Author Topic: Another vet visit for Pebbles  (Read 21581 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Another vet visit for Pebbles
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2006, 12:17:44 PM »
I think its been a thoroughly bad year for cats and peeps this year.

I have lost two neighbours within 6 months of each other, both died unexpectedly in the night and now all the men are gone up the road.

So many on CC and Purrs have lost cats this year, it makes me so very sad for everyone cos Christmas is often a time with great memories with your best friends.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2006, 09:16:54 AM »
I never look at it like that Ela, as my relief is that they are no longer suffering. I had another shock last night, only went to put the rubbish out, and got collared by one of the neighbours - they are moving on Sat - the wife has cancer and is struggling with the stairs. I havent seen her in a while with being wrapped up with things, and she isn't looking good at all, so another sad thing happening before the end of the year - I have been here for 5 years, and they are only the second people to move.
Thanks Claire, Chris and Witty. I certainly think I am ready for my break, I keep getting the cats names wrong!! They are all going to be sulking by Mon though!!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 09:28:11 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2006, 22:02:22 PM »
So sorry to hear about Pebbles, Des. It is always hard to say goodbye to a much-loved cat and my thoughts go out to you.

Hugs from me and Pearl & Toby send purrs.

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2006, 20:16:02 PM »
Desley, I am so sorry to hear about Pebbles - you two were lucky to have found one another and went through so much together - thinking of you, Chris
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Claire M

• Adult Cat
  • My Beautiful Casper
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2006, 19:04:17 PM »
 :'( Desley just catching up with the forum, I'm gutted to read this, thinking of you and sending you hugs, Claire. x RIP Pebbles, sleep well little one x
Claire M x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2006, 10:16:45 AM »
I understand what you mean Ela. Another of my neighbours just died and I was feeling guilty about being happy about something else.There is no logic to ones feelings sometimes but what Roz saids makes a lot of sense.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2006, 09:17:35 AM »
I just  always feel guilty at feeling relief, although the reasoning for the PTS would have been in the Little one interest and the final act of kindness I can give.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2006, 09:05:59 AM »
Why feel guilty though? If you are ending their pain and suffering, then it is the best thing for them, they shouldn't have to live in pain if there is no chance of relief for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2006, 08:32:47 AM »
In some ways that brings relief. 

You are so right  but then I feel guilty for feeling relief.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2006, 07:31:16 AM »
That does make a lot of sense Roz, I never thought of it that way - but it isn't teh first time I have been soo upset beforehand and then strangely calm afterwards. IT doesn't happen when the decision is made for me though, normally after I have come home from the vet.
Please spay your cat

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2006, 01:18:02 AM »
No, Desley.  It's not that you are feeling all right...it's just the fact that you are no longer stessed and anxious and constantly worrying about poor little Pebbles... In some ways that brings relief.  The decision to pts is the worst possible scenario, and one that you would have avoided at all costs, but once the decision has been made,  the anxiety disappears and you are just left with the enormity of the loss....which can sometimes appear to be subjugated by the inner peace that comes after such heartache and worry.  Some say that this is the brain's way of dealing with the shock ......but is a symptom of grief, nonetheless.

I hope that makes sense...and is not too much of a ramble.

Thinking of you

Lots of love

Roz   
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2006, 22:12:22 PM »
so sorry to hear your sad news Desley. I was so hoping Pebbles would pull through again. The auctions have dominated the threads this past week and I hadn't noticed that dear pebbles was no longer with us. Its the moment none of us wish to think about although the possibility is always there.

RIP little one

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2006, 21:49:00 PM »
Thanks Gill and Gillian. I knew last week that there was no hope with this, I knew deep down, and if I had been wrong, it wouldn't have been long till the next time, there is only so much fighting one kitty can do, and there were subtle signs this time that it was worse than the other stuff we had fought - looking back, I shouldn't have dismissed her no longer coming onto the bed, that was prob the real start of this, not the week we had of her not having a good interest in food - I tend to be all upset from knowing that they dont have long till the letting them go, then I Seem to be fine afterwards, am very odd when it comes to losing cats I think.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2006, 20:03:41 PM »
Dear Desley, so sorry to hear about Pebbles, I hadnt followed the thread these past few days because earlier it had seemed like there was hope, I hadnt figured on coming back to it and finding this news - how sad for you, but Pebbles is free of any pain now at the Bridge.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2006, 19:51:44 PM »
Desley I feel so bad cos I havent been back here cos of the auction till now.

I am so very sorry to hear about Pebbles and wished I had known before. She had such a giant fanclub amongst the CC peeps and we watched all year as she struggled and then came back revitalized after her leg op. I am so sad for you tonight and my thoughts are with you. You know where I am Desley.

RIP Beautiful Pebbles, no more hard times just health and happiness on the Bridge.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 19:52:39 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2006, 22:40:14 PM »
It was the same for Ben with Oral cancer for me. I was so upset but i knew there was no cure and didn't want him suffering. That does help. Ya never stop loving and missing them.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2006, 21:35:12 PM »
Thanks everyone - it is getting easier, just had to do the clean up of the bathroom today, which is never easy. I think what makes it that bit more bearable is when you know they are soo poorly and there is no cure, so while it is sad to lose them, you know that you have done the right thing, and ended their pain and suffering. Just still a bit hard to believe that we have fought so much this year and that we finally came up against hte thing that we couldn't beat, it is the only thing that seems so unfair about it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2006, 17:37:20 PM »
I am so sorry.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2006, 14:23:05 PM »
Desley, I can only imagine how you're feeling at the moment. You did everything you could for Pebbles, and I'm sure she was aware of that fact and appreciated it. ((Hugs))

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2006, 12:13:21 PM »
Oh no - what sad news :(  I was really hoping Pebbles would pull through this one. 

Have fun at the bridge, Pebbles.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2006, 12:05:58 PM »
Oh Des, just catching up on threads and seen this ........ I don't know what to say,  Pebbles fought so hard, but I guess this was one fight to many  :'(

RIP little girl.

All my thoughts are with you, its a sad end to a tough year for you hun, keep strong and you know we're all here for you x

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2006, 10:55:37 AM »
I'm so sorry, Des. You gave Pebbles a good life, the best she could have had, and the best chance, too.

I hope you're OK.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2006, 09:37:15 AM »
Oh my God Des i am so sorry -

I am also so sorry for not keeping up with this thread and so not realizing just how poorly ^Pebbles^ was.

Sending you {{hugs}}

R.I.P dear ^Pebbles^

Michelle xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2006, 09:33:55 AM »
I'm so sorry Des  :'(  :'(  I've been through this a couple of times the last few weeks and it doesn't get any easier  :'(

Big hugs and you know where I am, xxx

RIP Pebbles, sweet dreams babe, xxxx

Offline devilish_ushotmail

• Adult Cat
  • Tom Cat - My Bestest Friend in the Whole World
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
 Des.....Ive just seen.......I dont know what to say :'( 

How are you? Tom and I are thiniong of you :hug:

Rest in peace little Pebbles, you are out of pain now so run free at the Bridge and be happy......you're mummy will always love you as will so many from here and all of your old frineds from CC. You were a very special girl  :Luv:

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »
Des,
I'm lost for words.  Against all odds, I was somehow hoping Pebbles would be getting through this and prove us all wrong again.  She was such a little fighter.
I'm really really sorry for your loss.
RIP little lady.

Hugs to you and Molly.

Chris

Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Offline Eve

• Adult Cat
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2006, 08:58:09 AM »
I am so very very very sorry Desley.... am devastated for you  :( :( :( :(

I know how much time you took to help Pebbles, from the moment she entered your life, you have always done the best for her.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 08:58:56 AM by Eve »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2006, 07:35:10 AM »
Thanks Roz - Shadow wont be staying though, she has been a great comfort, but Molly hates her too much, and I couldn't take on a youngster with all the oldies that still need a home - if I go back up to 2 cats, the 'new' one will be Tiger. I Actually think Molly came into my life to help me through the stuff we have dealt with this year, she has been as good for me as I have for her.
Thanks Tan and Sue.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2006, 07:14:08 AM »
oh Des.  You and Pebbles both fought so hard and so bravely.  You did what you had to, and that's always the hardest thing of all.  Good on yuo for having the strength.  And rest in peace Pebbles, play hard and be happy.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2006, 00:02:22 AM »
Oh Des i am so sorry. She is and always will be part of you and always in your heart and ours. You cared for her so well and gave her so much love and she knew that. You are her angel.
She will be out of pain on the bridge with all our babes having fun now.

