Author Topic: Appeal for a little Sausage.....  (Read 7369 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Appeal for a little Sausage.....
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 20:39:45 PM »
If they are on a low Income CP would help with a neutering voucher and may even be able to take her in so she can go to a home as the bit about struggling to feed her makes me a tad worried what about injections, flea treatments worming etc, its not just the case of feeding as well all know how expensive that can be and I know more than most on the food and vet bill front

The vet if part of the CP scheme and explaining the circumstances should do it at the CP voucher rate - I know I get my ferals done at that rate when we are trapping and also get discount on the wormers, injections and worming treatments may be worth asking if they would do it at cost due to the circumstances

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:25:37 AM by Liz »
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 16:24:15 PM »
while it doesn't sound ideal it worries me she is not spayed

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 16:01:22 PM »
Ahh she's lovely  :Luv:
Where about's is she hun?  How old is she? Have they tried paper collar /posters etc Are there any plans to rehome her or can a local rescues take her?  Where is she living outside?
Just a bit worried if they can't afford to feed her that rescue would be better for her? They would ensure she goes to the right home too.
 :hug:

If they are on low income they can get spay vouchers from CP?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 16:12:56 PM by Tan »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 15:55:45 PM »
Responded to their email, they're very quick so they should be able to confirm if they can set up a "Sausage account" and let me know when the total is met. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 15:49:14 PM »
ok well I'll wait to hear direct would be better for me I've let my paypal lapse due to the over the top charges

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 15:46:16 PM »
That's ace, Dawn. :)

I'm going to call the vets and confirm they're alright with this first. But I thought I'd contact them and give the lady's address and Sausages name then people could just call in and send card payments directly to the vet for what they can afford.

That's one option. The other is it comes via Paypal to me and I transfer the sum total when it's raised. I'd prefer it to go to the vets directly, but it may be hard to keep track of what's been donated.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 15:41:33 PM »
I'd like to contribute what do I do

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 15:36:43 PM »
I was quoted at £65 in total - including chip, pre and post op checks and the actual op. I guess that's pretty good, really.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 15:53:59 PM by JackSpratt »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 15:34:42 PM »
how much is needed js

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Appeal for a little Sausage.....
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 15:33:52 PM »
Posting this after being in contact with a young lady caring for a little female cat who visits her dubbed Sausage.

Sadly, although the lady is supplying food for Sausage, she and her partner can't stretch to ensuring the little one is spayed and chipped. They're actually struggling to care for Sausage as well as the animals they have on the household income so I'm trying to get funds sent directly to their local vets to ensure that when Sausage is found a permanent new home, she'll be chipped and spayed for definite.

This is a private appeal in no way endorsed by Purrs in our Hearts. It is literally a request for assistance for a little lady who is needing a proper new start.

:)

Link to CatChat