Author Topic: Any vet's or vet like people on here?  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Any vet's or vet like people on here?
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 14:22:13 PM »
Hi Liza...they're not mine...but they were bred by a friend of mine.  :) All her bengals are gorgeous.
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 13:30:22 PM »
Roz - those kits are just gorgeous!!!!  I was considering getting one, but after weighing it up decided to get my little mogs from the local CP

:Luv:
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 10:32:10 AM »
Thanks Roz,  I went to see a clairevoiant and she said my Nana, who has passed away too, is surrounded by animals, maybe Renie will be there too.:)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 13:02:50 PM »
Hi there,

I read with such sadness your account of your little Renie's last illness and death.  I think we have all been through such heartache.  It is so hard to accept that your little friend who was so well a week or so before should now be dead, despite your best efforts to make her well again. We all mistakenly think that the vet will know what is wrong with our precious pets and miraculously restore them to full health again.  Sadly, they do not have all the answers...and even if they did, some illnesses are just not treatable.

I'm sure that Renie knew how much you loved her and that she is still close to you.  She wouldn't want to think that her mum was so sad. 

There was a thread on here from Clare, Casper's mum a couple of weeks ago.  She was feeling exactly the same as you are now...and believe me, I  know how you are feeling too.  I can understand why such losses are called heartbreaking because every time you think about your little love you feel a very real pain in your heart.  The physical pain of loss is as sharp as the emotional pain. 

I honestly believe that we will be reunited with our beloved pets one day.  They have just slipped away temporarily but will be waiting for us in a place more wondrous than any of us can ever imagine....and where we will never be parted from them again.   

Have a look at Casper's thread.  There are some posts on there that might help you. It's towards the bottom of this section.

Try to think about the happy times and do keep talking to Renie.  She is  still with you.

Lots of love

Roz

P.S. I have just noticed the piccie of some little bengal kittens which were inadvertently posted to this thread.  Sorry they were meant for an e-mail I was sending to someone else.  I wondered where they went.....but I don't know how to remove them so hope they helped to cheer you up a little.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 11:37:39 AM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 11:12:23 AM »
Thanks Gill, I will never forget her.  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 00:59:29 AM »
The death of your best friend leaves all kinds of worries and problems behind, and I am so sorry that you are feeling so guilty and probably angry. Sadly it is part of the grieving process and I know cos I still have the same feelings after Kocka died.

Coming up to Christmas somehow seems to make it worse, for me any way, but in time the worst of the pain fades into the background. Sometimes it comes back in full force after reading something on here or finding something in the house that brings it all back.

I am sure Renie is watching you from the Bridge and trying to tell you that she is fine now and having wonderful games chasing and pouncing. All she asks is that you will never forget her but that you should remember all the good times you had together.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 07:05:11 AM »
cc, it seems like you are going through the usual horror of grief. Guilt is a terrible part of it. There's always a feeling of 'if only I'd known better, done something else' etc. There are times when I feel the same way about the deaths of cats I've had. 'Did Minnie really have FLV induced liver failure, or was it poisoning; did I have her pts too soon, even though she was howling in pain?' I'll never know; and dwelling upon this won't bring her back. Max was pts because of mouth cancer. Sometimes I think  'if I'd had his teeth cleaned regularly, would he had developed this?' I'll never know.
This kind of thinking extends the pain of loss, and won't bring them back. Please try to let go of such painful thoughts and remember the good times you had together.
Our cats are at the Bridge now. Happy, playing. Nothing we think; no amount of recriminations can bring them back.
Please be kind to yourself.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 08:08:18 AM »
I am sorry for your loss, but sadly if an autopsy wasn't done at the time of death, no one will be able to comment on what the cause was. And vets wouldn't be able to give any diagnosis on the net, due to the implications of it.
Please spay your cat

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 22:59:30 PM »
I know Ela, it's because im still so sad about it. Just thought someone might be able to help.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 22:53:45 PM »
In all fairness although very sad, I don't think a vet would be in a position to comment. so many symptoms and so many possibilities.

I also think any person would daft to admit they were a vet as they would be inundated.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 08:30:33 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

ccmacey

Any vet's or vet like people on here?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 21:56:42 PM »
Hi all, would just like to know if there are any people who are vet's that use this site? I'm still heartbroken over my cats death still after 2 years, she died very suddenly and sometimes i get thinking about it and just want some answers. She was OK on the Saturday night but when i got up on the sunday morning she was limping with her back leg, i said if she's not better by the next day I'd take her to the vet's. The limping got worse and spread to the whole leg as it was only her foot to start off with. I took her to the vet's on the Monday and they said she had probably been bitten by an insect and got an abscess, they gave my medicine to give her for the rest of the week. A couple of days later she was hiding away under the bed, not eating or drinking, so i took her back to the vet's, they said just carry on with the medicine and if she's not better to bring her back, the medicine was penicillin. On the Friday night her paws all swelled up abnormally and she just kept getting up, taking a few strides and laying back down again. I was going to take her to the vet's on the Saturday morning, but sadly she didn't make it through the night. She was alive at about 2pm when i went to bed and when i woke up on sat morn she was gone, i screamed the :censored: house down. I had just got a new kitten a couple of weeks before but he was fine, and i was looking after a friends kitten while they were away. The week following her death another cat of mine got ill, showing the same symptoms as she had, he wasn't as bad and somehow pulled through it. The vet also said by looking at her gums it looked like she had had liver failure. It still rips me apart today thinking could i have done anything to save her? RIP my little girl Renie still love and miss you, and always will. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :'(

Link to CatChat