Author Topic: Oscar settled in  (Read 1362 times)

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jezabel
Re: Oscar settled in
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 18:49:34 PM »
I'm so glad that things are going well - partly for your sake, partly because it gives me hope that Alfie and Cleo might be able co-exist in future!

Oh def def do NOT give up! Patience and time...just keep repeating that mantra! This evening I wrapped Oscar in a towel so I could clean his eyes...he's not very good at doing it himself because he's blind and he feels safe wrapped up...so anyway...Jezabel came strolling up and got really close to him...obviously she also felt safe(wussy) knowing he was all wrapped up! She sniffed at his whiskers and sort of gave a sideways headtilt as if to say..."I know what you're going through. The bad Monkey did taht to me AND she gave me nasty tasting medicine too!"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 17:29:37 PM »
I'm so glad that things are going well - partly for your sake, partly because it gives me hope that Alfie and Cleo might be able co-exist in future!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 22:21:20 PM »
Lovely pics and so glad they are coming on well.

One day we will have pics of them both cuddling, I know we will  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
Pleased it is going well, it must be quite confusing for Jezabel as Oscar will not respond to a lot of situations as a hearing cat would. Hopefully in time they will become firm friends.

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:42:59 AM »
That's good news.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 09:18:08 AM »
Aww lovely looking cats  :Luv2: im glad things seem to be improving ;D

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jezabel
Oscar settled in
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 14:56:32 PM »
So it's been a few months now and all is good in the Oscar and Jezabel household. Oscar can wander in and out of any room he wants and although Jezabel doesn't fight or seem bothered by him they have remained distant. Oscar comes downstairs to eat but eventually is herded back upstairs by Jezabel. She seems to prefer it if he stays upstairs and he seems to prefer it too as it's sunny and warm and I think most importantly familiar. Jezabel frequently sniffs at him as he goes by and has stopped hissing although will still swat at him occasionally as he wanders past but Oscar just keeps walking.
Jezabel has become fascinated with Oscar when he is in the litterbox and will wait for him to get out and jump out at him...she is just playing but of course he cannot see her pounce so he just huffs at her and walks away! LOL

Here they are sunbathing and falling asleep halfway into his bed! I so love Jezabel's ginger belly.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 15:41:40 PM by princesskasren »

Link to CatChat