Bless you darlin pebbles have fun till we see you again.
Love and lots of hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2006, 22:50:35 PM »
Oh Des, Ginger won't run away from her this time......he will be there to greet her.  Just believe that.
I shall miss her so much myself.  It's just too sad.  Why do all these little characters choose Christmastime to say goodbye?

Perhaps in the light of what you said in your earlier post, that is the reason why Shadow has entered your life...She is still so young but when you take on mostly older cats, sadly, the years of companionship are limited...which is so cruel. (although I realise Pebs wasn't an old cat...bless her).

You know where I am if you need a chat.

Lots of love

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2006, 22:15:17 PM »
Thanks everyone - I didn't do anything special though, just dealt with everything that seemed to be thrown at us, but, as those of you who have had ill cats will know, you know in your heart when you can't fight anymore, and I knew with PEbbles. And there is always this final battle that no one can win - although the vet says she wishes that wasn't the case. IT is always hard to say goodbye, but, as always, I can look back at the good times we had, and that I gave her a good life, however hard she was at times. I am glad that I have been able to share her, and I hope that some of our experiences will help someone else, that would be a very good tribute to her. I somehow think that Ginger will be running away from her when he sees her, she wasn't very nice to him at times.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2006, 21:53:00 PM »
Oh Des I am so so sorry to hear this, I know we had all hoped for a miracle but sadly it wasn't to be. Pebbles was very lucky to have you and you always did your very best for her. She will be running free and well again now at the bridge with all our babes.

RIP Pebbles you were a very brave and special girl.

Take care of yourself Desley

Hugs from me and Dylan xxx

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2006, 20:45:25 PM »
Desley,

I can not tell you how strong you have been through all of this, Pebbles was such a brave girl but was clearly in pain, my love goes out to you.

You know where i am if you need to talk xx

RIP Pebbles your mummy adored you xx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Claire Hirsch

• Adult Cat
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2006, 20:31:16 PM »
Desley I'm so sorry to hear this. You did so much for Pebbles and gave her such a good life. And you've been so generous in sharing her with the rest of us- I've loved reading about her, and feel almost as if I know her. It's so hard to make that final decision, and such a loving act. I think the vet is right: Pebbles does have all her legs, strength, and biting-power back now and is free of her discomfort. But it leaves you feeling sad and lonely, and it is so hard to say goodbye to those we love.
Big hugs to you.
Claire

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2006, 20:18:56 PM »
I am so sorry Desley. I hoped it would be otherwise but you have done the best for Pebbles, as you always have.

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2006, 20:12:11 PM »
Oh no Des, I can't believe our little Pebbles has gone.  I feel as though I have known her for so long.  I am so, so sorry.  I know you did everything anyone could have done for her....and I think the time presents itself when the little loves have had enough. 

To think what she endured this year and then to lose the last battle is just too sad.

R.I.P. Pebbles, darling.  No more battles...just peace and joy. Go run in those sweet pastures beyond and find Ginger...I'm sure he will be waiting for you.

God bless you Desley.

Take care

Lots of love

Roz

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2006, 19:38:47 PM »
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this Des  :( I followed her story on CC and on here when we all moved and have had my fingers crossed for her. At last she's not in any pain now.She will always be grateful to you for everything you did for her and for being brave enough to help her go to peace *big hugs for you*
Sleep well Pebbles. You'll be missed so much by your mum and all of us on here xxxxx
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2006, 19:35:16 PM »
Thanks Helen and Liz - Liz, the last two times it has been the hardest, but both times I have known in advance what I have had to do, and it doens't make it easier to tell the vet. I knew it wouldn't have been better news, it was just too much in such a short space of time - vet said even a tiny tumour could have caused this, and she did admit that although PEbbles seemed to hate her, she liked her and had got attached - mind you, we were there a hell of a lot. Just going to take some time - this time 3 months ago, I had 3 cats, now I have one.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2006, 19:32:05 PM »
Oh Des our thoughts are with you at this sad time I had hoped you and pebbles would have better news.

Another Bridge baby joining this years members, now free from pain and whole again, but always a pawprint in your heart.

Again deepest sympathies to you and your furry family, its always the hardest decision we make and I don't know how you do it nearly broke me with  Holly and then she departed before we could take her.

She was and always will be your Pebbles and a very special lady with cattitude :(
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat