Author Topic: White Lion cubs  (Read 1896 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: White Lion cubs
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 19:25:57 PM »
I went with Leigh, we had a great time - no fancy keys though, I even had to pay £3.50 for a guide book but I didn't mind as we got in for 1/2 price as we got a booklet that had trips in 2 for the price of 1 if you showed your rail ticket.  Haven't you seen the pic of the tiger he posted the other day - I thought I saw a puddy cat.

I think it was well worth the full price of £17 though I would make sure I didn't go in the school holidays, it was bad enough with just school trips there.  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 19:06:22 PM »
Haven't been there for years.

I used to have a blue plastic key that I bought on a school trip in the 60's (  :shy: ) - it had an elephant head  :) - you used the key instead of paying to listen to a commentary.
It still worked years later - I mislaid it some time in the 80's - I would love to find it  :'(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 19:02:29 PM »
Lucy, lucky you.  I was recently at London Zoo and evevry animal I saw, young or old I was saying the same thing.............. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 07:38:48 AM »
they are mighty cute, but white lions can't be integrated back into the wild as aren't a natural phenomenon. In South Africa they are bred largely for canned hunting. When I was working out there in wild animal welfare, the going rate for some sicko - European or American generally - to shoot a white lion was exposed as about R200 000 at least (£13 000 roughly). At least the German lions are in a park.....have you ever seen an old white lion though? Do wonder what exactly happens to them when they are no longer cute.
Sorry, but have seen the dark side on this issue and it's something I feel very strongly about.

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 22:58:21 PM »
They are gorgeous and I want a cuddle - what time is the next flight to Germany!! ?  :rofl: :Luv2:
Mary

I was lucky enough to stroke both white and golden lion cubs when in South Africa recently!  :Luv: :Luv2:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 19:34:34 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 18:52:43 PM »
I couldn't see them on that link Mark - I went to the following one and saw them though.  Here is the link I used in case anyone else has a problem. http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/video/White-lion-cubs-born-in-Germany/Video/200807215034557?lpos=video_1&lid=VIDEO_15034557_White%2Blion%2Bcubs%2Bborn%2Bin%2BGermany

They are gorgeous and I want a cuddle - what time is the next flight to Germany!! ?  :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 17:38:22 PM »
Gorgeous babies  :Luv: :Luv:

Arent those adult white lions impressive?  :wow:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat