Author Topic: my cat died (distressing read)  (Read 2249 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: my cat died (distressing read)
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 22:23:41 PM »
Oh I'm so pleased you've found the courage to start again, and two kittens really will help heal the rift.  :hug: :hug:

I agree with Sue and hope you stick around and find some enjoyment in the lighter side of life on Purrs.  :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 11:04:31 AM »

That's such good news Catlover.  Am so pleased to hear that you've decided to get back on the horse, as it were.

It's never an easy decision to make, although we did the same, and I'm very pleased we did.  Wishing you all every happiness with your two kittens. 

Please dont feel that you have to be  stranger, if you'd like to stick around on the forum - we'd love having you, and catching up on the progress of your new family members.  On the other hand, we realise that you'll probably have your hands well, and truly full !   :)

Offline cat lover

• Kitten
  • Slave to: lucky
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 10:31:35 AM »
Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my post  and the pm it was nice of you all. After days  of family tears I took my wife and kids to get two kitten that are settling in nicely.  thank you all again and good luck with your cats.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »
The Blue Cross run a pet bereavement service. http://www.bluecross.org.uk/1742/pet-loss.html

It may help you to speak to someone who understands. While most of us on Purrs have suffered the effects of losing our pets, speaking to someone is more helpful than reading posts. Friends often don't understand the grief, thinking "it was only a cat".

It sounds as though she died instantly and that her body was moved to the side of the road by a passer-by.
She's now at the rainbow bridge. http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:41:21 AM by Hippykitty »
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 21:05:47 PM »
So sorry to hear this.

If a cat is injured, even badly, but still conscious, he/she will make every effort to get away and either hide or try and get home. The fact that your cat died by the side of the road means she was killed instantly and wouldn't have suffered. I know it's little consolation but I hope this and the other posts on this thread have helped you a bit.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 20:34:53 PM »
Catlover am so sorry.  The exact same injury was suffered by our cat last year.  I can reassure you that she won't have suffered.  Please don't torture yourself with this.  Rest in peace sweet baby.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 19:44:54 PM »
My little cat Hazel had similar injuries after being run over. I know she didn't suffer, she was killed instantly.

I'm so sorry, but she really wouldn't have known a thing about it.  Please don't beat yourself up about this, cats were designed for outdoor living and she was just unlucky.  :hug:

Play hard at the bridge, little silver one. She is in very good company with my little black girl Hazel who went to the Bridge over 20 years ago, and Rosella's little black girl Millie who went there just this week under similar circumstances.

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 19:29:05 PM »
Very sad for you . :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 18:23:20 PM »
 :sorry: What a horrible time for you. I'm so sorry, please try not to think of what happened hard I know but think of the good times you had.
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 17:10:30 PM »
What a horrible thing to happen! It really does sound as if the end came very quickly for your darling girl, without time for her to suffer.

I know it is hard, but please try to remember your beautiful girl as she was, not as you last saw her  :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 15:35:42 PM »
how very sad

it sounds from what you say that she must have been hit by a car going very fast, and would have been killed instantly - please try to put that awful picture of her lying there out of your mind, and remember her instead as a pretty girl, enjoying life and being loved :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline cat lover

• Kitten
  • Slave to: lucky
my cat died (distressing read)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 15:21:22 PM »
sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section.

Please help me

I found my 1yr old cat dead at the side of the road she was on her back with her legs open and her front paws to one side.

her face was flat on one side and on the other side her eye was bulging out. there was also a small trace of blood around her mouth. and her back leg (on the same side as her eye bulge) the bone was sticking out detached from her foot bones which were still in her fur.

I would really appreciate it you could give me a rough idea on this. if she suffered

PS I know I was stupid for letting her out she was like the silver cat on the whiskers food box

Link to CatChat