularly thick or fluffy coat sometimes it comes as a bit of a surprise when you find a nipple - which, of course, doesn't have fur round it!

Does the patch look at all sore, pink or scabby or anything? Have you seen Storm scratching or licking it?

It's probably no major cause for concern - perhaps he got a bit of a snag and yanked a tuft of hair out while grooming or something?

Becca  :)
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline roxford

• Kitten
My cat has lost some of his hair on his lower tummy
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 19:55:13 PM »
Hi Everyone

I'm normally on Cat Chat but here for some advice since the forum is down just now. My two year old male house cat, Storm, has some hair missing from his lower tummy. There is just one patch in which there is no hair and just his pinkish skin. This has just been sudden and I don't think he is acting in any different way than normal.

Any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks,
Ross  :scared:

Link to CatChat