Author Topic: Weepy Eyes  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Weepy Eyes
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 18:09:23 PM »
You wont get anything decent other than from your vets, i would try to get the repeat prescription as Yvonne suggests.
Aureomycin has a shelf life of four weeks from opening i think.   :-:

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 16:51:09 PM »
You might be able to get cream online from vet uk if you are sure thats what the problem is

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 16:00:01 PM »
Hi Kate,

Welcome to Purrs.

If it is the same recurring problem and you are sure that is what it is then you can just go to the surgery and get a repeat prescription without the need to take Barney in.

Hope it clears up and Happy New Year.

Keep us up to date with Barney.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Pusy Galore (Kate)

• Kitten
Weepy Eyes
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 15:16:34 PM »
Hello

I am new to the forum today so "hello everyone"!  I am posted in the 'new members' area too

I wondered if anyone could help me with a problem I have.....

My 4 month old kitten, Barney, has weepy eyes and has had them on and off ever since we got him at 12 weeks young.  Cats Protection gave me some cream - Aureomycin - from the vets when we first got him and the problem went away, however, it keeps returning and I don't particularly want to keep going back to the vets as I know that this is a common problem in cats/kittens, and everytime you go back to the vets it's another consult and they only end up giving you more eye cream!

Does anyone know of anywhere that I can get some cream/drops which I can use when needed, without getting a perscription, or do you recommend I keep taking Barney back?  I only ask because I had another cat - Emily - who, like Barney, had this recurring problem so I don't think it's anything to worry about.  My own vet gives us Fucithalmic Vscous Eye Drops, which is what I used on Emily.  I am still using the Aureomycin on Barney which the CP vet gave him before we adopted him

Any help / guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks

(Hope his photo has attached ok!)

Kate

[attachment deleted by admin]
Kate x

Link to CatChat