Author Topic: Winstons new House  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Winstons new House
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 06:21:13 AM »
They are well made Gill, just a pain to clean, you stick your arm in and then you cant see what your doing   :doh:

The dog ones are fine - not that I have cleaned it. I change the bedding but that's it. It doesn't get dirty.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline BenLinz

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 00:13:33 AM »
Just incase anyone is considering i would recommend against the cat igloos you can buy...

who ever decided that the time was right for an inflatable cat house had clearly never... SEEN A CAT

ollie inspected it, yawned, stretched over... and punctured it with one claw...

£35 down the drain in 15 mins

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 00:09:49 AM »
pics added - couldn''t amend the title !
I think he approves , he stayed in for a while and was kneading it - just got him as he came out - so far, Winston ,Bungly and Smartie have all tried it inside - will put it outside tomorrow for Winston to shelter in .Will have to bring it in at night so Baggins doesn''t use this as well !!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 00:23:12 AM by bunglycat »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: Winstons new House - with pics
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 23:58:41 PM »
Winston also has the other one on here , but he isn''t keen on going in it (its easy to clean too as the roof comes off ) - maybe as its got the cat flap on and no windows !?
He likes the patio bit -but it all needs restaining now.
The one Baggins is in has windows and Winston likes that as he is unbelievably nosey to the extreme !! :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 00:07:54 AM by bunglycat »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 19:38:56 PM »
They are well made Gill, just a pain to clean, you stick your arm in and then you cant see what your doing   :doh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 19:24:52 PM »
I have just bought a Snugs one but its not arrived yet and hope its good

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 19:20:18 PM »
Theres also mr snugs kennels http://www.snugspetstore.com/fullrange.asp not good for cleaning if puked in, would advise drilling the drainage hole out to a much more practical size and location  ;)

I have a snugs and a kenny http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/dog-supplies/dog-beds/dog-doors-runs-and-kennels/dog-kennels/ferplast-kenny-pet-kennel.html what i like about the kenny is that the lid comes off so easy for cleaning and its a nice size if your ferals like to hang out together

and iv also got one of these http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_houses_flaps/dog_houses/niko/33083 this is very well made and they sleep in and on top  :innocent:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 18:48:32 PM »
Thanks MM, I'll have a look for me feral kitties  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 18:46:29 PM »
Kat Kabins have been around quite a while janey, they do more colours now tho  :wow: quite pricey for what they are imo so its worth having a good look around for the best price, some places are £30 more than others  :Crazy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 18:29:39 PM »
Thats great and looks weather proof  ;D

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 17:27:53 PM »
Aww that is fantastic,  he will love that,  very regal xxx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 17:24:26 PM »
 :wow: that's brilliant, hope Winstons pleased :Luv:

I've seen a photo of someone's cat in one of those and he seems to love it, I'd not seen them before - are they a new type?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Winstons new House
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 17:10:43 PM »
I really hope Winston like this what i have bought him ( i bought it out of my £250 winnings -which i am supposed to save till i go to my winning London week-end !!!- its supposed to be my spending money !!)
His outside one seems to have been taken over by poor old Baggins -who does belong to someone -but spends a lot of time here sleeping and eating and waiting in Winstons outdoor house !!
Winston hasn't been too keen to go back in it and he does like to sit outside in it in the rain , so thought i would treat him to a posh one in Purple for Royalty :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat