Author Topic: very slight limp  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: very slight limp
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 16:00:58 PM »
Iv had 4 visits in the last month for little things so your not the only neurotic around here Mark  :evillaugh:
Spike still has a baby tooth that no one had spotted before and the vet was very impressed as she had never seen a retained canine in a cat. Spike not impressed as it means he has to go back when his lip is better  :doh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 22:00:59 PM »
Mark stop kicking her and i'm sure you'll see a great improvement  :evillaugh:

I think it was the Chinese burns that did it  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 20:49:06 PM »
 I expect he's probably bruised his foot jumping down onto something sharp or hard in the garden.  :doh:

I thought I was the neurotic one lol :evillaugh:

The first sign of anything I'm on the phone to my Ex ( vet nurse) I feel foolish for fussing so much but I would never forgive myself if they suffered because of my negligence.
Peanut once uncharacteristically pestered me for cuddles for several days . One night I realised he was panting and his pulse was sky high sure enough he had a very high temp. Rushed him in and he had a bad infection .I still feel very guilty that his Dad didn't recognise he was unwell for so long

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 16:50:10 PM »
Mark stop kicking her and i'm sure you'll see a great improvement  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 16:45:34 PM »
Thanks for that

I wouldn't deprive them but I don't want to be over neurotic about every little twitch  :evillaugh:

She is certainly eating and sleeping well (& not much else  :evillaugh: ) typical cat really.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 16:42:23 PM »
I've known mine to do that from time to time, Mark. Especially if they've been having a boisterous play session. I put it down to stiffness and pulled muscles. It certainly doesn't bother them and it usually goes after a few days.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
very slight limp
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 14:45:41 PM »
I have noticed over the last week that kylie is limping slightly. Its so slight that you can only barely notice it when she is walking on a flat surface ie garden path. You can't even tell when she walks on the grass. She doesn't seem bothered by it and can still run fast eg if Willow appears  :evillaugh:
Should I monitor it and if it gets any worse take her in, or should I take her in anyway. She is due for her senior panel later in the month so should I wait?. I don't want to put her through a vet visit for nothing.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 16:29:36 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat