Author Topic: Addicted to grass  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Bluemoon

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jumpy, Pixie, Gracie & Bogey
Re: Addicted to grass
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 14:37:57 PM »
:welcome: to purrs and I love the name Pixie.  I imagine her in her run with gnomes and fairies and toadstools  ;)

Mary

Thanks, so can I!  :evillaugh:

The name really suits her as she is small and a little rascal!  :naughty:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 14:01:17 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs and I love the name Pixie.  I imagine her in her run with gnomes and fairies and toadstools  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bluemoon

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jumpy, Pixie, Gracie & Bogey
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 12:16:24 PM »
My cat Pixie is also addicated to grass!! She has a cat run with grass growing in but she still goes straight for the grass in the garden when I take her out on her harness! She chews it for like 5 mins before exploring anything else! She is 17 months old and has always loved grass, she also chews other plants so that's one reason why she cannot roam free! Her cat run is on concrete so she can't overdose lol!  ;)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 19:12:35 PM »
Catnip grows very easily in pots on a windowsill, you don't really need a balcony.

Sounds as though there's something in grass which cats need: fibre, maybe? Or some vitamin or other.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 23:26:43 PM »
Sadly I no longer have a balcony lol

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Fonzie and Chloe, plus Amber and Izzie the doggies
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 22:44:35 PM »
you can grow just normal grass for them.

i used to try and grow cat grass for fonzie, but he was so enthusiastic about it he kept knocking the plant pot over and getting soil everywhere  :(  he now has a harness and leash and goes out at night time to eat (and then puke) it up.

if you have a balcony, you can also buy catnip and valerian seeds for them!  the cat nip is quite hardy...been growing for a good few years now, and i usually forget to water it!

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 21:09:11 PM »
I got told about cat grass a few years ago and went to a garden centre to ask about seeds I could put in a pot on the balcony........... after trying very hard to persaude them I didnt want to grow a lawn on the balcony and cat grass did exist I gave up. I now do dry food for indoor cats  :naughty:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 20:56:32 PM »
Don't know about Buffy but Bonnie doesn't eat it to be sick, I've only know her be sick on the odd occasion.

I love it on here cos we always think it's just our cat that does something but we always find someone else in the same boat on Purrs  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 20:26:34 PM »
Wow that's so weird. I've never had indoor cats before. So glad to hear she's not the only one.  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 20:19:53 PM »
Bonnie's exactly the same. 

Bonnie's an indoor cat and has never meowed to go out but she does meow at the door to tell me she wants some grass  ;) When I bring it in she almost jumps up like a dog and she meows so loud until I give it to her.

I know what you mean about eating it before it's grown  :evillaugh:  I now tend to put it on the ledge in the front porch where she can't get it.

Mary

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Addicted to grass
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 18:59:54 PM »
Buffy seems to be addicted to grass. I do grown it for her but she eats it before it had grown, so I can't  keep up with the demand. I now go down into the neighbours garden and get her some grass when I can but she seems addicted. She races me to the door when she thinks I might be going to get some for her. Then as soon as she sees me with it she meows as if it's the loveliest treat she's ever had. I think she likes it more that dreamies. she's meowing at me now for some.  :Crazy:

Link to CatChat