Author Topic: i just injured my kitten!  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
Re: i just injured my kitten!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 22:03:34 PM »
i'm still waiting for the day she's big enough to jump up to cooker  :doh: i doubt she'll do that twice !
[/quote]
Oh but they do my Bridge baby Smudge he jumped onto cooker ceramic hob while still hot ouch got his little paws under cold tap quick smart which he didn't like I never seen a cat move so quick, now I know where the phrase cat on hot tin roof comes from Bless Him

But he continued to jump onto cooker so when cooker had been on we covered the hobs we had used with upside down pans or kept the  kitchen door shut until hob cooled

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 21:53:18 PM »
mmm i nearly chopped cody in half when i rammed all my weight against a cupboard door as it wouldnt shut (where i keep the big bag of dog food) unbeknown to me it was cody not the bag..ouch,..

then i stood on him the other day and also trapped his leg in a window when i was shutting it to save him getting out...all without permanent injury luckily but if they get under your feet and always in the midst of things (like my nosey boy) its hard !!!!

of course i am always saving him from getting on the hob, in the oven/dishwasher/washine machine,,, infact anything dangerous he's there !!

i'm still waiting for the day she's big enough to jump up to cooker  :doh: i doubt she'll do that twice !

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 20:55:46 PM »
mmm i nearly chopped cody in half when i rammed all my weight against a cupboard door as it wouldnt shut (where i keep the big bag of dog food) unbeknown to me it was cody not the bag..ouch,..

then i stood on him the other day and also trapped his leg in a window when i was shutting it to save him getting out...all without permanent injury luckily but if they get under your feet and always in the midst of things (like my nosey boy) its hard !!!!

of course i am always saving him from getting on the hob, in the oven/dishwasher/washine machine,,, infact anything dangerous he's there !!

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 20:20:20 PM »
maybe you should get her one of marlas lovely collars with a bell on, then you would hear her coming  :rofl: http://http://www.kittycollars.co.uk/     glad she is all better now tho, shes yummy  :Luv:
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 18:38:19 PM »
Am glad to hear she is better.
Please spay your cat

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 17:42:39 PM »
Glad to hear your little one is now ok............I know all too well how guilty you feel, I trod on one of mine when she was about 3 mths old, was walking down the stairs with an armful of washing, she made such a racket and hid from me for a while too, won't walk on it etc for a little while then next thing was running around the house like nothing had happened.  Unlike me who had a sprained ankle for a week........damn stairs  ;)

Yeah, i was carrying some sheets so i couldn't see properly - lesson learnt!.  She's 100% now, she needs bells on her paws or something  :innocent: she's sooo quiet! it's like a ghost, suddenly just there when i turn around. Or perhaps i should get her steel toe-capped boots.

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 16:23:02 PM »
Glad to hear your little one is now ok............I know all too well how guilty you feel, I trod on one of mine when she was about 3 mths old, was walking down the stairs with an armful of washing, she made such a racket and hid from me for a while too, won't walk on it etc for a little while then next thing was running around the house like nothing had happened.  Unlike me who had a sprained ankle for a week........damn stairs  ;)
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 15:37:23 PM »
It does sound that she is OK now, its terrible when that happens. Mine are always diving under my feet when I am trying to go upstairs and I am amazed someone...........most likely me............hasnt been hurt!

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 17:25:40 PM »
I wouldnt worry too much at the moment as kittens bones are very soft and dont tend to break that easily  but if she is still limping tomorrow then it might be wise to speak to your vet

I called the vet - they open on tuesday but she's not limping any more, well, not that i can notice.  For an hour or two she didn't open her claws on that paw, but now she is, even scaling a scratching post using all four. Normally kicking her toys with her back legs ect so I think she's ok, I'll continue to observe though...

thanks!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 17:25:08 PM »
Hope your kitty is no longer limping.  I don't want you to think I'm making light of something that might be serious because I'm not.  But, another thing to bear in mind about cats is that as well as being good at hiding injuries they can also be very good actors. My OH once stood on one of ours and for a whole day she limped dramatically whenever he was in the room.  When he wasn't there she was running about quite normally.  Hope this is all it is with yours.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 15:42:32 PM »
I wouldnt worry too much at the moment as kittens bones are very soft and dont tend to break that easily  but if she is still limping tomorrow then it might be wise to speak to your vet

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 11:32:07 AM »
Cats do hide injuries well, the best thing you can do is ring the vet (there should be an answerphone message with the out of hours number on it) and get their advice. Cats do also purr to make themselves feel better.
Please spay your cat

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
i just injured my kitten!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 11:27:53 AM »
my kitten attacked my feet while i was walking down the hall, she got right under me and i stood on her right back leg, i had shoes on and it's varnished wooden floorboards, i put all my weight on her,  :( it must have really hurt, she screamed and now half an hour later she's still limping a bit. I feel terrible.  She seems to be bending her leg in all the right places and she's sat on my lap right now purring away. So hopefully there's not too much damage done. I'm going to watch her carefully today to see if she starts walking correctly.

Do cat's hide injuries well? i should really get this checked out right?

Link to CatChat