Author Topic: Friends New Kitten  (Read 2073 times)

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
Re: Friends New Kitten
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 22:21:19 PM »
Hi Claire,

Cats do not tend to have long memories.  Sounds like the kitten is missing his family but after a week he is likely to be much more settled and after two weeks probably not missing them at all, in my experience anyway.

with my limited experience i can only agree, my 10 week old was following me around everywhere for days and even sleeping on my pillow and almost tried to get in the bath at one point. Now 2 weeks later she's spending much more time on her own and getting more confident and no longer sleeping on my pillow  :)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 21:58:25 PM »
Hi Claire,

Cats do not tend to have long memories.  Sounds like the kitten is missing his family but after a week he is likely to be much more settled and after two weeks probably not missing them at all, in my experience anyway.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 10:46:50 AM »
Aw!  :(
Good excuse to get another kitten I think  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 21:10:50 PM »
Ahhh poor baby is obviously missing it's mum and borthers and sisters.  I'm sure given time it will settle but for now a nice snuggly bed,  with a snugglesafe heat pad and a soft toy (anything designed for babies from mothercare is good).  Of course the best thing would be to take baby to bed with her (of course if she does this once there will be no going back! LOL)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 20:17:45 PM »
A soft toy (with any choke hazards removed) for something to cuddle. The best thing would be another kitten   :shify:   :shify:

Offline ClaireC

• Adult Cat
  • Honey (Monster!)
Friends New Kitten
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 19:16:07 PM »
Hi all

My friend has just got a 9 week old kitten.  She has told me today that it kept them up all night whining bless it.  Is there anything she can do?

Thanks

Claire

Link to CatChat