Author Topic: Hello and advice please  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Hello and advice please
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 16:02:55 PM »
OH I see Hippy, thats fine then  ;D. I did wonder if that was what you meant but wasnt sure, thanks for explaining  ;D

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 14:26:18 PM »
Gill, I meant Kittycollar (one word) of the type which was advocated by CC, the snap-free type. The basic version, as opposed to the personalised or designer types, are only £2.99 - or were the last time I looked. (My cats don't wear collars, I was looking for a friend.) I hope this clears up the confusion. Ela's idea sounds good, if the paper ones are substantial enough to withstand the elements.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Cathy Biscuits mom

• Adult Cat
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 09:57:06 AM »
Morning everyone,

thanks for your comments, as I mentioned I told my work colleague about the paper collar idea and I would have also suggested the idea of a safety collar with a message but apparently the cat hasn't been around for the last couple of days, so lets hope alls well that ends well and she/he has gone home.

Thanks again everyone

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 20:05:39 PM »
Hippy what do you mean by a basic kitty collar? Cos many of the cheap ones are not safe at all  >:( >:(

To be safe they need to have breakaway clasps and I am only just seeing them starting to appear amongst the unsafe ones and of course they cost more.!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 15:43:36 PM »
A paper collar may become dislodged in the rain.

Cats Protection are now issuing Paper collars to branches for 'found' cats and they have proved very successful and we have not had any affected by the rain.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 07:37:16 AM »
A paper collar may become dislodged in the rain. A basic kittycollar is cheap and safe. Attach an id barrel inserting a message to the 'owner' (if the poor cat has one). If this doesn't work, the cat may be a stray. It's so hard to tell with cats.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »
The paper collar idea is the best advice you can give in the first instance. If that does not work perhaps she could borrow a trap and a scanner from CP then scan the cat to see if it is chipped.  It could be that it has an owner who had the misguided idea that cats should be put out at night along with the milk bottles. (although how many people have milk delivered nowadays?)
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Cathy Biscuits mom

• Adult Cat
  • Biscuit
Hello and advice please
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »
:shy:

Hi guys I'm kinda new meaning I don't post that often but I always have a look at the threads when I get a chance, so I was wondering if you kind guys could give me some advice to pass onto my work colleague. She's been telling me about a cat that has been appearing in her garden for the last week always at night time. The first couple of days it had a collar on but now apparently it doesn't. She never sees it during the day but regularly around 10pm it comes crying at her patio doors. When she trys to approach it it runs away only to come back again. Her own cat is getting stressed out always wanting to get at it but not going out when its around.

I've suggested trying to put a paper collar on it with a contact number to try and make contact with any owners as mentioned quite often here but what else do you think she should do?

Thanks for listening or should that be looking.

Link to CatChat