Author Topic: Rescue cat food  (Read 1036 times)

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
Re: Rescue cat food
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 10:13:35 AM »
cats often love the cat/kitten milk but it does make them prone to diarrhoea. I would suggest stopping the milk. Do check for his worming date too though as thats the first thing to check with diarrhoea.

My cat (leroy <----) was found emaciated and had severe diarrhoea for many months after he started having regular meals so don't worry to much. It is best to take it slow in getting them back up to a normal weight.

Thank you for adopting a rescue cat  :)
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: Rescue cat food
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 22:07:35 PM »
Maybe the kitten milk is too rich for him so try stopping it.  Another possibility is that he has worms which can cause all sorts of tummy upsets and are common in kittens.  I would talk to the rescue again and ask when he was last wormed and what with.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 22:08:58 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline jaspersowner

• Kitten
Rescue cat food
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 22:00:10 PM »
Just adopted a rescue cat he was fighting for food before bring rescued then was ill in the rescue centre from not being to regular meals.  Had him a week and kept him to same diet just added in some kitten milk with breakfast and his diarrhoea has come back, don't like the thought of him ill is it just getting used to a new food

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Link to CatChat