Author Topic: Opinion needed - pictures of Ember  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Opinion needed - pictures of Ember
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 08:25:07 AM »
Fingers crossed.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 19:13:36 PM »
 ;D ;D Cool! I will keep plugging the idea, whilst working on my cousin for Ember.

Although, thankfully my guys have calmed down with her being about so it could be worse!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 17:40:19 PM »
I hope your cousin talks him round.
Yep your uncle would suit a fiv cat, they range in ages so im sure you could find something to match him.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 12:53:53 PM »
Another picture of the Pipsqueak. Talked to my uncle recently and apparantly I was under a misapprehension. I assumed my cousin and her boyfriend would take Ember with them and Indie when they found a place of their own, but that wasn't the plan. My uncle was going to keep her permanently as an indoor cat - but she's already curious about the outside world and she'd be an only cat, so I don't think it'd be right for her.

My cousin has fallen in love with her though, and is currently in the process of talking her partner round! :)

I've sent my cousin a link for our local CPL, as I think my uncle is an ideal candidate to home an FIV positive cat when they move out with their youngsters! I assume some FIV cats are fairly young?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 09:22:56 AM »
Thanks you lot! More voices of reason. :)  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 07:46:52 AM »
It is hard to do, but you know it is for the best. And, she is staying in the family, so easy to visit.
Please spay your cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 23:20:15 PM »
Aww Jack it's hard letting them go but you've got to the best for your existing oldies, and you know she'll have a fab time and be spoiled rotten in her new home. Make sure you get excellent visiting rights!

And I bet your house (although quiet to you) after she's gone will breathe a sigh of relief and you'll be able to feel how much everyone else has relaxed, and you can enjoy your calmer oldies again in peace!

x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 19:28:31 PM »
She seems a robust young lady, im sure she will be fine  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 19:15:12 PM »
Thanks, MM. I need a voice of reason at the moment! :) My Mum called earlier to let me know my Uncle (my cousin lives with her Dad) will be calling in the next couple of days. (Must repeat mantra "I can still visit Ember, and she'll miss me for ten whole seconds!")

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 16:39:13 PM »
Its hard letting them go but you can get regular updates and visits. I think your tom will appreciate it alot.   :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 00:11:58 AM »
My cousins back tomorrow and typically, I've got really attached to Ember. :( My oldest tom however, doesn't share my feelings towards her and is still quite grumbly when he sees her. I know she really is way too boisterous for my mob, but I'll miss the little whippersnapper!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 22:19:13 PM »
Hehe! :)

I guess financially my options are limited too. I have my youngest tom on caninsulin and now Old Mog will need treatment for her senility. Not to mention the other two cats that are bound to develop a mystery illness that eats away at what little money I have if I kept Ember! (Y'know, if you commit financially and then the unpredictable happens.)

I wouldn't want her any other way, and I feel she could be herself a lot more freely with another young cat. (Mine haven't been exposed to hyper until now, really!)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 21:33:35 PM »
smidgen does that too, and snuggles up to me in bed. But he also makes life hell for anyone who is not in the mood to play, NOW!!!, he is wrecking the joint as I speak. I have resigned myself to a messy house until he grows out of it (hopefully by the time he is around 10, if Claudius, my last Aby cross was anything to go by (died age 7 of metastatic cancer but still climbing the curtains till the day he went)... Love them and wouldn't have it any other way, but Bob, my senior cat, was possbly more resilient after being bludgeoned by the incredibly needy Pavarotti (siamese)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 21:27:50 PM »
Blackcat, she already sits on our knees. :) And lets us tickle her tummy.

I'm not worried about how we'll cope with her, more my mob. As I said, they do tolerate her, but my youngest tom is one of the most placid cats I have ever met,(and is also diabetic)and she keeps jumping on him! I don't feel at ten he should really have to deal with that on a daily basis.

Thanks, MM and Tiggys Mum. It's going to be difficult handing her over now, but I have to do what's best for all the cats concerned and I think Ember will only briefly miss us before realising she has a playmate that actually wants to play!

:blow kiss: she looks cute from this distance  :rofl:

Hehe! She's lovely up close too. If not a wee bit spirited! ;)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 19:10:33 PM »
with tufts on her ears and that oriental type body she has probably got a bit of Abyssinian in her. If Smidgen is anything to go by you have no hope whatsoever of turning her into a milky calm lap cat. She will challenge everything you do to try to make her that. I say go with the flow. At present I have Esther and Smidgen alternately wrestling, play-fighting and real fighting and the dog desperately trying to join in. All this while nursing a (very) sore knee that I injured by falling down while walking down the hill from the railway station (oh the pain!!) and no, I had not started drinking at that point of the evening, though I have now. Abys and aby-crosses are dynamite and only for those who are willing to have their lives ruined ruled by the whims of their kitties... Not for the faint-hearted, but well worth the effort  :Luv:

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 17:18:59 PM »
 :blow kiss: she looks cute from this distance  :rofl:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 17:05:10 PM »
Shes lovely JS and i think you are doing the right thing by your oldies. My lot are 18 months and still havent stopped tackling any cat in sight   :evillaugh:

Me too, I'd completely forgotten just how boisterous kittens/young cats are - there's no way Tiggy would have been able to cope with the boys.  She's beautiful and at least you will be able to keep in touch and visit her at your cousins  :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 16:39:52 PM »
Shes lovely JS and i think you are doing the right thing by your oldies. My lot are 18 months and still havent stopped tackling any cat in sight   :evillaugh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 09:12:21 AM »
Schmew - have done. And it was appreciated for all of five seconds before she tackled my hand! ;)

Ellie - she really is lovely. She has tufts on the top of her ears like a lynx! But I can see how my cats are tense most of the time at the moment and with them being older, I feel I'd be being unfair having her stay. I mean, they really don't grow out of tackling for a good year, do they? She will be spoilt rotten with my cousin, though. I've seen how Indie is treated. :)

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 13:49:43 PM »
Awww she looks like a sweetheart .. a very hyper gorgeous wee girl   :evillaugh: :Luv:

Well done to you and your cousin for giving Ember the chance of a forever loving home  :hug:

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 23:49:58 PM »
That's sensible of your cousin, and like you say you'll be able to see her and keep up to date.

hard decision to make, but you're right to do what is best for everyone. Give her a scritch from me (while she's sleeping!)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 23:36:33 PM »
Yep, she's safe...not so sure about my mob, though.

Both my partner and I have realised that although we're very much attached to her, if we kept her here we'd be doing it for us and not for the cats. She has so much energy and my lot are 16,12,10 and 6 so they don't really know what's hit them! As mentioned in the original thread, my cousin is going to see how her little one gets on with her because we feel it's more likely she'll get actual interaction with Indie. (That isn't being batted on the head or hissed at!) The only reason Ember has holidayed with us for this length of time is because my cousin went on holiday and (very responsibly) wanted to be on hand to ensure that the introductions were done properly.

She really is a sweetie, but at least we'll still get to see her and get updates!

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 23:03:40 PM »
Ooh she looks lurvely (if a little blurred!)

It sounds like it's a miracle you got her to keep still long enough to take pics! Mind you, they all have to sleep sometime (bliss!)

Well done again for taking her in - she sounds like good fun and I'm glad she's safe

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 22:43:54 PM »
Yep, those pictures really don't do justice to how much of a whirlwind she is...they're taken after jumping up all the curtains in the house, on every one of our mob that passes and grabbing every arm that comes within wrestling distance!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Opinion needed - pictures of Ember
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 22:42:28 PM »
Well, here's the little Hellcat causing mayhem in our house:

Link to CatChat