Author Topic: Anyone use humun glucosamine supliment for their cats arthritis ?  (Read 5275 times)

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
Re: Anyone use humun glucosamine supliment for their cats arthritis ?
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 00:23:21 AM »
gave in, ordered cosiquin.... found 15 capsules for £4.44 so i can try them and see how we get on, fingers crossed

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 16:01:38 PM »
You've not said how much you are paying but strangely enough I ordered some for Bonnie the other day. She doesn't have any problems but at the age of 15 I thought I would start giving them to her to prevent any aches and pains.

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/vetvits/flexi-joints-for-cats/productdetail-p3196942-c3182.aspx

P&P is only £1.99 which I thought was very good.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »
Holland & Barratt do one specifically for pets that you may want to look at. You could always crush the tablet into the food if you cannot medicate it straight in to the mouth.
It does sound the same as a a human one so if you prefer a liquid them buy the human liquid capsules and only give him half a 500 mg one maybe though definitely check with the vet as to the correct dosage. It seems cats would have one a day (2-10kg) and they each have nearly 300mg glucosamine plus chondrytin.
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=697&prodid=740&cid=25
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:25:50 AM by souffle »
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:06 AM »
Not me, but I am surprised human medication is cheaper than that available for animals - check your sources!!

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
Anyone use humun glucosamine supliment for their cats arthritis ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 00:46:37 AM »
Hi

I was just looking at easy / cheep ways to get glucosamine into Stray Timmy, the vet at work has suggested that it should be ok to use a human supplement providing the dose was right, I have been looking for unflavored glucosamine HCL liquid or small mg capsuals / tablets with little success, does anyone use a human version, can someone point me in the right direction

Thanks

Rachel

Link to CatChat