Author Topic: MY POOR GIZMO  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: MY POOR GIZMO
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 21:19:51 PM »
Aww, I am so glad it isn't as serious as you were thinking, and I hope he can shake it off soon. Good luck to Bella too.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 22:04:03 PM »
 :yesss: what fabulous news.  So pleased it's only virus.  There seems to be some many bugs going round at the moment (Linda and the bengal boys are still suffering).

Big hugs to you, Gizmo and Bella.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 21:17:23 PM »
Oh, that's great news. Give Gizmo a cuddle from me. Make sure he eats well to speed his recovery, as it's a virus and best of wishes to little Bella too.

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 18:54:16 PM »
That is fantastic news - so glad that Gizmo is going to be okay - sending positive thoughts for Bella xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 23:57:12 PM »
Helen, so pleased about Gizmo's good news!!!

Fingers and paws crossed for Bella too!  ;D

ccmacey

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 23:48:43 PM »
Thats brilliant, really glad for you and Gizmo, hope Bella also gets well soon ;D

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 23:42:50 PM »
Oh thank goodness! 

I hope that whatever it was that caused your little guy to be ill will soon subside and wish him all the best for a very speedy recovery to full health.  I can only imagine the hell you've been going through. 

I hope dear Bella starts to improve soon too, bless her.

Lots of love to you all

Roz :catluv:
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 23:20:39 PM »
Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that is wonderful news about Gizmo .................yes yes yes  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I hope they cannsorta Bella out too and all tablets and stuff work.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
Re: MY BEAUTIFUL BABY GIZMO
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 22:02:38 PM »
Hi all thanks for your wonderful words and kind  wishes

Gizmo's does not have Cardiomyopathy he has an virus....somewhere. They are quite mystified as everything pointed to it being HCM I cried when they said it wasn't and couldn't stop hugging him and haven't since I collected him this evening. He is to be monitored for a few days and should he get worse he will have to have antibiotics as a precaution. You cant imagine how elated I am I thank you all again for your kindness  :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :thanks:

Bella still has a high concentration of ? (cant remember the name) and will need another 2 week course of antibiotics, they have also sent her urine to an external lab to be tested for something too, I should have the results in 2 days...they also said the blood that was passing in her faeces was due to a ulcer, poor little old lady isn't she. She has been doing so well the past few days it certainly makes me feel happier when they are

I will keep you updated on both Giz and Bella progress

Thankyou all again

Helen

xxxx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 22:14:37 PM »
Hi Smudge sending lots of love and positive vibes for Gizmo and praying that he hasn't got cardiomyopathy.

I've just had a bit of seach on the net and found the following http://www.catclinicofroswell.com/medicalhandouts/detail.aspx?handoutid=6  which you may find useful if it turns out he does have this condition.

:catluv: from all of us here in Nott'm.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 20:58:33 PM »
Thankyou all so very very much for your wonderful kindness it means the world to me.....

Gizzy's heartrate has settled today too 125 bpm and I'm pleased to say he looks better in himself and his 3rd eye has gone. I'm glad its rained all day today as he hates the rain so it meant he stayed indoors.......... I cant wait in one respect to get Monday over with at least I will know but the other half of me is dreading it.

Giz and Louis were tested in London with a heart scan when both Smudge and pickles died and they were cleared BUT they said there was no guarantee they would not develop it.

There would be no way my little soldier would be kept in he has broken cat flaps before getting so stressed which would only stress him out even more. He loves to play chase with my labradors and the other cats too and i couldn't bare for him to be so unhappy watching all the others outside and him being locked in

I have been trying so hard to stay positive but its really hard as you all know when you love them so much. But all your kindness has helped me and I sincerely thank you for that

Helen

xxxxxxxxxxx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 16:10:12 PM »
i hope it isnt what you dread and suspect but if it is then thinking ahead might not be a bad thing, i have 2 dsh cats, one of which goes frantic to get outside and he has a large outdoor run which i am lucky enough is at the other side of the cat flap through the wall but if not then i guess i'd have to lift him round to it every morning and take him in at night...they have a small wooden shed within the run anyway for shelter....

would something like this be possible for you to create and that way gizzy gets unsupervised outdoor access but is contained aswell.

it certainly keeps my sebast happy enough and he still catches silly birds that fly into his enclosure, you can get super outdoor cat activity equipment that isnt too expensive to put in for different heights etc..

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 15:18:23 PM »
Sending positive thoughts for Gizmo and for you, Smudge. Try to take it easy until you find out exactly what's what on Monday.

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 13:13:57 PM »
Have got everything crossed for you, I truly hope it isn't as bad as you are thinking. Life doesn't seem fair at times, does it? If he does have it, is there a way you could give him strict, supervised outdoor access?
Please spay your cat

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 12:42:23 PM »
Lots of positive vibes from me and lovely purry headbutts from my girls.  :hug:

Got everything crossed for you smudge :wish:

ems, nina and kiki
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 12:41:01 PM »
I do hope that things are not as bad as they seem and that you get good news when you visit the vet with Gizmo.

Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way........

Love from Mimi, Libby, Nellie and Phoebe xxx

Offline gia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 12:38:29 PM »
Smudge and Gizmo

Sending you masses and masses of positive thoughts.

Gia
xxx

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 12:22:51 PM »
Hope things get better for you and Gizmo soon, dont run yourself down and get some rest. Take care

CC xxx  :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 10:39:05 AM »
Im so sorry I hope it isnt what you think.
((((((())))))))) to you both
love
Tab

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 01:01:57 AM »
Oh Smudge I am so sorry.

I will put all my thoughts to hoping that Gizmo does not have this problem and hope for all his tests to be Ok from anything serious.

In the meantime give him loads of cuddles and strokes cos I am sure he knows that you love him and will do the very best for him.

:hug: :hug: :hug: to you and Gizmo  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
MY POOR GIZMO
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 00:49:34 AM »
As you know I have been over the moon with Bella feeling better. I have had the most awful 2 days and have spent them crying. Gizmo's my black white tabby is one of the two remaining from my rescued cat's Tabitha litter of four. I lost 2 of Gizmo's brothers at 18 months from cardiomyopathy.

Late Wednesday evening  Gizzy came in looking unwell and had my own vet been open he would have been there straight away (I'm afraid I have little faith in the out of hours vet I have to use) well it appears now that there is a strong possibility he has developed cardiomyopathy......he has to go back on Monday for x rays to look at the size of his heart and other tests......the same day Bella has to go to have her blood tests.......i feel so broken hearted as he is mummys baby and has a terrible fear of the vets

I wondered if you would be kind enough to all send me some positive thoughts for Gizzy and hope and pray it isn't cardiomyopathy. Pickles coped quite well being kept in when he was diagnosed at 9 months and he lived for another 9 months......2 weeks to the day that Pickles died in my arms Smudge his brother died too

Gizmo would never ever cope being kept in and I know that I would have to have him put to rest, I cant eat and haven't slept although I'm exhausted......why when I look after all my cats,dogs horses and Bunnies like prince and princess's do they have to get ill...life is so cruel isn't it

Thanks for reading

xxxxxx

Link to CatChat