Author Topic: Christmas time!  (Read 1267 times)

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
Re: Christmas time!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 22:54:27 PM »
Thanks Sam.

I've also seen that you get a free spray and air freshener to put in her cat basket! I can also use them at the cattery.
Thanks that's been really useful xxxx
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 20:48:24 PM »
She is obviously fine at your mums as you have said ... but the fact that she doesn't eat when you come back could be a sign of stress (or she may just be punishing you for leaving her  ;))  The pet remedy will stop all the stress.  Of course you could just use it at your house when you get back if you are happy that she isn't stressing at Mums.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 19:40:53 PM »
Will I need one of those though? She's been there before and has been fine xxx
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 19:18:27 PM »
Pet Remedy .... If your mum has a plug-in ready for when she moves in then this should help to keep her nice and clam and relaxed.  http://www.petremedy.co.uk/
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 19:06:04 PM »
Anybodyyyy? Xxx
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
Christmas time!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 11:16:01 AM »
Hi all,
I know it may be a bit too early to think about Xmas! I know I have posted a similar post a few months back but I have now got exact dates etc

We are going away 29th dec-2nd jan. so Millie will be in the cattery for that time. Now usually at Xmas we stay at my mums from the 24th-29th so we have had to re jig things! Millie lived at my mums for 8 years - she's now 13. She sleeps in my old bedroom where she used to sleep and settles really well. She knows my family and the dog really well.
So the plan is
22-26 - mums
26-29 - home
29-2nd jan - cattery

Obviously I don't want to upset her. She is so attached to me and hubby though. Even going away for a weekend she wouldn't eat for a few days after we got back. When we went to pick her up after our honeymoon - we went to Mexico for 2 weeks. She clung to me. Literally I could get her off my shoulder and into the cat carrier. I had to have her on my shoulder on the way home in the car. I know that's being a really naughty mummy but I couldn't bear to pull her off. 1. Because she obviously needed reassurance and holding and 2. She was holding on that tight she would have ripped my skin off!

Again i must stress when shes at my mums she is fine once settled with her blanket etc and at the cattery she is well looked after and the best in the area!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Kymberley & Millie xxx
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Link to CatChat