Author Topic: Injured cat, update on Bertie  (Read 10407 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Injured cat
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 18:15:03 PM »
Thanks every one, i am hoping he is chiped and his owner can be traced :)
I noticed today above his eyes there is fur missing and there are red dots on skin, could it be flea bites?
I hope is not ring worms :scared:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 16:40:53 PM »
Such a lovely pic Pav  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 16:17:56 PM »
What a great picture and once he feels secure................think he is nearly there  ;D .........he will be there to stay  ;D

Felicity looks lovely and what a gorgeous pair  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 14:23:22 PM »
he is lovely Pav, mmm if he is a stray I'm guessing he won't be much longer  ;)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Update on injured cat
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 14:21:43 PM »
 Just a little update on Mr Pip :Luv: He is doing well with his leg and having his meals indoor and not under the car :)
I decided not to trap him and wait till he is friendly enough to be picked up to do the vet visit checking for micrchip but am sure he is sleeping rough :( Every time i open the window or front door he appears he wonder around the place but if  i try to close the window or door to keep him in then he panics and runs out.

He is a purr machine and loves to be brushed and even let me wipe his eyes.
Today is been raining all morning and for the first time he has spend the whole morning in having a nap, am going to try and add some pics.
Aww and Felicity is fine having him around she follows him every where  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 21:26:10 PM »
Just seen this Pav - it could only happen to you  :hug:

Beautiful cat and such a shame he won't come to you so you can see if he is chipped and get him to his owners. For some reason he feels safe under that car and is ot going to come out.

I suppose you could do a poster saying something on the lines of:

Is this your cat or do you know who this cat belongs to?
I have concerns as it seems a little hurt and hiding under a car for a few days/nights now.

Good luck.   :hug:

Mary

Thankx Mary.
He goes hiding under the car only when i go out to put food and make this little hiss at me , that is why i think he may be living rough for a while and feel that is the way to protect himself! :-:
I have put posters in every house in our street and going to put more on trees this weekend.
I wish i had more free time to spend with him and gain his trust to get him to come in as he did the other day but i am working long hours and when he turns up in the morning i dont have long before leaving for work :( Hoping this weekend i might get him to come in.
I am concern about his leg and where he is sleeping in this cold weather.
 :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 21:03:18 PM »
I think you should keep feeding him Pav  :hug: :hug:
Thank you Gill yes i am going to keep feeding him till i can get him to my vet to be checked for microchip as i noticed he is still limping surely if he had some one to care for him they would see to his leg and keep him in till he is well enough to go out again :(
 :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 20:57:20 PM »
Quote from: fluffy bunny link=topic=42686.msg 758413#msg 758413 date=1360052108
Aww he looks gorgeous! Personally I wouldn't read too much into the good condition of his coat - do you remember Lia the service station cat? She was out for 3 months and when she was caught her long hair was still in very good condition and only had a couple of tiny mats under her chin.  If you'd picked her up at the time you wouldn't have assumed that she had been out for so long because her fur was in such good condition.

I do hope you are able to catch this gorgeous puss, it's awful to think he might be lost, injured and cold.  God luck x x

Yes you are right, his coat condition don't mean he is not living rough, his under coat could be mated and i have seen him washing him self after meal hence the reason for his white bits being so clean.
I have this strong feeling that he is either lost or has got a home but not being looked after in proper way , other wise why would he stay out here under a car in rain and snow for food!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 19:04:55 PM »
Just seen this Pav - it could only happen to you  :hug:

Beautiful cat and such a shame he won't come to you so you can see if he is chipped and get him to his owners. For some reason he feels safe under that car and is ot going to come out.

I suppose you could do a poster saying something on the lines of:

Is this your cat or do you know who this cat belongs to?
I have concerns as it seems a little hurt and hiding under a car for a few days/nights now.

Good luck.   :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »
I think you should keep feeding him Pav  :hug: :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 08:15:08 AM »
Awww he looks gorgeous! Personally I wouldn't read too much into the good condition of his coat - do you remember Lia the service station cat? She was out for 3 months and when she was caught her long hair was still in very good condition and only had a couple of tiny matts under her chin.  If you'd picked her up at the time you wouldn't have assumed that she had been out for so long because her fur was in such good condition.

I do hope you are able to catch this gorgeous puss, it's awful to think he might be lost, injured and cold.  God luck x x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 03:47:36 AM »
Thanks Rosella, i put the posters through the houses on one side of the street and will do the other side tomorrow hoping some one recognise him :-:
Gill he is a very good looking boy , i would like to find out if he is chiped or not . Do you think i should stop feeding him?
Fc he has been around for a while , i was thinking if he is a full Tom then that might be the reason for him straying.
I havent heared from Mayhew and was going to go there this morning but i think i wait a bit longer and see how it goes with him .
Thank you every one. :hug:
Rosella hope it all goes well this weekend :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 21:40:29 PM »
He is beautiful boy isnt he? and like everyone has said his furr does look in good clean condition (even his tail, which with 2 longhairs, is the first to look be draggled from sitting on the wet floor when caught in the rain  :-[ )
If he is a stray, i would bet that he hasnt been straying for long. Perhaps what ever caused his injury made him run off in shock and he has lost his way? Whatever his story, it sounds like you're slowly gaining his trust and that can only be a good thing! you'll find him curled on your bed next time!!
Bless him x
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 12:02:09 PM »
He is beautiful Pav but sounds very shy and scared but he is obviously wanting very much to come in.

I hope he will be brave enough in next couple of days and then maybe he will let you get closer, he is so lucky to have found you  ;D

Then you maybe able to get him checked for a chip and hopefully find out if he has an owner............who doesnt seem to be looking for him unless he has travelled a long way.

I do hope his leg is OK his so very very handsome  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 11:04:10 AM »
His coat looks to be in excellent condition and very white fur for a stray cat Pav  :-:  Very much hope he continues to put more weight on his leg  :hug:  As long as his leg continues to improve, the only possible worry might be that he has only recently become lost? 

It would be so nice if we could somehow know for certain who each cat in the neighbourhood "belongs" to.  Only 3 of our 8 have collars for one reason or another and I do worry about people thinking the others might be stray.  I put my faith in the fact they all look clean and well groomed though and my increasing notoriety as the local crazy cat lady :innocent:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:04:48 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 09:33:49 AM »
I finished with Felicity around 6 and thought i go back to bed for another hour but then the light out side my front door kept coming on so i got up and there he was :( I opened the door and he started crying its first time i heared him and i think he is a boy very deep voice :naughty: So i went down to prepare some food and as i came out of kitchen there he was in my landing but as soon as he saw me he run out  :shy:
I sat with him while eating his food and noticed he is puting pressure on his leg not like yesterday which he was keeping it up so its good i think?
Once finished he just sat there very relaxed and washed him self :Luv2: It was very windy and bit wet and i felt he wanted to come in but then i had to come and get ready and didnt want to risk in case he come in and hide. I will leave the door open this eve while i am in and see if he try to get in. Not sure if i need the trap now have to keep an eye on his leg and see how it goes.
When i left for work he was sitting outside main door and washing him self. Bless
Helen once again thank you for your help and support. :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 04:37:54 AM »
 Thank you Helen. I have been out and checked but he is not there so hoping that he has a human some where and they have kept him in and he will be looked after.
I will print some posters today incase he is back later.
Thankyou. :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 00:28:23 AM »
A paper collar would be ideal but sounds like there's no way you'd get close enough  :shy: Might be worth dropping a few notes through the neighbours doors to see if they know where he comes from and whether he does have a home or is lost.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 23:50:13 PM »
Tbh his coat looks in a very good condition unless its matted underneath, that is what puzzeled me.
If he has a home why would he sit under a car in rain/ snow at all hours ?
I am hoping there is a home and he has been home since this afternoon and his humans take care of the leg but if i see him early hours of morning then i presume he is stray.
Do you think its wise to print his picture and put it through the houses in our street , but then what do i say
found cat/ injured cat or ...?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 23:36:40 PM »
I don't think 'he' looks like a girl particularly, just that it's impossible to tell the sex of cat without getting close up so 'he' might well be a 'she'! Will stick with writing he for now as I hate calling animals 'it'  :shy: He does look to be in good condition fur wise though, I would have thought that a long haired stray that wasn't being groomed would look scruffier than that. You've seen him in the flesh so to speak, do you think he looks scruffy/matted?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 23:30:12 PM »
Helen its very hard to say the sex , i watched him this afternoon while he/she was under the car and was holding the leg upand washing himself but he is very fluffy. Do you think its a she?
If i dont hear from Mayhew by tomorrow afternoon then i will pop in on Tuesday morning, i know they might not be able to take him/her in as they are replacing the cattery roof and all the cats are with foster people but if i get the trap then i can take him to my vet. such worry  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 23:17:19 PM »
Here he is  :Luv2: Have you got close enough to see if he is definitely a 'he' not a 'she'?

Edit to add second pic
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 23:22:50 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 23:15:24 PM »
Helen, thank you so much.
I emailed you the pictures, and just would like to ask people who check lost cat sites to keep an eye for this little guy.
Thank you

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 23:03:20 PM »
I think you're doing everything you can at the moment Pav, sounds like he's not too badly injured if he's getting away before you're able to get close. That's not to say he doesn't need his leg looking at though  :hug: Are you able to go through old mobile bills to see what numbers you called for Mayhew in the past? Or maybe drop them an email instead.

Feel free to email me the pic and I can post for you. Also just wanted to say if ever one of my boys was lost or hurt I really hope that they were to come across somebody like you  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Injured cat, update on Bertie
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 16:43:51 PM »
 For last couple of months a long hair ginger/white cat has been visiting us waiting patiently under the cars in front . As he was in a good condition i thought he is just being greedy and is after food and ofcourse being told by neighbours dont feed him which is fine as i dont like some one feed my cat if she/he visits them but then as i get up at all hours to take Felicity out i noticed him being there waiting  :( I was a bit concerened seeing him out there in rain and snow and thought if he is a full Tom there is a chance he might be lost  . Only last year i took a full Tom to Mayhew and found out he was chiped and been lost for a year!
So i started puting food out under the car and thought with time i might be able to get close to him and have him checked for microchip, he hisses every time he sees me and runs under the parked cars but the comes out for the food . I havent seen any notice of lost cat in our area but then he could be from miles away and lost.
Last night i fed him around 12 and watched him cross the road and disappear :( When i took Felicity out at 4 this morning he was out watching through my window and then i noticed he is not walking right , he went under the car holding his back leg up so i fed him and sat out with him till it was light there is no sign og injury so am not sure if he is been in a fight or involved in Rta. I decided to follow him and he crossed the road very slowly and just disappeared in some ones back gd , i am really concern as he walked very slowly and seemed in pain. There are lots of Foxes out at night and dogs which are not on lead :-: He was bachk this afternoon and stayed for a long time so i left the window and front door open and tried to encourage him to come in but he is too timid and left after neighbour arrived with their baby.
I have left a message for Mayhew th see if i can borrow their trap but since my mobile was stolen i have lost all direct numbers so the message was left on general line and no one has got back to me :tired:
I would appreciate if any one here has any idea or thought what is best to do right now.
I also have some photo of him taken few weeks back, if any one can help me to put them here i could email them.
Thank you for reading this and any advice.
Pav
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 22:27:48 PM by pappilon »

Link to CatChat