Author Topic: Cystaid/Cystease  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cystaid/Cystease
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 19:59:42 PM »
He had Valerian for 2 days and his wee is no longer pink but it could be coincidence! Its taken him alot longer than normal to get over this vet trip.
My prob is not knowing if hes peeing blood because something has upset him or if theres infection, the vet kept jabbing him with anti-b's but iv stopped that now as dont want a resistance  :-: :-:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 14:46:22 PM »
Ooh is that number 13 i smell Gillian?  :evillaugh:

Hows Harry doing now? Iv started my bladder cat on Valerian to see if that helps him any.

Don't know  - its a bit soon after introducing my last two really, but......! Poor little scrap, mind you, although she was bald and emaciated, she was pretty lively, trotting round the waiting room, squawking her head off! Vet thinks she's around 12/13 maybe more.

Yeh, valerian's good, the only thing I found with Harry is that it made him really sleepy and a bit spaced out!  :Crazy: He's absolutely fine now, but at the vets we discovered that he needs to have a tooth out, why is it you go for one thing and then find another thing to deal with?!!!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 12:37:37 PM »
Ooh is that number 13 i smell Gillian?  :evillaugh:

Hows Harry doing now? Iv started my bladder cat on Valerian to see if that helps him any.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 18:04:45 PM »
Thanks all!  :)

Took Harry today, vet felt his bladder and it wasnt full thank goodness, and actually today he's hasnt been doing that manic back and forth to the litter tray! But she's prescribed antibitoics for him anyway, because I had noticed blood in his urine. She did offer me some Cystaid, but its cheaper online! she also mentioned natural remedies (because she knows I'm keen on those!) - valerian in particular, which is funny, because I always keep a little bottle of it and I'd actually put a few drops in his food yesterday evening and its since then he's calmed down and stopped going so often! Maybe coincidence, but you never know!

While I was there - can you believe this?!! - my vet bought in a carrier containing a little colourpoint Persian found straying in the area. She'd shaved her as she was in a complete matted state, and neighbours said that she belonged to a family who just moved and left her behind   >:(  (area is RAF families) - she is so thin, only weighs just over 2 kilos!!

Why, oh why, does it have to be a colourpoint persian (my favourite) and why did she just happen to be there when I've got an appointment - is this fate?!!!!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 18:13:47 PM by Gillian (Ambercat) »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 22:28:58 PM »
Tom had Cystaid for stress related cystitis, it did work well. And you dont need a prescription, although to buy online you need to buy 360 tablets!!! Good luck
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 16:31:13 PM »
I reckon they would help in stress induced cystitis, my theory is that when you are stressed you either dont produce the right amount of "things" or certain areas of the body will use them as higher priority over other areas, therefore leaving some places deficent.
The example i can think of is Glutamine, humans make enough but when stressed you dont and you end up doing poos that make your bum itch, its then that you need to supplement  :)
Dont ask where i heard that from  :evillaugh:

Cystaid should replace the missing GAG's in his bladder, according to my thesis  :-:

Cystease is the same as Cystaid except it has no alfalfa in it, and is also cheaper.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 16:28:58 PM »
Amber gets stress cystitis or idiopathic(?). She usually gets an injection from the vets when it starts and cystaid tablets. I got told they soothe the bladder lining so it isnt inflamed and sore. I hope hes ok soon
love
Tab

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
Cystaid/Cystease
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 16:00:52 PM »
I thought things were going well with the 2 new additions Jasper and Zeta. They are, in general. They have pretty much integrated with the others and they are only in 'their room' overnight now, the rest of the time they are with the others.

However, Harry my 11 yr old ginger mog has started to get cystitis (gonna take him to vets tomorrow morn) I know the dangers of this, and I'm keeping close eye on him. I think it could be stress of the 2 new ones, although he's never suffered from this before. My theory is its because I've introduced a male cat - all the cats i've introduced over the last 6 yrs or so, have been female. Jasper seems very interested in Harry, to the point of almost stalking him in the garden - although there have been no actual  physical confrontations (i've made sure of that!), but I know all it takes is a look!

I've got feliway plugged in several rooms, and I use the spray as well (Harry is a sprayer) - and just found out Jasper is too! great, wonder if the family knew this!!!  >:(

Harry is fed on a raw diet, same as the rest of them, so lots of moisture, and only has a few dry biscuits (Olli) at ngithtime, so I'm guessing its not diet induced, lack of moisture etc.

Anyway, wanted to asked about Cystaid and Cystease - I sort of know the theory and their use, but are they useful when its stress related, or are they only useful for diet related cystitis? - or mabye for both?

Link to CatChat