Author Topic: kitten being very agitated  (Read 2262 times)

Offline isabel

• Adult Cat
Re: kitten being very agitated
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 00:09:24 AM »
Could you try distracting her with a favourite toy?
My wee one was scared of the hoover, but if i made some string come to life it helped take her attention away from the fear.
She's much better with it now!
Give blood! They'll give you biscuits...

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 11:13:41 AM »
I think your kitten will get better with things like that over time. When I first got Mogs she fretted everytime something out of the ordinary happened but now if she can see me not bothering shes fine with things. She still occaisionally comes a mews in my face to ask me to stop something which is normally impossible but I just give her a cuddle and tell her Im really sorry I cant stop the wind/fireworks etc and she settles down again.
Good luck
love
Tab

Offline Déborah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 10:43:24 AM »
thanks a lot for your answers!

The storm has abated now, so she had a good night sleep and got all affectionate and cuddly again, she slept next to me uner the duvet  :Luv: One of the problems was that she was so nervous it was impossible to pet her or cuddle her or comfrt her in anyway, she couldn't stay in oneplace, she would just run away and generally lurk around meowing.

I was nerver worried that she was ill, because it quite clearly coincidented with when the storm was raging, the rest of the time she was normal (though a bit moody).

I really hope the weather gets better, poor wee darling!

Déborah

Offline Jazzycat

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 00:16:33 AM »
Oh aye, it will be the storms,

my two have been meowing a lot at night because of the wind howling and the one of them never usually peeps! If they hear upstairs moving furniture they meow sometimes so don't worry, it will pass! Just give the kit loads of pets and speak to the kitty, that helps!

Hopefully our roofs wont fall off! Lol!

Louie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 00:01:52 AM »
Sounds like the weather is really upsetting her, can you keep her in a room where maybe she cat hear the storms so bad..................was gonna say and inside room but I probaly strange that i have one of those, its my study and there now.

As long as you dont think she is ill in any way I would just try to give her loads of extra attention and strokes to try and keep her calm. Also playing befor bedtime with a fishing rod type toy may help her get tired so she sleeps.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 23:19:08 PM »
You could try a bit Bach's rescue remedy in her water it might help calm her down.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Déborah

• Adult Cat
kitten being very agitated
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 22:05:21 PM »
Hiya there,

We've had pretty violent storms up here in Scotland for the last 3 days, and at the same time my 4 months old kitten started acted strange: she meows a lot, she is very jumpy and hyper and can't settle down (she is normally very mellow and laid back). The first night there were storms, she tried to climb the curtains and kept meowing at the window (it was 5am, when she normally sleeps). She's also been a bit moody (possibly from the lack of sleep)

Do you think it is definitely the storm (she calms down a bit when the wind calms down and that's when she sleeps)? Will she get used to it? Do your cats/kittens ever react like that? Is there anything I  can do to help her? I feel really sorry for her and I wish I could do something.

Thanks for you advice  :Luv:

Link to CatChat