Author Topic: Kitten Food - JWB / Hills / Supermarket ?????  (Read 1618 times)

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
Re: Kitten Food - JWB / Hills / Supermarket ?????
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 08:07:05 AM »
She will sort herself out, I have one that sneakily eats the biscuits,(he has only 2 teeth so you can't hear him crunching!) but has high meat content gravy pouches, and 2 that eat only biscuits.

We have a water fountain, which they all use, what I do for my little pouchie eater is put a little water in the pouch in summer, so he gets a little more water.

We use a variety of biscuits, as we have made Poppy a fussy little moo, she likes to see 4 different lots of biscuits, and when you fill 3 bowls she meoowwwwwwwws for the 4th dish! sniff along and goes back to her favourite of the day.

Science plan, purina one are my cats favourites.

Try some of the smaller bags to see what she would like, but don't mix them too much as she is only a baby, and she might get a funny tummy,

Nicky

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:10:10 AM by nickynoo93 »

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 23:31:50 PM »
She looks healthy enough all the same

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tippy (June 2013)
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 22:49:54 PM »
The vet has fallen in love with her. He confessed his wife has a "huge collection" of cats but tippy was the most beautiful he had ever seen. That was right before telling me if her eye got bad again it would likely mean she has feline herpes :/. Got everything crossed it doesn't come back!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 21:10:51 PM »
Tippy will be a character , she looks so adorable .

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 19:42:39 PM »
She definitely likes the prawns I bought home tonight as a little treat!!!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 18:23:22 PM »
They soon make it clear what they like and dislike. Tippy will find her feet in that subject .

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 17:59:39 PM »
I spoke to the vet about it at Tippys check up as he said not to worry too much. The only reason they advise wet food it due to water intake. Bladder problems are historic with cats now so he wa quite happy for her to be on majority biscuits as long as she's eatin some meat :)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 17:01:21 PM »
I feed mine applaws wet and dry (which in the same as encore) and porta 21 dry. Also various other sainsbury's packets - fishy, expensive, high meat content ones. 

Try not to let them get too keen on the biscuits if they like them.  Xander won't eat anything else now, and it's not good for them.

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
  • A meow massages the heart
  • Slave to: Motown, Drum & our beautiful baby Bass RIP
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 21:18:31 PM »
We are feeding Mo a mixture of Thrive for higher meat content (not kitten) and Felix kitten along with Royal Canin weaning biscuits, just down as much as he wants them.
Not loving the new Thrive recipe though, seems much more watery, so might try some others over time...
He's also getting the odd bit of chikkun  ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 21:12:16 PM »
When Billy was a kitten, he was very difficult to feed. He didn't like whiskas kitten food and won't even now eat food with jelly in it. My others ate everything they were given. I got him gourmet Pearl , the fish ones and he has always liked them. PAH is very nearby and Tesco, asda etc. He like whiskas temptations from being a kitten and still now. Not very fond of meat meals though.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 21:00:51 PM »
She has 3 small wet meals a day with a handful of biscuits down for grazing. She eats most o the meat an all of the biscuits daily. The biscuits are complete hills ones  I do think she'll be a biscuit cat she def prefers them!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 20:46:02 PM »
Yes all complete foods just different push towards ingredients.

Are you only feeding dry food or are you also using some wet food...............we all believe in doing things different but I prefer a wet diet with biscuits for grazing.

The cats dont always agree  :rofl:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 20:38:11 PM »
Does it? I was lookin at the packet in comparison to hills and JWB. But I suppose they are both complete foods (I'm feeding them as grazing fodder)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 20:23:58 PM »
Think I used hills dry kitten food for Pussy aka Leonie, now with Lau and I was given some of whatever it was by the vets .

I bout the next one from PAH but couldnt get exactly the same as the vets one..............she didnt mind.

I fed her probably Felix kitten but cant remember.

Its not true that whiskers has no nutritional value and it has everything that a cat needs.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
Kitten Food - JWB / Hills / Supermarket ?????
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 15:05:46 PM »
Hello !!!

Just sorting out Tippys health plans, insurance etc so I've been looking for good deals. I've sorted everything but I can't decide what food to use.

I stupidly bought Whiskers (she isn't eating this now) and I'm not going to feed her something that had little or no nutritional value.

She's having science plan chicken ATM, and I'm using James Welbeloved as treats (she has a poorly eye and it was a freebie). Science plan seems extortionally expensive, cheapest I've found it 2kg for £15.95. So I'm thinking JWB? On amazon it's £11.99 for 1.5kg

Has anyone got any recommendations or advice? I'm not adverse to other cheaper brands or supermarket brand I just want something that isn't total crap. She's a DLH fluffy tortie so her coat is important.

Oh and she's on butchers classic meat :)

Link to CatChat