Author Topic: Where does he go  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Where does he go
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 21:08:04 PM »
we are one big happy hairy family  :)

you can count me outta that one  :evillaugh:

ccmacey

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 19:34:43 PM »
Yes the sort of person who thinks a pet is solely for their enjoyment, never taking the animals feelings and needs into consideration, only to abandon it when something smaller and cuter comes along- those types of people.  >:(

I must admit I can be turned into a pool of slush if a little kitten has come into my home BUT I still have my first cat and I will never let any of them go.

Oh and I just hate the phrase "have to rehome my beloved unwanted cat as I am expecting a baby" PAH!
and
Have to rehome as my partner is allergic, my advice GET A NEW CAT FRIENDLY PARTNER!

I had my first 2 kittys before I met my partner and he wasn't too keen on cats and got my 3rd kitty a few months before I had the baby, now with another baby on the way my cats will still be not going anywhere and we are one big happy hairy family  :)

It just makes me sick to read any of these excuses  :P

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 18:56:58 PM »
true, my house-guest-from-hell thinks i am barking mad about my animals - I keep telling her that as far as I am concerned I am the adult and have take responsibility for not only their physical well-being but also their emotional well-being while they grace me with their presence. This means they get good food, good toys, as much love as I can give them and as painless an ending as I can offer them. Her idea of pet ownership is getting the back garden fenced so she can have a dog. She hit my dog while she was here and was given VERY clear instructions about how that was completely unacceptable. The worst punishment you can dish out to my boy is to tell him he is a bad dog (it reduces him to a grovelling heap). Hitting is completely unacceptable and so she was told. (sorry, you started me off there...)

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 18:52:17 PM »
I know I have placed a paper collar on many cats lol.

And the chip will only work if someone takes him to the vets, which you know some people these days they would think no collar he must be stray  :shy:

In my eyes you get cat likers (the uninformed cat owners) and cat lovers which are us  :shy:

Oh and Harry looks like he still has his nads.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 18:44:36 PM »
the paper colllar is not a permanent one - just a bit of paper with your message written on it, covered in cellotape all but a little bit (so it can break off if caught). my kitties hate collars (i know, I have an old spare one that I have tried on both of them. I will have to rely on their microchip to ID them if they go awandering once they are allowed out of the house (which won't be until Smidge is big enough to face down the fox over the back fence or Esther comes when called - whichever is the longer period)...

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 18:37:05 PM »
He tends to stay out for hours in the rain too, but thats only if it starts while he is out. My others all usually come when I've shouted them so I know they are only over next doors or not too far away, but not Harry. I know cats can be ignorant and he could just be over the fence but I have had to start leaving him out if I have an appointment or have to go out anywhere, which I hate doing.

I'm not a fan of collars but will have to get him a safe one  :shy:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 14:11:18 PM »
Don't know where you live but in hot weather my cats always prefer to be outside. One used to sneak into the roof space which you would think would be really hot, but the area she found was so nice and cool that she would come down feeling like she had been lurkingnear an open fridge door. I would be more concerned if he were staying out in horrid weather, without possible shelter. But yes, there is a chance someone has welcomed him into their home. My Sofie would make herself so quietly at home that my neighbours often came home from a shopping expedition to find her curled up on their bed. It happened so often that eventually we just swapped house keys so I could find her if they went off on an expedition of more epic proportions.

If you are concerned about someone trying to permanently adopt him, just put a paper collar on him with a note telling them he is owned and loved.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 14:11:17 PM »
It might be worth getting a quick release collar and making him wear it for a week (or less if he decides to get rid of it himself).
Just in case someone does think they are feeding a stray.......

ccmacey

Where does he go
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 13:45:56 PM »
My little boy Harry likes to go out- for hours, sometimes he goes out and I don't see him all day. I was very worried as the other night I had let him out around 7 o'clock and he didn't come back when I called him, which he usually does, so he was out all night for the first time in his life. None of my cats have ever stayed out all night because I wouldn't be able to sleep for worry.

I woke up at 7am and went straight out to call him, I shook his biscuits and was shouting him at the top of my voice, he didn't come back. I felt totally devastated and had a horrible feeling he was gone. About 20 mins later he jumped on the wall and done his little "mam" cry, I was over joyed.  :)

What I'm trying to say is I think Harry may be going to someone else's house as he stays away for so long. Even when the weather is hot he stays out for hours on end but where will he be getting food and water? He has no collar and he is a bit on the skinny side as he is so active, and I think this could make someone think he is stray.

PS the worry had got to me so much that I went out to buy cat proofing but the shop was closed.

Link to CatChat