Author Topic: Da bird being used in small doses!  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Da bird being used in small doses!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 13:47:55 PM »
Da bird is a garden toy for mine cos not enough room inside for chasing and jumping.

They follow me down the garden when I am carrying it or if we have some nice dry days together the they will hang around my garden bench waiting for me to bring it  ;D

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 10:34:03 AM »
Puggled - yes it is a great word lol!!

On re-reading my post my spelling is not so great lol....thats what I get for sneaking on when I should be working - thanks to my phone! lol!! :rofl:

Puggled - we use it a lot - usually after a gym work out - I am always puggled cos I am so unfit!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 09:50:54 AM »
My OH was playing with Da bird with Nina and had her juping here there and everywehre and after about ten minutes she was panting with her wee tongue sticking out - which resulted in me going mad at him saying he had pushed her too hard lol!!

I try and not let it get to that stage cos the wee thing dod look really puggled!

Puggled!! I know what that means now, I was reading OH's parents Scottish word tea towel when we went round there for dinner on Sunday, didn't think I'd hear it used so soon! Its a brilliant word!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 09:14:21 AM »
My OH was playing with Da bird with Nina and had her juping here there and everywehre and after about ten minutes she was panting with her wee tongue sticking out - which resulted in me going mad at him saying he had pushed her too hard lol!!

I try and not let it get to that stage cos the wee thing dod look really puggled!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 08:43:02 AM »
Charlie used to pan when we first started play sessions with Da Bird but not now think he has got fitter and more able to take the hard exercise.  He has had a couple of bumps (mostly corners of walls) so I have put cushions there now!!!!  One of my other cats Guinness (RIP) used to play so hard with ping pong balls that she used to pant too.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 16:46:50 PM »
She tries to steal it before I put it away, as soon as either of them catches it, they try to slink off with it, sadly the nasty sting always thwarts that plan. Chilli is actually worse for not giving it back, but she can't be bothered to put as much energy into catching it as Amber.

As for storage, it has to go back in the cardboard tube or they would almost certainly find it!

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 16:42:52 PM »
One day my cat will hurt himself and it will be my fault  :scared: He doesn't jump high but he doesn't care where he lands either. He has had a couple of encounters with the coffee table  :Crazy: [I would like to say that he also hits his head on the coffee table whilst wrestling straws].

I just go by the rule that I stop playing when my dog lies down panting excessively. She will take on water so won't dehydrate. Memphis however, won't drink after excessive exercise so I try not to let him get to the panting stage.

Does Amber try to steal the da bird from you when you put it away  :scared: Memphis becomes like a possessed kitty  :Crazy:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 16:31:53 PM »
I'm starting to notice more when she's tiring now and putting it away, she always sulks though, lol! I'm not surprised she tires hersef out though, she's very acrobatic, I've never seen a cat jump so high or care less about where they are going to land!

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 16:18:14 PM »
Oh Memphis does this. I tend to stop his playing before he reaches the panting stage though.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
Da bird being used in small doses!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 16:13:39 PM »
I have found that when I get da bird out, Amber puts so much energy into it that after 10-15 mins of play, I have to put it away again as she is panting, if I put my ear to her nose I can hear her breathing really quickly and sometimes she will actually pant like a dog with her tongue out. Has anyone ever seen their cat do this? She fetches things like a dog but this is taking it a little far!

Link to CatChat