Author Topic: getting another cat??  (Read 1116 times)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
Re: getting another cat??
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 14:30:10 PM »
From the perspective of someone who thought one more would be ok I have to say I'd err on the side of caution.
If Bella is happy then I'd stick with her as another cat may well unsettle her.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 06:58:08 AM »
If OH needs convincing, though, look no further than Pav's recent experience...  ;D

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,43553.0.html

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 06:48:47 AM »
Having seen the gorgeous pictures of dd and Bella, I'd be content to stick with the one for now, and add a friendly kitten in a few months when dd is a little older.

It's always tricky to judge, but didn't Bella have a litter of her own before you rescued her? Have a chat with Sam from the rescue and see if she can remember how she was with other cats/kittens.  :)

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
getting another cat??
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 18:52:19 PM »
Bella is well and truly settled in and is so lovely but lately ive been thinking of getting another cat. I feel our home is big enough for another and even though dh wasnt a cat person he adores bella and even lets her sleep on our bed something barney was never allowed to do. But thats the sticking point dh is worried getting another may upset bella to much and hes not willing to upset her. Any hints/suggestions how have your cats taken to new arrivals??

Link to CatChat