Author Topic: Help - litter troubles!  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Help - litter troubles!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 17:50:01 PM »
Simple Solution is very good for cleaning up stains, if you use alcohol, wash the area with bio washing powder first.

Glad to hear that your little one is happy with her new litter, maybe the old litter was too pointy on her paws!

Offline bexterwho

• Kitten
Its a miracle!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 19:29:09 PM »
Thanks for all your replies.

I picked up some different litter on my way home tonight, put it in one of the trays, put her in it and scratched her paws around a bit and within 2 minutes she was doing a poo!! I'm sooooo proud! Hopefully this is the end of our troubles. I'm going to give the alcohol thing a go where she was messing and I think I'm going to have to get a covered litter tray in a couple of days because they are spraying this litter everywhere. Its the clumping type and very fine so its making quite a mess! I've also noticed them both eating a bit of this, is this anything to worry about?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 15:18:06 PM »
Dont keep your trays spotless

Oops I always keep mine spotless and some  of the cats won't go in a tray that has been used just once.  although I know cats are so different
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 14:35:22 PM »
Dont keep your trays spotless,the smell will help her learn where to go! When she goes to the loo next, put the poo into the tray and show her.
Did the breeder/rescue tell you what litter they used?

I would use a dog cage to re-train her if she doesnt learn how soon.
My foster kits spent their first few weeks with mum in a cage and at 3 1/2 weeks they just taught themselves, voila!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 11:15:49 AM »
Try one covered litter tray and one uncovered. experiment with different types of litter, I find when all else fails the Danish Pink and Corn litter usually works.

Has the little one had a vet check to ensure all is well.

Wipe everywhere the little one has messed with a spirit, whiskey, gin brandy rum or of that is too painful surgical spirit.Then when dry perhaps sprinkle a little dried food where she has messed.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline bexterwho

• Kitten
Help - litter troubles!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 09:56:42 AM »
Hi everyone

We got 2 new kittens just over 2 weeks ago, they are now 11 weeks old. The little boy is good as gold and always uses the litter tray, but the little girl won't. She insists on doing her business right by the front door. They are confined to one room and have been since they arrived. They have 2 litter trays which are cleaned regularly. We have tried moving the litter tray to the spot where she has been messing but she then just messes where the tray used to be, or in the corner by the other door to the room. We tried putting newspaper down but she avoided that and messed next to it. I have tried go-away spray but she just messes right on top of it. I have also tried keeping an eye on her and when she squats picking her up and putting her in the litter tray, she just jumps out and waits for me to leave the room. I'm getting quite anxious about this as I want to be able to let them out into the rest of the house soon and I'm not going to do this until they are properly trained. I am also taking them up to my mum's for xmas next weekend and I don't think I can face telling her that she's not litter trained! Any ideas anyone?????

Thanks

Link to CatChat