Author Topic: biscuits...?  (Read 2024 times)

Catbird

Re: biscuits...?
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 12:08:45 PM »
Hi I have looked at this before, I think its just bigger kibbles really.......? Anyone know if Im right? We do give simba defurrum treats to help with his furballs - it works very well.
nikkix

I have used RC Maine Coon.  It does seem to contain something to control hairballs and I like the fact that due to the size of the kibbles, the cat has to chew it - thereby using her otherwise redundant teeth.  so yes, I think it is different to normal RC.

C.

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 11:44:43 AM »
huge hugh  :sick:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 11:27:16 AM »
Michelle, meet Hugh  :innocent:

LMAO - erm......I'll pass thank you  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »
omg where do you find these things????????????????

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 11:23:29 AM »
Michelle, meet Hugh  :innocent:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 11:11:41 AM »
Who is Hugh? - is he huge?  :evillaugh:

MARK  :wow: :wow:
But if HUGH is HUGE i would like his phone number  :rofl:

(leave me alone, i just got up lol)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 11:03:43 AM »
 :-[ - That will teach me  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:03:09 AM »
wouldn't you like to know!  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:01:54 AM »
Who is Hugh? - is he huge?  :evillaugh:

I got some BOGOF last week to mix with Orijen. They had the slimness/active /beauty in the offer.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:03:14 AM by Mark »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »
my lot have gone crazy for rc, I've changed over from hills as Star has put on a lot of weight but the others are all nicking her food now as well!

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »
Royal Canin do a special blend for Maine Coons - I don't know how it compares to regular but I would assume it has something extra for their coat and something for furballs.

Hi I have looked at this before, I think its just bigger kibbles really.......? Anyone know if Im right? We do give simba defurrum treats to help with his furballs - it works very well.

Ah, biscuits that both my kittens and cats can eat might be easier - can see they will jsut both eat each others biscuits otherwise!

nikkix

They are HUGH HUGH  kibbles  :rofl:

I personally think that RC are the best dry food, Why not just go for a normal rc biscuit

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:29:02 AM »
Royal Canin do a special blend for Maine Coons - I don't know how it compares to regular but I would assume it has something extra for their coat and something for furballs.

Ah, biscuits that both my kittens and cats can eat might be easier - can see they will jsut both eat each others biscuits otherwise!

nikkix

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »
Royal Canin do a special blend for Maine Coons - I don't know how it compares to regular but I would assume it has something extra for their coat and something for furballs. It is on offer at the moment in PAH -  £9.99 for 2kg - down from £14.99  :) http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-1+cat/category-is-1f+food/category-is-1f01+dry+food/product-is-12155m- worth stocking up at that price  :)

Orijen (from zooplus) is the best dry food on the market as it has no grains so would help the poo situation  :evillaugh: (it says it is suitable for cats and kittens)

No experience with kitten food.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:19:06 AM by Mark »

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
biscuits...?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:10:07 AM »
I  am getting in a faf about biscuits! I dont know what is best to feed my indoor lad (2.5yrs).... I want to feed him a complete biscuit (he wont eat wet food at all) that is good for his coat quality etc and importantly helps keep litter tray smells to a minimum. I recently changed him to Hills natures best, but think maybe its not quite so good in the smells department..... He is a maine coon so long haired.  :shocked:

What are your thoughts ?

Also similar question to kitten food, only this one is shorthaired and loves wet food as well. At the moment I am allowing her to free feed on Hills kitten biscuits and then giving her half a sheba prime cuts in the evening as a treat (I know its a complimentary food).

thanks, nikkix  :briggin:

Link to CatChat